Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    not my cup of tea, but danielle is the only one in the top 10 on itunes at this moment
    rfisher has a future as a music producer, because she's right about how commercial Danielle is. "Heads Carolina" sounds like a do-re-mi easy-to-sing song but it actually isn't, JoDee Messina has a very strong voice in the middle octaves and it was a leap for someone so young to do that song. And I think she did it well, too, even if her performance abilities are still pretty young.

I think the top four will all be female -- Josiah, Chris and the Swons are the next to go.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Interesting night. People need to quit voting for Josiah just because he's cute. The boy can't sing .....
    Sasha did amazingly well! I like Danielle and Judith too.
    I don't think he's cute. He's alright, certainly not ugly, but his face is rather long & his eyes small. His body is nice though.

My top 3 are Michelle, Judith, & The Swons (I think they should drop brothers from their name). Next I like Sasha & Kris but they both need something: Sasha needs to tone it down & Kris needs to turn it up.

The others: Amber is like Cassaddee #2 to me, I've only liked Sarah once but I hate her normal style, Danielle isn't ready IMO, Josiah can't sing, & Holly is too blah.

vCash
    Love Shakira, but Carson needs to put a muzzle on her. It was so unfair to Michelle having her comments cut off like that because Shakira went over time defending Kris.

Puppets are creepy.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Singers should remember Miranda Lambert didn't win her TV show and the winner is pretty much forgotten. She got the right songs at the right time and the rest is history. And Hilary Scott was cut from AI during Hollywood week. It's all about having the right song and the right promotion.

Judith and Danielle moving on.

Michelle and Sasha

My favorites are safe so I don't care who the other 4 are.

So far someone from each coach makes the top 8. I think the next 4 will change that ratio.

Sarah safe (she should be grateful for her rock number). Sasha asking for song suggestions on twitter or fb. I think that's a good idea. I have some for the Swons if they make it another week. I'd love to hear them do some Montgomery Gentry..like Gone.

Swons make it through

So top 8 is 3 for Adam, 3 for Blake and 1 each for Shakira and Usher. However, their 1 are strong singers so it is very possible for the final 4 to be 1 singer/coach.

Personally, I like Danielle, but I'd trade her for the Swons. I hope this show boosts their careers.
    Last edited by rfisher; 05-22-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Now Holly is safe.

ETA: The Swons & Amber are safe. Kris & Josiah going home. Now Usher & Shakira have only one.

The musical numbers weren't all that good tonight, both the song choices & some of the singing. Josiah was absolutely horrible. And I never realized that Shakira has a goat voice. Kris sounded better than he ever has solo. Maybe he needs to be in a duo or trio. But Judith looked :smoking:. I loved her dress & jewelry.
    Last edited by taf2002; 05-22-2013 at 03:16 AM.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Why did I never realize that Usher is five of the sexiest men alive? I didn't even realize how long he's been around. Granted, his genre of music isn't mine but boy do I feel dumb.

I've liked The Look of Love since Dusty Springfield sang it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I'd welcome Xtina and Cee-Lo back instead of Adam and Blake
    Actually, I totally agree with you. I'm tired of Adam and Blake and the phony acts they have going on. It all seems so unnecessarily scripted and bogus. It seemed pretty obvious the prodcuers wanted Danielle and Amber in the finale, but they didn't have to pretend that Amber was great last night when she wasn't. They don't have to pretend that Danielle is real and authentic and ignore the fact that she doesn't seem to know what she's singing about. Danielle is a young, blond, country singer from the south who can sing. She can have plenty of commerical success without the B.S.. It's never good when the manipulation on reality shows becomes too obvious. XTina was better then any of the coaches at giving constructive criticism. And it was great that she could sing, too.

Shakira is likeable, but she really has not done a good job. She was really bad at the blind auditions and was saved only by the steals and Adam giving her two good singers. And she's made some pretty bad decisions since then. Her critiques generally are not very insightful. I hope she improves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Why did I never realize that Usher is five of the sexiest men alive? I didn't even realize how long he's been around. Granted, his genre of music isn't mine but boy do I feel dumb.

I've liked The Look of Love since Dusty Springfield sang it.
    I've known about Usher since he was a "kid" contestant on Star Search.
    I also agree with your comments about Dusty Springfield.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't know about Usher until my friend's first grade daughter was writing questions for school and her mom noticed that one of them was "Do you know who Usher is?" That was probably in 2004 or 2005. I didn't know who Usher was, and her mom wanted to know how she knew who Usher was.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Swons make it through
    Personally, I like Danielle, but I'd trade her for the Swons. I hope this show boosts their careers.
    I can see Blake touring with the Swons. They're a much better warm up act for his crowd than either of the girls would be. Somehow I sense he's tired of Holly. If my intuition is right, he'll guide Danielle to a "moment" next week.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i envy all of you, usher still reminds me of mimi's troll collection on drew carey. every. single. time.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I can see Blake touring with the Swons. They're a much better warm up act for his crowd than either of the girls would be. Somehow I sense he's tired of Holly. If my intuition is right, he'll guide Danielle to a "moment" next week.
    I can see Blake tossing Holly under a bus soon too. If he senses she's taking votes from his 'chosen one', then he'll totally kick her to the curb. But I am loving watching a country number each week with his team. He finally has some decent country singers (as opposed to Rae Lynne and Caassaaddee's faux country crap last year).

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I love Judith but that song was a piece of crap.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Judith Just totally showed she can do pop/dance tracks. No moldy oldies for her tonight. I didn't think it was crap at all. It was current and an excellent choice for her to show what she can do as an artist.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I agree. She is a brilliant singer but, I found it meh.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it was really noisy
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Holly did kill that song. I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. Not going down without a fight.

Who's Jimmy Neutron?

vCash
    Chew-tobacco-chew-tobacco-chew-tobacco-spit? Were those really the lyrics? Just now starting. Shakira needs a muzzle. I'm ready for Xtina to come back.

Judith bored me. I don't like the original either. But I will cut someone for the coat and the hair. I would wear that coat/shawl/everything EVERYWHERE. I will vote for the jacket. That's like Tina Turner gone drag, and that's always a great look.
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 05-28-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I flove that Gotye song. She tried really hard and I'm not sure she did it. Actually I think she missed some big notes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i'd like to buy a drink for whoever told sarah that this isnt poetry night at the brew ha ha. i've really liked her the last two wks.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast