Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The final four simply has to be Judith, Sasha, Karina and I don't care who the 4th is.
    Right now, those are my top three. I predict that none of them will actually end up in the top three. I think we'll have at least two country singers in the top four.

My thoughts on tonight’s performances:

Amber – That was my favorite performance from her so far. Not as boring and generic as usual.

Josiah – Not good. That song was a bad choice. He just couldn’t handle it. I think Usher’s banking on the theory that Josiah will get lots of the votes for the pretty. I’d probably send him home, but I’m sure that’s not going to happen.

Sarah – I didn’t get all the love for Sarah. I think this was her worst performance so far. I didn’t like the way she wavered back and forth between soft and powerful. She seemed to have some vocal control issues.

Cathia – Usher needs to start picking more current songs. And PL is right. Too many ballads.

Caroline – Did not like the yodeling or phrasing, and I couldn’t understand a lot of the words she was singing. I sometimes wonder if she even knows what the lyrics are about in the songs she sings. It’s always the same. IMO, Adam should send her home this week.

Vedo – Ugh. Usher! How can Usher not choose better songs. But I thought he sang better than Josiah.

Michelle – Usher made a good song choice. Lyrically it made sense, and it showed a different side of her voice. She sounded better than she has in past performances.

Judith– She was fabulous. I’m not sure this kind of song is what’s going to get her votes from a lot of viewers. I hope Adam mixes it up for her in terms of song choice.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Michelle is the only reason I'm still watching. Although I'm not thrilled with the mom bob she's been given.

Sarah That performance of Angel was just off the mark - it was a karaoke version of Brandi Carlile singing Sarah MacLaughlan And they dressed her in a Stevie Nicks Halloween costume (I laughed out loud when Adam said she looked like Stevie later in the ep). She did much better in the group song.

I guess I'm alone - I really like Caroline's voice. yes, she was shaky last week and only squeezed through because she was up against an even shakier Amy, but I find her more interesting to listen to than the far superior technician Amber.

I can't believe Adam's designing team. I hated every single thing they chose for his singers!

I have completely forgotten the blonde boy's performance. Vedo was ok, but I was that he had never even heard of Phil Collins! (((the '80s)))

no more ballads!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Ugh! Josiah wrecked my current all time fave song. Yeah, hard core Muse fans hate that song, but I love it because it's a great pop song. This is what pop songs should sound like, not like the crap you hear on the radio.

vCash
    My faves last night were Amber and Michelle. I may be too picky, but I heard a couple of clunkers in Judith's performance and didn't hear any from Amber or Michelle.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I had high hopes after the blind auditions/battle rounds, but I feel like the judges didn't do very well in pairing contestants for the knockout round. I'm sure it's all strategy on their part, but the show seems to missing something. I can't help but think some of the stronger contestants would have added to the show. Hopefully Shakira and Blake's teams will do better.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My faves were Michelle, Amber, and Judith. Josiah should go home for sure.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Judith left me cold again. She's technically perfect, but it's like a robot perfect.

Never thought I'd say this, but I loved Amber. And Michelle was really good, but that damned haircut bugged. She looked like an insect!

vCash
    I think that I am the only one who LOATHES Judith. I can't stand her personality, her sense of entitlement, and most of all, her voice. UGH.

And for those of you who didn't like 'Angel', you have to remember that she didn't pick the song. It's not one of those songs that a 'singer' would sing-- it's one that a singer/songwriter performs. Sarah should have been given something a bit more edgy, but I still loved her.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I agree that Judith has a sense of entitlement...but I also think she's earned it. She's young, pretty, and incredibly talented. You got the trifecta, you get to be a diva.
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised though if she didn't make it to the end. While she's singing, I like her. I forget about her five minutes later.

The breakout for me was Amber I thought Adam was CRAZY for not putting his battle rounds with Warren v. Amber (country v. country, keeping Warren) and Caroline v. Sasha, keeping Sasha. Sasha, Warren, Judith, Sarah would have been a heck of a team. Shakira's probably shaking her hips to the final four with Sasha. But now I totally forgive him for keeping Amber. She and Michele were the only two who had performances I'll probably remember favorably. They're also the only ones who I felt understood the songs they were given.

But the performance of the night goes to Adam and Usher. They were amazing in sound and in looks and everything.
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 05-08-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    But the performance of the night goes to Adam and Usher. They were amazing in sound and in looks and everything.
    Let's face it. Who is this show all about anyway? Hoping this means we get Shakira and Blake tonight. And CeeLo tomorrow.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I agree that Judith has a sense of entitlement...but I also think she's earned it. She's young, pretty, and incredibly talented. You got the trifecta, you get to be a diva.
    I don't think she acts like a diva or like she has a sense of entitlement. I think she does have a very good sense of who she is an artist and she'd be stupid to think she's not talented. But, that's different from behaving like a diva or feeling entitled to win regardless of performances. However, I think her style of singing is not the style that appeals to the kind of viewer that votes a lot and downloads from ITunes. I think Amber and Danielle -- and even Caroline -- are more likely to appeal to that audience.

I didn't think it should be Amber v. Warren last week. I thought Adam should have set up the pairings last time so that he ended up with both Amber and Warren (and not Caroline) Instead, he paired those two and paired Caroline and Amy.

vCash
    I think that has got to be the main difference between American Idol and the Voice...The Voice starts out looking strictly for singers and then attempts to transform them into personable, mainstream artists who have wide appeal, where American Idol isn't looking necessarily for the best singer; they're looking for the best "idol". They choose people who have broad appeal, "stars" who have a good voice to boot.

Someone like Judith has an AMAZING voice, but as a singer, as a performer, she doesn't have a lot of personal appeal. To me, there's nothing about Judith that makes me think, "wow, I should buy all her records, and go to all her concerts, and I'd be fascinated by the music that she creates".

Just my two cents. Out of all the singers so far, the one that I think has the best shot to win is Sasha. I think Sarah is going to be leaving quite soon; she doesn't translate to live shows well, and I don't think Judith has what it takes to garner a ton of fan support. I liked Sasha, what I saw of her. But admittedly, there are other performers that I remember better, like Caroline, Michelle and Danielle. Doesn't mean they sing better, just means that I REMEMBER them better.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I think that has got to be the main difference between American Idol and the Voice...The Voice starts out looking strictly for singers and then attempts to transform them into personable, mainstream artists who have wide appeal, where American Idol isn't looking necessarily for the best singer; they're looking for the best "idol". They choose people who have broad appeal, "stars" who have a good voice to boot.
    See, this is the problem that I've had since S1 of The Voice. that first season, the mentors worked really well with their singers to emphasize who they already were, instead of trying to "transform" them into something more marketable. One of the best moments was Xtina's duet of "Beautiful" with Beverly - who is pretty much the anti-Aguilera in both voice and image. Now, singers are pushed into performances that work against their style (Sarah) and what makes them stand out is tempered for mass appeal. To me, that tactic completely undermines what the show was allegedly about (the voice, not the packaging). Given the surprising popularity of the show, and the fact that the most commercial finalist won, the show has changed gears a bit and now I barely care about the show or the singers.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I want to go sing karaoke with Blake (and Miranda). That looked like fun.

I don't remember 2 of Blake's team. I remember the brothers and Danielle, but no clue who the others are.

vCash
    This song is awful, but I think they're performing it well.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I couldn't care less who wins or if they become big stars. I watch because I love the judges as performers, the interaction between them (Blake and Adam always make me laugh) and to be entertained each week. I think that's why more people watch the Voice than AI. If the performances by the contestants are good, I consider it a bonus and enjoy it for what it is. Sort of how I enjoy AGT during the summer.

I like Blake's group's number.

vCash
    Shakira's choice for Garrett So odd. "Imagine"? Really? And what the hell was that at the end? Was he dying or choking?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in the minority, but I loved that. I liked the growls and this song sung with a harder edge.

OK, Shakira you can shut up now. We all know you want to jump him after you kick him off tomorrow.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in the minority, but I loved that. I liked the growls and this song sung with a harder edge.

OK, Shakira you can shut up now. We all know you want to jump him after you kick him off tomorrow.
    Have you seen her Spanish soccer playing BabyDaddy?

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Have you seen her Spanish soccer playing BabyDaddy?

Eyes! Plus I don't get why everyone thinks Garrett is so good looking. He's too baby faced to look like a swoon worthy rocker.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast