Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tonight was really underwhelming. I can’t see any of tonight’s battle winners winning the show, but you never know what kind of support Blake will get from his country-loving fans. To me, though, it’s all about Team Adam and Team Shakira.

Justin v. Savannah – Battle of the bad song choices. Really bizarre song choices. I don’t get it. I wonder if Blake chose Justin because Adam stupidly ditched Warren and there are now votes up for grabs from viewers who like cute, male country singers. Or, it just could be because Savannah did not sing well. Of course, he didn’t sing well either. Warren’s kicking himself for choosing Adam.

Josiah v. Jess - Josiah’s song choice and arrangement made no sense. And he didn’t sing that well. He brings the pretty, and I guess that’s what Usher “heard.” I would have gone with Jess.

Holly v. Luke – I thought she was okay. She doesn’t have the strongest voice, and I think a little more power would work better for this song. I thought Luke was just okay. I didn’t really dig the arrangement.

Audrey v. Michelle - The nerd deservedly beat the beauty.

Danielle v. Taylor – I didn’t understand why Blake stole Taylor. I still don’t. I would have picked Danielle, too. Danielle bugs me, though. She seems phony. I don’t believe her when she says that she had never performed before The Voice. I believe that she never performed on tv. But that’s it.

C v. Vedo – I would have gone with Vedo, too.

Grace v. The Swon Brothers - I would have gone with Grace. I though her vocal was more interesting. The Swon Brothers were not remotely original and not particularly special.

Cathia v. Ryan – Cathia didn’t do much for me. Ryan is more my type of singer, but I didn’t think he was that great. I probably would have gone with Ryan, especially since I think Cathia would have a problem competing for votes with the other female pop contestants.

vCash
    Questionable wins:
    Amber over Midas Whale (Amber wasn't that great and boring too)
    Sarah over Warren (love his version of Cutting Crew's hit; don't get all the Sarah luv)
    Holly over Luke (love his interpretation of a subpar song; Holly had a decent, but boring performance)
    Cathia over Ryan (love Ryan's voice; Cathia had one good moment where she almost pulled a Mariah)
    Swon Brothers over Grace (Grace had a more superior voice over the brothers)

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I think the guys had an advantage last night. Four women from the first night were so outstanding -- Judith, Sarah, Karina, Sasha -- the other two judges probably figured the votes are to be had with cute guys. (That is the only thing that explains Josiah, who can barely sing.) I also wish Warren had been on another team, he'd still be in it if he were.

And I had such a soft spot for Savannah's voice.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Questionable wins:
    Amber over Midas Whale (Amber wasn't that great and boring too)
    Sarah over Warren (love his version of Cutting Crew's hit; don't get all the Sarah luv)
    Holly over Luke (love his interpretation of a subpar song; Holly had a decent, but boring performance)
    Cathia over Ryan (love Ryan's voice; Cathia had one good moment where she almost pulled a Mariah)
    Swon Brothers over Grace (Grace had a more superior voice over the brothers)
    Three of these 5 matchups would have had a questionable winner no matter who was picked. They never should have been matched together - all of them deserved to go to the live shows. There are far more than 3 bad singers who moved on while 3 excellent acts went home.

I can't stand Cathia so I fully expected Ryan to move on. When I saw they were matched I thought it was an easy win for Ryan, not a bad match-up. And I don't count Holly vs Luke a bad matchup since I don't think Holly is bringing anything unique or interesting to the table. I was surprised she got chairs to turn & then I was surprised she won her battle. To be fair though, even though Luke can be interesting at times, I don't care much for him either & didn't care who won.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I like Ryan much better than Cathia as a singer, but I didn't care for his performance last night. But I think Usher was the wrong coach for him....Ryan did what was asked of him, the performance was weird (not bad, just weird), and then his own coach dumps him for "not being himself"! Ugh.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I agree with genevieve - I think Ryan is much better then that song showed. Usher is absolutely yummy and a great entertainer but I don't get him as a coach at all. Kind of a sad knockout round week for me with several quite promising singers going home.
    pug lover

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I preferred Grace over the Swon Brothers in previous rounds, but her version of "I Can't Stand the Rain" grated on my nerves. I just thought it a bad song choice for her. I had the same issue with Midas Whale. I love that duo, but I hated that song choice for them.

Lesson for future contestents - picking the wrong song for the Knock-Out Rounds will do you in.

vCash
    Usher leaves much to be desired as a coach'mentor, IMO
    He doesn't know how to share what he knows how to do with his team.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I agree that Ryan had a bad night. I would have picked him over Cathia though.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought it was interesting that we got to see Adam saying something similar - he thought Ryan was the better singer, but Cathia won the round.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ryan had a good night, and beat Cathia fair and square.

Well, since I am away from TV for the next week I've just set The Voice up for TIVO even though I generally never watch reality TV if it's not live. We'll see if I manage to stay unspoiled til then. How long does it take to get down to the final four?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I'm surprised Josiah won his round; He made no impression with his interpretation of that song. I guess I would pick him too, but it wouldn't be for his singing . I can see him as the front man of a band though, ie take over for Maroon 5 if Adam goes solo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm surprised Josiah won his round; He made no impression with his interpretation of that song. I guess I would pick him too, but it wouldn't be for his singing . I can see him as the front man of a band though, ie take over for Maroon 5 if Adam goes solo.
    Nooooooooooo!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Usher preparing for his movie role as Sugar Ray.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I wonder if the PTB got a ton of negative feedback on the singers being drowned out by the band & backups? They said tonight's a stripped down version. No fireworks or odd staging with dancers. Well, except Team Usher...

vCash
    Okay, so do they usually do group songs on The Voice (aside from the judges).

I admit I haven't watched this far into the season ever! I'm enjoying it. (Well except for some cruddy pairing choices from last week.)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Okay, so do they usually do group songs on The Voice (aside from the judges).

I admit I haven't watched this far into the season ever! I'm enjoying it. (Well except for some cruddy pairing choices from last week.)
    Yes and they typically do one with their mentor at some point. It was always funny to watch Xtina and her singers trying to outdo each other. Blake typically played guitar and let the team do the singing. Cee Lo was CeeLo and Adam would usually take a back seat the team.

One thing about the Voice is they often change up the live rounds each season in some way so there isn't really a fixed format.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    "Stay" is such a great song choice. But I'm already hearing background vocals.

vCash
    So is it all ballads tonight, then? Because I'll go watch something else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    So is it all ballads tonight, then? Because I'll go watch something else.
    You know you want to watch DWTS with us. There's upbeat music.

Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast