Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think my problem with "Skyfall" is that she sounded really flat on it, but that's the way the song actually sounds. And I can only remember the title of it. "blah blah SKYFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL"

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think it will be the swons and holly. i picked holly in part because i had to google her name. but since the swons are the only males, i wouldnt be shocked if they stayed,
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    If Holly goes home this week, it would be a shame. She killed that song both vocally and her onstage performance.

Adam does not get what Somebody that I Used To Know is about at all. It should be sung borderline-emotionless. Sasha should have sung Alone like Sarah sang Gotye, and Sasha vice versa.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Oops ... missed tonight. Nice to read your reports though. Doesn't sound like I missed much LOL

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Actually, I thought the whole show was very good. All the top 8 are very talented.

And, for those who hate Xtina and CeeLo, suck it because they'll be back in the fall. Usher and Shakira are staying in the rotation, though. This way two mentors can tour or whatever.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This song Danielle is singing is awful. I think Blake might have thrown his stah under the boss. She didn't seem too sure of the words, the lyrics were beyond whiney, and it didn't showcase what she can do vocally. IMO, Holly got the best song from Blake--is she top on the ITunes for him? Blake loves his baby country girls, but he will happily throw them under the bus if they don't perform.

I wouldn't mind seeing Amber win. She's only had one miss in my opinion, she puts emotion into her words, she's not annoying, and she's done the most variety the most believably. More Shirley Chisholm than Adele, but I liked that.

My top three for tonight were Amber/Michelle <gap> Holly. My least favorites were The Swon Brothers and Danielle. I think Judith, Sarah, and Sasha were about equal. I'll be sad for whoever leaves at this point.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    My favs tonight were Judith & Michelle, in any order. I can't stand will.i.am (pretentious name - ugh!) or Justin Bieber but if that was their song, I'm impressed. I thought Judith was fabulous. And IMO that was the best Michelle ever sang. I love Bruno Mars so I thought she was going to ruin the song but she killed it.

I think Holly is going home tomorrow but I doubt if the Swons will. To me it's a toss-up between Sarah and Sasha. And I think she has a good voice but Danielle leaves me cold. I FF'd her song about halfway thru. She bores me. So does Amber.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    More Shirley Chisholm than Adele, but I liked that.

what the hell did i miss? or do you mean shirley bassey?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    what the hell did i miss? or do you mean shirley bassey?
    Yes, Shirley Bassey. Though Zombie Shirley Chisolm singing Skyfall would be awesome. "Let the Skyfall...you misogynist bitches! Let me tell you about James Bond..." I would totally vote for that.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I love the song Grandpa, but I think you need some life experience to sing it (which Danielle doesn't have) .. like you've gone through some horrible stuff and are looking longingly back at good memories.

ETA: Amber/Michelle and Judith/Holly next. Others were sorta meh.
    Last edited by Alixana; 05-28-2013 at 04:12 AM.

vCash
    Michelle's version of Grenade reminds me of Delilah's version from the Sing Off, which not ironically featured our very own Amy Whitcomb! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KisksTpXRw I'm really digging Michelle's version, though. But Amy and Delilah's will always be my very favorite.

vCash
    Any of the blonde girls or Sarah can go tomorrow. They bore me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I think I agree with you. But with a backwards glance at both Sarah and holly, both of whom can sing and deserved to get this far.
    I thought Holly was terrible last week and she might have gone home if she were on someone else's team. Blake’s contestants always seem to get extra support from Blake’s fans. I think Sarah has had her share of weak performances, too. I’ve really liked only a couple of them.

In general, I think Amber is a better singer than Holly, but I think Amber has to stop covering songs by such talented singers because she pales in comparison. (And Adam has to stop saying things like how Amber will fade into obscurity if she just sings country songs. That’s a great way to alienate country fans. Stoopid Adam.)

I don't think Danielle has a clue what she's singing half the time, but she has a nice tone, she's young, cute, and pretty, and she's on Blake's team. I will be really surprised if she doesn't win. She’s the most likely one to have real commercial success.

I think Judith is losing more of her early fans with each song choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she does not make the finale. I preferred Sasha tonight doing her current pop song.

I think Michelle adds a lot to this competition. She could give some of the others lessons in phrasing. Unfortunately, I don’t think her appeal is broad enough to win.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Overall a very solid night!

Did Blake already perform this song on the Voice? I know I've heard it before, and this is the only place I would encounter Blake Shelton's music. Aaargh, I hate the laziness of including stylized recorded backup bits in an allegedly live performance. Makes me think the whole thing is lip-synched.

Judith was amazing - it helps that I didn't know the song, so had nothing to compare it to. She performed that like an established star, not a contestant.

Swon Brothers - I was cooking dinner in the other room and didn't see this, but it sounded fab. I'm not familiar with that song either, but the harmonies are very Eagles.

I liked the 4 women singing Diamonds - really highlighted their very different voices, but they all sounded strong.

Sasha - oh Shakira...what a misstep this song choice was. There's just not much dynamic to the song, and it didn't allow Sasha to use her voice to the best of her ability AT ALL. Plus, the direction to make it light n' fluffy during the bridge was flat out stupid.

Sarah - I can't stand this song, but Sarah made me forget about dopey Gotye and his bodypainted angst. Great performance!

Michelle! Michelle! Michelle! I like Bruno Mars but not this song. She did a great job of it, but like Sasha, it didn't highlight her abilities. Kudos to her for getting through the mirror portion without busting up.

I confess that I went on youtube during Danielle's performance to look up live performances of Michelle with her old band Ella Riot. I would go see her perform THAT music in a heartbeat!

Amber did a perfect imitation of Adele...which is both good and bad, competition-wise. Fantastic voice, she can do anything, but after so many weeks, I have no sense of her vocal personality at all.

I'd like Danielle to leave - and since I can't remember Holly's performance at all even though I know I saw it, she should be the 2nd one.

ETA: check it http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'd like Danielle to leave - and since I can't remember Holly's performance at all even though I know I saw it, she should be the 2nd one.
    That would be nice. But, I don't think Team Blake is going anywhere. I kind of hope he goes out of the rotation in the next season or two because I think his singers no longer have enough variety or interest for me and stay on the show longer simply because they are on his team.

Thanks! When Michelle mentioned she had been working on an album, I was curious what her music was like. I don't think she will win, but I'm really hoping that Usher will help her launch a successful career. There's an audience out there for her.

I'd like to see her do her next Voice performance with the keyboard.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I think Michelle has a huge crush on her coach. When he talks to her you can see her eyes just fixate....

Not that I blame her a bit.

And I'm really surprised at how much staying power she has. When I first saw her I thought she was an indie oddity on a glitzy pop singing show, I thought she would go during the battle or live rounds. Now I like her better than Sarah, who was my original favorite.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I loved this! If her album is this good I'll be buying it the 1st day.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I think Michelle has a huge crush on her coach. When he talks to her you can see her eyes just fixate....

Not that I blame her a bit.

And I'm really surprised at how much staying power she has. When I first saw her I thought she was an indie oddity on a glitzy pop singing show, I thought she would go during the battle or live rounds. Now I like her better than Sarah, who was my original favorite.
    I think the crush is mutual although I think it's more like mutual admiration & non-romantic love than a crush. During the auditions Usher immediately connected with her. I think he would have cried if she hadn't picked him. And I think he has coached her much better than the rest of his team because he gets her.

As for her staying power, it's what I hoped for but was nervous that it would actually happen because my favs usually get voted off right & left. There are other contestants I've enjoyed but Michelle & Judith are the only ones that I can see myself buying their music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I loved this! If her album is this good I'll be buying it the 1st day.
    Count me in too

vCash
    This far in, I think we can safely predict that The Swons, Danielle, and Michelle will be able to pay the rent without needing any restaurant jobs on the side. Judith will tour with someone as a featured backup singer. I think the others will just fade into obscurity.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I thought Holly was decent tonight, but I still think she can go home with Swons or Sarah. I still would put Judith/Sasha/Michelle in the final 4 with either Danielle or Amber.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast