Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I LOVE Amber's song. I deny totally singing this at Karaoke night in Shreveport.
    OMG, please tell me someone has a video of this somewhere....LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    oh blake, it's not 90/10, unless everyone else turned it off
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    If I lived in Muskogee, I can't imagine making it through without extracurricular substances.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I hope Blake loses a singer the next two weeks so the final has one from each coach. I don't care which one he keeps. (except I'd laugh and laugh if the Swons make it to the final but I'm certain it will be Danielle).

I want the Swons to sing some outlaw country.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I think the country singers will take votes from one another and one of them will be going home, but Blake is doing a good job of setting his singers up for their post-Voice career. While it might help them on the show to be more versatile, I think they're more likely to get work by showing a consistent identity.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I think the country singers will take votes from one another and one of them will be going home, but Blake is doing a good job of setting his singers up for their post-Voice career. While it might help them on the show to be more versatile, I think they're more likely to get work by showing a consistent identity.
    The Swons and Danielle have a real shot at a country career if the get the right producer and songs. Amber might, but Danielle has the better voice and better shot ala Taylor Swift and the other young country singers. So, winning isn't that important considering Blake can take them on tour and put them in touch with the right people. More than any other coach can or will do. Adam can't do that much for Amber. His music is totally different. Shakira can't help Sasha that much and Usher can't do much for Michelle. But, Blake and Miranda can and will help the Swons and Danielle.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Ugh, I hate that song when Taylor sings it and as much as I like Michelle, I didn't care for that version at all.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Two bad song choices for Michelle. But I think she'll be OK anyway, she has a real fan base now. I like some Taylor Swift songs a lot, just not that one, and even if Usher is trying to prove Michelle is commercial there were plenty of other choices. The Pink song was great a few weeks ago...
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Why are people surprised they're singing country songs when 4/6 singers are country singers?
    All of them are singing a country song tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And Danielle could sing a song not written for a married woman in a dying marriage.
    It would be very nice if someone were to point out to Danielle that it might be a good idea to try to understand what the lyrics she's singing are about. Seriously.

I keep waiting for country fans to split the vote, but so far, that's not happening.
    I don't think it works like that on The Voice, unlike on American Idol. At least, not until the end. Because people are limited in the number of votes, it's really easy to vote for all the country singers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The Swons and Danielle have a real shot at a country career if the get the right producer and songs. Amber might, but Danielle has the better voice and better shot ala Taylor Swift and the other young country singers. So, winning isn't that important considering Blake can take them on tour and put them in touch with the right people. More than any other coach can or will do. Adam can't do that much for Amber. His music is totally different. Shakira can't help Sasha that much and Usher can't do much for Michelle. But, Blake and Miranda can and will help the Swons and Danielle.
    I completely disagree with this. Amber's voice is every bit as good as Danielle's, and a good bit more versatile. Amber seems to understand lyrics, Danielle does not. You'd say, huh, that girl has a nice voice...I wonder what I want for dinner tonight. You can't just be talented, you have to be memorable. I'm not sure how memorable Danielle is beyond this show after the tweens have moved to the next six second teenage wonder. There are thousands of young girls with great voices, and maybe ten that will make you sit up and take notice with just their voice on the radio, and I'm not sure Danielle is one of them at this point. To me, she's gotten weaker as the competition has gone on. Though I'll give it to her on the last 20 seconds of that last song she sang--she can really hit the glory notes.

As for Usher, out of all the judges, he has the most to offer. Usher has his fingers in so many pies in so many different genres. If I were on The Voice, I would rather be kicked out first in the live rounds than go to the end with any other coach. Usher is a kingmaker and collaborates with anyone and everyone. So is Shakira in much of the world--she was the best selling female artist of the first decade of the 00s. She's outsold any other coach on The Voice, maybe combined.

And while Blake might take his singers on tour, they don't do much else. The singers who have had the most success beyond the show have belonged to CeeLo and Christina. To Blake, this is a competition for him. He'll pull out the aw-shucks bonhomie hokum to get votes, he might take a singer on tour, but it's very calculated. It's a competition for Adam too. For Xtina, it's a great excuse to show her fabulous cleavage and show everyone every once in a while that SHE has the Voice and no one else. I really think the only ones that enjoy the actual contestants are Usher, Shakira, and CeeLo but are not so great at the competition aspect.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I completely disagree with this. Amber's voice is every bit as good as Danielle's, and a good bit more versatile. Amber seems to understand lyrics, Danielle does not. You'd say, huh, that girl has a nice voice...I wonder what I want for dinner tonight. You can't just be talented, you have to be memorable. I'm not sure how memorable Danielle is beyond this show after the tweens have moved to the next six second teenage wonder.
    I agree with this. However, I think Danielle is more marketable in the short term because she's cuter and younger and they're portraying her as fresh off the turnip wagon and a star in the making gracing their stage. I think they had her pegged as the winner from the beginning and have been promoting her accordingly. Just like with Blake's winner last year.

ETA: I doubt Cassadee has much of a country career ahead of her though.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    SASHA FTW

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like that shakira darkened her hair. she looks really pretty tonight. i'm voting for her.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Fcuking A. Best country song of the night by a black girl from New York. I totally LOVED it!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Blake: "and she took her dress off"

Shakira: "hey, who's her coach?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I agree with this. However, I think Danielle is more marketable in the short term because she's cuter and younger and they're portraying her as fresh off the turnip wagon and a star in the making gracing their stage. I think they had her pegged as the winner from the beginning and have been promoting her accordingly. Just like with Blake's winner last year.

ETA: I doubt Cassadee has much of a country career ahead of her though.
    I doubt Cassadee has much of a career period. The world does not need America's answer to Avril Lavigne. By the time Sony has produced Danielle's first single, some other pretty young thing will have taken her place and she'll be a forgotten footnote in reality show history.

I don't watch American Idol, so I don't know how that show works, but I do know the winner is announced on Tuesday or whatever and by Thursday, every major Top 40 radio station has their first single. Sometimes they become hits, sometimes they don't, but it's there before you get. It's a big failing of The Voice to not have a faster turnaround. I get that The Voice wants to create artists (har) and some of the Voices write their own music, but there's no reason why Sony producers can't start working with the top ten to have their first single ready to drop the second the winner is announced. I can name ten singers from AI and I've only seen 15 minutes of that show in its entire existence, but I'd be hard pressed to name all the winners of The Voice, a show I actually watch.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    The funny thing is, I own a couple of songs by Cassadee's former group. My daughter shared them with me after she bought them a few years ago. I like them, especially for working out.

So yeah, theoretically she's quite marketable, actually.

vCash
    I don't watch American Idol, so I don't know how that show works, but I do know the winner is announced on Tuesday or whatever and by Thursday, every major Top 40 radio station has their first single. Sometimes they become hits, sometimes they don't, but it's there before you get. It's a big failing of The Voice to not have a faster turnaround. I get that The Voice wants to create artists (har) and some of the Voices write their own music, but there's no reason why Sony producers can't start working with the top ten to have their first single ready to drop the second the winner is announced. I can name ten singers from AI and I've only seen 15 minutes of that show in its entire existence, but I'd be hard pressed to name all the winners of The Voice, a show I actually watch.
    In general, the Idol coronation singles are really bad. I can understand why The Voice doesn't have them release a crap single immediately. By virtue of the format, I don't think you'll ever see The Voice create the kind of fan following of a contestant that Idol creates. People see much more of the Idol contestants over the course of the season than they do of The Voice contestants. And, as much as The Voice has milked the sob stories this season, I think Idol does it even more. Plus, people can vote like crazy on Idol. They just become much more invested in the Idol contestants.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I kind of want to see Sasha win just to see Shakira's reaction. She's adorable and I love how genuinely excited she gets.

vCash
    I am completely bored by Holly & Danielle & I seldom make it thru their entire songs. Amber also bores me quite a bit & she hits a lot of flat notes. The Swons are so likeable that I don't really care what they sing. I also like Sasha & Michelle but the only one that I am likely to buy is Michelle. Her pre-Voice youtubes are amazing.

1st round - my ranking:
    1. Sasha Allen: Aretha Franklin’s “Ain’t No Way” (Contestant’s Choice) |
    2. The Swon Brothers: Darius Rucker’s “Wagon Wheel” (Contestant’s Choice) |
    3. Michelle Chamuel: Keane’s “Somewhere Only We Know” (Usher’s Choice) |
    4. Amber Carrington: Skid Row’s “I Remember You” (Adam’s Choice) |
    5. Holly Tucker: Martina McBride’s “When God-Fearing Women Get the Blues” (Blake’s Choice) |
    6. Danielle Bradbery: Pam Tillis’ “Shake the Sugar Tree” (Blake’s Choice) | Grade: B-

2nd round - my ranking:
    1. Sasha Allen: Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” (Shakira’s Choice)
    2. Michelle Chamuel: Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble” (Contestant’s Choice)
    3. The Swon Brothers: Merle Haggard’s “Okie from Muskogee” (Blake’s Choice) |
    4. Danielle Bradbery: Sara Evans’ “A Little Bit Stronger” (Contestant’s Choice) |
    5. Holly Tucker: Rascal Flatts’ “My Wish” (Contestant’s Choice) | |
    6. Amber Carrington: Patsy Cline’s “Crazy” (Contestant’s Choice) |

That was the worst arrangement of Crazy I've ever heard. I was cringing by the end. I would not be unhappy to lose Holly, Danielle, or Amber, & not because I'm not a country fan. I just find Holly & Danielle supremely boring & Amber is flat and/or pitchy so often that it's off-putting.

Sasha really surprised me tonight. Her stage presence has improved so much she's like a different person. In her last song she looked gorgeous, sexy, and fierce even though I didn't really think the song suited her - but the attitude sure did.

ETA: I have to change my ranking for round 1. After hearing the studio version of Michelle's Somewhere Only We Know I would put it at #1. I just really couldn't hear it live.
    Last edited by taf2002; 06-04-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast