Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    for me, karina has what judith is missing

and power of love chiclet is on the wrong show
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't get it, is there any comparison between these two?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Monique has talent but that song was odious.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it's a waste if sarah doesnt go to night of a 1000 stevies directly after the show
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm betting Adam is wishing he'd pitted Warren and Sarah against Amy and Caroline. He's going to lose a good singer and keep a mediocre one. I won't even guess what he's going to do here. I liked both of them equally.
    Last edited by rfisher; 04-30-2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Sarah is a front runner to win this, I think.

I really wish he'd set them up to keep Warren too.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I love Sarah but warren was astonishing. What a stupid matchup.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I love Etta James. I love At Last (even Xtina's version). I love Sasha. I want the final four to be Judith, Karina, Sasha and Sarah. I hate the weird runs Shauna P does. I don't understand why she didn't sing a Bonnie Raitt song. She has the voice and I think she's screwed herself every week.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Not only were they great singers, but they chose songs that are great in general and great for their voices.

WTF was Adam thinking? I could easily have watched a competition of just Adam's team, plus Savannah on Blake's team. "That girl can sing...just to share the stage with her was phenomenal." Pure class. I wonder if he's thinking, would anyone mind if I pushed Caroline off the stage and brought back Warren?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Another heartbreaking matchup. Can we just keep the last four singers and let all the rest go. Sasha is much more apealing, if not as polished as Judith. Shawna just makes me sad that she isn't in a band like Fleetwood Mac, where she can perform as a legacy artist for the rest of her life, but her time to "make it" has passed.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I've loved At Last since Dubreil/Lauzon skated to it (and where else could I admit that) and Sasha did it justice. I'm agreeing with the Judith/Sarah/Sasha/Karina plus Savannah projection but thought Warren was among the best of the guys and am really sorry to lose him.

vCash
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't think anyone should ever touch "At Last".
    And at the same time, "Maybe I'm Amazed" will make me want to cry every time I hear it, no matter who sings it...

vCash
    I think Sarah has an amazing voice but I would have gone with Warren. I think he's more likely to get voters than Sarah. I'm not in love with her touchy-feely style. I do agree that Amy & Caroline were fodder & should not have been pitted against each other.

I agree about the criticism of Judith. She needs to loosen up. She was mesmerizing in that movie with Michael Jackson. I keep waiting for that magic again.

I like Karina a lot but my favorite on Shakira's team is Garrett. I think he's a star in the making & I'd like to see him in the finale.

vCash
    I'd much rather have Warren instead of Caroline.

And while I generally love Sarah's voice, that song did not do it for me. (And I really -- really -- hope the stylists do a better job with her costuming next outing. Blech.)

Glad to see Monique go. That woman had the gain turned up to 11 all the time.

Shakira's ended up with a stronger team than the one she started with. Was she still pregnant when that was shot? Incredible ability to not look pregnant (or some pretty fancy camerawork).

vCash
    Theme of the night: Adam is an idiot. He’s great at convincing good singers to join his team, but he’s terrible at assessing them and pairing them up afterwards.

Amber v. Midas Whale - I would have gone with Amber, but I don’t think she’s all that. I think Adam really wants to win with a country artist, but I think Warren would have given him a better shot. Stupid Adam.

Garrett v. Tawnya – I didn’t care of Tawnya at all, including the yodel. I would have gone with Garrett.

Amy v. Caroline – Really? I could not stand Amy’s shrill version of House of the Rising Sun. Caroline was underwhelming, and I didn’t like her yodeling either. Adam gave away Karina and Sasha so he could have a battle of fodder against fodder? And then he matched these two up so that he could put Sarah against Warren. Stupid Adam.

Kris v. Mary - Wow. That was the worst pair of the night. Mary really blew it with the song choice and arrangement. But Kris didn’t impress either with his singing or song choice. I was really surprised Shakira didn’t go with Mary. They both should have gone home, so this was not a good pairing.

Judith v. Orlando – Poor Orlando. We all knew how this was going to end. I really like Judith.

Karina v. Monique - Karina kicked butt. It’s too bad Shakira and the other judges seemed to be telling Karina not to do rock. Monique deserved to lose on song choice alone. ;-) Adam gave Karina away? Stupid Adam.

Warren v. Sarah - Stooopid Adam. Why pair these two? And why get rid of Warren? He’s a country singer with crossover appeal and a good voice. He is from the south and has the appeal of being an attractive dad. He really could have pulled in the votes. Stupid. I didn’t think Sarah was her best tonight. What was with all the yodeling tonight?

Sasha v. Shawna P. – Shawna was good, but Sasha was fabulous. Adam gave Sasha away. Adam is a dumb idiot.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Aw, I liked Midas Whale. Amber was very generic.

Yay Garrett!

Amy has many pitch problems. I like Caroline, but she had a veritable Jeremy Abbott pukey face while sitting through Amy's performance - and not because of the pitch problems. I just don't think Caroline has the ambition.

Chris didn't do great, but Mary's song choice did her in (I kinda liked that she went for a Police song, but it wasn't a good arrangement for her voice)

Poor Orlando

Karina was great, although I agree about the song being one dimensional. But Power of Love?!? that was a train wreck.

Sarah vs Warren and we all lose

Shauna vs Sasha was anticlimactic after that. I kinda like Shauna better but Sasha is technically so great, no way was she going to lose.

Blake is so predictable in his comments
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Love Judith, Sarah, Sasha, Karina. Like Garrett. Warren should not be gone - the pairings definitely should have been Warren vs. Caroline and Amy vs. Sarah. I guess Adam needs someone (Caroline) for the viewers to eliminate? I also like Midas Whale, but Amber is more "the Voice." I would like the variety though.

No one should be allowed to sing Celine Dion (for the puke factor) or Adele (for the it can't compare favorably factor).
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Oh. Midas Whale = Might as well "in a southern accent". Right? I JUST got that.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Right.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Oh. Midas Whale = Might as well "in a southern accent". Right? I JUST got that.
    I never got that. Aren't they from Idaho?

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast