Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    And his version of "Wish You Were Here". Or Jordis doing "The Man Who Saved The World", and hell, even JD with freaking "Pretty Vegas" - good stuff back then. Gotta love Mark Burnett for breaking the bank to buy decent songs.
    Too bad he didn't make enough money to get a network to pick it up again.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Too bad he didn't make enough money to get a network to pick it up again.
    that's not the problem. season 1 was a unique thing. to have a famous band that was short a singer, who would be really serious and respectful of the process - is really hard to find. in season 2, they tried to fabricate a band but it wasnt the same. you just knew it was never going to happen with supernova.

in theory, id love to have the show back. but i cant think of a band in need of a singer that would be as professional as INXS.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Tommy Lee killed the show. And INXS retired after kicking JD to the curb. Maybe Dave Navarro could search for his new tru wuv on Rock Star: Hamster Tattoos?

And I bought tickets to go see "Supernova" since Dave's band "The Panic Channel" opened the show. SN were freaking horrid. Like people walking out horrid.

Back to Adam's 'controversial' "I hate this country" comment. I would totally lose it if it was a patriotic cover night next week - Swons could do "American Woman", Holly could do "God Bless the USA", Danielle can just sing some Toby Keith drivel and grin her way through and still hit #1 on iTunes. Poor guy had to do a total PR apology today and then Usher steals Blake.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I thought for a minute that Adam was alluding to racism, with three blondes beating Judith, but I don't think so now. He was just pissed and frustrated.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I thought he meant people who vote country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I thought he meant people who vote country.
    That was my initial thought. That he was tired of the country thing.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Tommy Lee killed the show. And INXS retired after kicking JD to the curb. Maybe Dave Navarro could search for his new tru wuv on Rock Star: Hamster Tattoos?
    I would just like to see them search for a rock singer. The winner doesn't have to go with a particular band. I just want to see a show with no country and minimal ballads. Unless they are power ballads.
    Back to Adam's 'controversial' "I hate this country" comment.
    I say that whenever I see something stupid, like a Facebook page called "Kick out the Muslims" or something. And if three country singers made it over my singer, that would probably prompt a similar comment from me as well.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I love this country because we are allowed to say we hate this country. And when I watch the results of reality show voting, I often hate this country too. For a second, like Adam. Then, its just a reality show, take a chill pill.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i LOVE that people are voting for tina fey
    i wasnt sure they would
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't think Adam was making a comment about country music, otherwise he would have said, I hate "Country", not "this country" He was simply frustrated by the vote against Judith who let's face it is way too talented to be voted off. It to me was just another variation of "America got it wrong." I don't think it it was that big a deal. People need to cool their tits about it. I am not saying here. But like everything else that goes viral via social media, mountains are being made out of molehills. I get that in today's age of social media every little thing you do and say is being analyzed especially if you are in the public eye, you need to be careful. But it seems to me that it goes way over-board and people get skewered or lose their job over an off the cuff comment. People are just way over-offended these days over the most ridiculous things. Over-political correctness is so annoying these days.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Why only one elimination tomorrow?

vCash
    Because they need an extra week to carry the show till after the July 4th weekend?

That should have been a great song for Holly, but it didn't work for me. Started out well, but kind of tapered off at the end. Usher translation: I don't have anything bad to say, but I don't have anything good either. Where's Michelle? Who are all these other people and why are they on Michelle's stage?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Bad song choice for Michelle. I didn't like it at all.

vCash
    The original is not much better than elevator music, and that didn't change my mind. Do people vote more ballads? I need an Amanda (who I'm still mad didn't win ) Dream On .
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Agreed. Not impressed with first two songs at all.

vCash
    The song spoilers alone are a bad sign. This really is Country Idol.

vCash
    Adam seems really subdued tonight.

Holly didn't do well on the Martina song. And Michelle seemed lost in the stage fog with that talky thing Usher gave her.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    the swons song doesnt sound any better than the jingle from the ice cream truck outside. and at least he came bearing cold treats.

vCash
    Oh hell no to those hooker square dancers in the background.

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast