Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Shan, after the teams are cut in half during the battle rounds (from 12 to 6) but back up to 8 with 2 steals each, the knock out rounds begin which are live. Last season the survivors into the finals were based on itune downloads and votes regardless of team affiliation. I think 2 were cut each week, but previously, the teams competed against their own team mates so there was 1 from each team left in the final. Last fall Xtina ended up with no singers and Cee-Lo had two in the final round so it depends on which way the producers want to go as to what they'll do this time.
    Thanks! It sounds like an interesting format.

vCash
    Not a fan of either country guy on Adam's battle round, but I'm happy to see Deputy Dawg go home.

vCash
    I thought that last battle was a bit snoozy.

vCash
    I hope they're saving Usher's best battles to the end, because so far I am not impressed. I'm also not impressed with Usher and the "you think this is funny"? That was clearly nervous, uncomfortable laughter because he knows he didn't do so well.

Roxanne done right.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Whee, home state boy goes through even on Usher's crappy song. These singers who are being chacked must have really sucked. Especially since I think they were chacked in the blind auditions.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    ITA with my girlfriend Shakira. Josiah won the Pretty Boy Fodder Battle, which is fine. Neither one of them seem particularly talented in this very talented pool, so you might as well go with the one who's slightly prettier.

As lacking as that battle was, I'd hate to see how bad the ones were they didn't show.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Blake's baby battle was good - it's what he loves best, little girls with quirky voices. I'd go with both.

vCash
    I guess Caroline's voice is unique on this show, but is it unique in general? I admit I don't care so much for the stylized sound of her voice.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    They are both really attractive singers, in a very undiva way.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    ITA with Adam--Danielle has a technically perfect voice, but there's a warm quality to Caroline. I would pay attention for about five seconds to Danielle before it faded to the background, but I would stop and listen to Caroline. I also thought she understood the song better.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If she's smart, she'll go with Usher. His team is weaker than Adam's.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    adam's team is too crowded for rachel bilson, i guess she should pick usher
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post

Roxanne done right.
    I was thinking about that during the whole battle. Same with the Man's World battle from last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    ITA with Adam--Danielle has a technically perfect voice, but there's a warm quality to Caroline. I would pay attention for about five seconds to Danielle before it faded to the background, but I would stop and listen to Caroline. I also thought she understood the song better.
    I completely disagree. I loved Danielle's voice. Caroline seems sweet but I find her voice irritating.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Caroline keeps making me think of Edie Brickell.

vCash
    Michael v. Warren -- So funny to see a flashback of Adam telling Blake he was stupid for not picking Michael and then seeing Adam use Michael as fodder. Also funny to hear Adam telling these guys what country music is about. I don't think this was a great song choice. I hope Adam gets better at choosing songs for Warren. I thought the song Warren chose for the auditions did a much better job of showcasing his voice. I think Blake was totally trying to throw off Adam by saying he would have chosen Michael. I'll bet he would have stolen Warren.

Jeff v. Josiah --It was clear that Josiah was going to win and he did.

Caroline v. Danielle -- I guess Caroline was just too old for Blake. So, Blake lost Caroline this week and picked up Taylor. I don't think that was a good trade. I prefer Caroline's tone over the Taylor Swift wannabe (who actually sings better than Taylor Swift), but I can see why Blake sees a future for Danielle in country pop. Caroline should have picked Usher. Adam's team is packed with talent. Adam is such a savvy salesman. There's no way that he's going to support Caroline over the likes of Judith and others on his team. Adam won this show just based on talking people into choosing him. It's his game to lose at this point.

I wish they hadn't just shown clips of three of the battles. NBC should ditch that stupid dating show and add another hour of The Voice on tuesdays. I'm kind of surprised Shakira ditched Mark so quickly.

vCash
    I really liked Grace Askew's audition so I was looking forward to her battle. I couldn't believe they chacked it.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    And I watched back on PVR and didn't realized they'd chacked 3 battle rounds! Guess I didn't miss much?

vCash
    I'm going to look for them online. They've been good about posting in the Highlights section.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Judith and Karina did a Japanese and Spanish version of It's a Man's World and posted it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=aW4lUbiK13A#!

I'm rooting for both of them.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast