Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Wow, Judith was amazing. That was beautiful!

I didn't care for Danielle tonight but it might have been because I really like that Carrie Underwood song and she just isn't Carrie, LOL

I have never heard this song that Michelle is singing but she's doing a good job with it.

Count me as another who isn't sure why Shakira picked those songs for her two people earlier tonight. Sasha's version of Alone was NOT my favorite (Kristin Chenowith and Matt Morrison blow her away with their Glee version from a few seasons ago) and Backstreet Boys?! Really???! Not good choices at all.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Danielle still can't connect to the song. Happy smiling during "Wasted" doesn't make sense. Does Taylor Swift not let her songs be licensed for this show? That child needs to just sing something a teen would so she can relate to it. Or maybe it's Blake's OTT gushing about his chosen one that's making me cranky?

Judith's hair scared me. But that voice - butter with some spice. So smooth.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I love that old Jackson five song. He did sing it sweetly. Aw. But not enough to save him I think.

Agree about shakira's song choices. Loved Michelle and I never heard that song either.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Taylor Swift must let her songs be licensed--a lot of singers sang Swift in the blinds, including Danielle. Most of them sang better than Swift. I think it's really smart for Blake to NOT give Danielle a Taylor Swift song. She's a much better singer than Swift; her songs would offer no challenge. Taylor can only hit about six notes; Danielle could yawn her way through a Taylor song.

Shakira finally got a winning song/singer combo. Really great, but I like the Mariah Carey/Trey Lorenz version better, especially when Trey hit that falsetto on holding on. LOVE this song.

Michele was good, but there was too much looping on it. It was off-putting, and I think it threw Michele a bit too. Otherwise, that would have been a great song/singer combination too.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Why do people compare live singers to Glee which is autotuned out the wazoo and recorded in a studio? It's not really fair.
    Any of Chris, Vedo, Sarah, or Garrett could be in the B2 and I'd be happy. I don't care if I hear them again. The others I want to see more.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Why do people compare live singers to Glee which is autotuned out the wazoo and recorded in a studio? It's not really fair.
    Any of Chris, Vedo, Sarah, or Garrett could be in the B2 and I'd be happy. I don't care if I hear them again. The others I want to see more.

ARGGGGGGGGG they're doing the bonus point crap again. That totally skews the voting.

vCash
    There's something about Kris that I love. His range is amazing, and I love his voice when he opens up.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Was that Glee comment directed at me? I'm pretty sure Kristin or Matthew don't need much autotune, LOL

Amber was fantastic! She's still my favorite overall.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    More than any singer in this competition, Amber understands the words she's singing, whether it's country or Rhianna. When I look at Danielle, I very much see a 16 year old with a great voice and a lot of potential. With Amber, I forget how young she is and I just listen.

I'll bet Blake's gnashing his teeth over filling his team before she auditioned, though I think Adam's a better coach for her. Best of the night for me.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Was that Glee comment directed at me? I'm pretty sure Kristin or Matthew don't need much autotune, LOL

Amber was fantastic! She's still my favorite overall.
    Almost every singer needs autotune. Very few have perfect pitch which is why records are always better than live shows.

Amber is great. Tomorrow should be an easy loss. Next week will mean somebody I like goes home. :

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i've seen cheno live and she dont need shyte!

almost everyone else, yeah they need a touch up
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Almost every singer needs autotune. Very few have perfect pitch which is why records are always better than live shows.

Amber is great. Tomorrow should be an easy loss. Next week will mean somebody I like goes home. :
    I don't know about that. Not everyone is pitch perfect all of the time but singers aren't expected to do a song in one take. There is really no need for auto tune when you can redo the note, the line, the entire song if you want. A good singer will get it right in just a few takes.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ARGGGGGGGGG they're doing the bonus point crap again. That totally skews the voting.
    It's one way to make sure their manipulation works. I think they were planning from the beginning to have Danielle and Amber in the finale -- which is probably one of the reasons they had Amber audition after Blake's team was full. These added votes help them ensure it. I think it stinks.

My thoughts on tonight:

Holly - That seemed more like a vocal exercise. I’m not sure she has any idea what that song is about. I didn’t like the shouting. Blake was full of it when he said this was her best performance. But, she’s a blonde country singer and she’ll go through.

Garrett – Bad song choice. I think Garrett thought so, too. He didn’t look comfortable. He also didn’t sound that good. I think he’ll be in trouble. Not enough of a pity vote for saying that he was picked on in school.

Sarah – The perfect song choice for her. Still not digging her, though. Blake’s favorite thing about her singing is one of my least favorite. It seems like she’s just playing vocal games rather than really trying to convey the meaning of the songs. It gets more annoying and obvious when she does it week after week.

The Swon Bros– I don’t know the song. Little bro just isn’t as good as big bro, and that was obvious in this song. But the tribute will get them votes.

Sasha – Another bad song choice from Shakira. I don’t think this song suits Sasha’s style. Or maybe I just love the original too much. Sasha’s version wasn’t raw and rough enough.

Josiah – I think that was a good song choice from Usher. That – and the pretty – might put Josiah through.

Danielle – Bad song choice. I don’t think she has a clue what the song is about. This was not one of her best, IMO. Did you know she’s really young and just a regular teenager? I’m ready for Blake and his B.S. to take a season off. I think Adam is full of B.S. too. Blech. Shakira’s “Iron Lady” comment had me laughing out loud, though. I think Danielle is one very ambitious young woman and has the act down.

Judith – I think Adam has to stop giving her these old songs. It’s not enough to be provide good vocals.

Michelle – The music was overpowering her. I don’t know if it was just a bad choice for her voice or it was the sound mix. She comes across as an authentic likeable geek.

Kris– Shakira needs to get some help choosing songs. There has to be a better song and more current song for him. He was really straining at times and had some pitch problems.

Amber – This kind of singing is just not my cup of tea. I know this is superficial, but I found her outfit very distracting.

vCash
    Allskate, was there anyone you liked?

Vedo - Usher should have got the song perfect 1st, then worked on choreo. Also I wish sometimes the judges would rethink the song choice when rehearsals show them that the song isn't working. I really like Vedo but I'm afraid he's in trouble

Holly - I've said from the 1st that she's just not good enough & I think she's at her limit now. I don't see improvement in her future. I also think there's no star power there.

Sarah - I liked her audition although I thought the praise was OTT. I hated everything since.

Josiah - his best to date

Garrett - I like him a lot but he sounded shaky. I also think it was a bad choice - he may be in trouble

Sasha - I love her voice but it was still too theatrical but she should be safe this week

Swon Bros - It was smart to put little bros's part at the beginning so we could forget it by the end. I loved the choice & they sounded good. I love the way they harmonize

Judith - I thought it was the perfect choice & she sounded awesome. I loved it

Danielle - She has no understanding of lyrics & her lack of maturity really showed on this. She has a great voice but I don't think she's ready for this comp

Michelle - I love everything she's done & this was a great choice. She wasn't quite as good as the last 2 wks but it was still good

Kris - I love his voice but again not a great song choice. I really loved his non-falsetto parts

Amber - this could have been smaltzy & vote-pandering but it wasn't - it was perfect

I can't guess who is going home but I wouldn't miss Holly, Danielle, or Josiah. I tie Judith, Swon Bros, Michelle, & Amber for my favs of the night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Allskate, was there anyone you liked?
    Yes, but I thought there were a lot of poor song choices and that there was something off with the sound mix. And some styles just aren't my cup of tea. I get that country is popular and that country fans watch these reality shows, but Blake's singers just do nothing for me and I prefer Amber when she's not doing her country power pop ballads. I found it a rather disappointing evening. Plus, I'm getting annoyed with the manipulation and the lack of constructive criticism. I don't want them to be mean, but I would like some more honesty from the judges/coaches.

vCash
    Matthew Morrison and Kristen Chenoweth are renowned Broadway stars who have been nominated for Tony and Drama Desk Awards. A well-trained singer of their regard should absolutely be expected to be in tune the vast majority of the time, whether or not they have perfect pitch.

I would say that it is unfair to compare the singers on a show like this to Broadway stars, however, not because of autotune on Glee but because it makes no sense to expect these singers to be at the level of Tony-nominated musical stars who have years of experience.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think the backstreet boys song could sound great if paired with a great singer. i cant imagine garrett ever sounding great on anything. plus his lip ring just makes him look off balanced and a little loony.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    bite your tongue!! But then, I think what makes a live show great is when it does NOT sound just like the record.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    bite your tongue!! But then, I think what makes a live show great is when it does NOT sound just like the record.
    I agree. The best I ever heard Lady Gaga sing when she sang on the Today show. Her voice sounded so much more rich.

vCash
    Live results are on. Apparently it was hot there last night. Guess they didn't mention it ENOUGH last night.

All of the top 12 charted last night. Not sure how high. Don't they count the top 10,000 as 'charted'?

Smarmy Robin Thicke was just out there with TI and Pharrel - interesting song. I was bouncing around to it, but totally forgettable lyrics. No clue what it was called.

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast