Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Both these girls can absolutely SANG. That was awesome
    Kyle

vCash
    The last duet was Amazing. They need to release it as a single. I finally get the love for Judith. Christina would be dying to get either of these two. They were divas without caterwauling.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Crap. Now Shakira has both Karina and Sasha. Usher was stupid for not going for the steal. That was his best chance to win this competition.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I wonder if Christina is just chewing nails over that. :respect:
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Each coach has 12 singers/acts. The battle rounds will reduce that to 6. But they need 10 acts for the voting rounds. So a coach can steal even before he/she eliminates any in battle.
    I want to correct myself. Each coach only gets 2 steals, not 4.

There were some entertaining battles tonight. The Amy Winehouse one was kind of boring because neither of those girls is Amy Winehouse. I don't think it mattered who got picked in that one - I really thought both girls were fodder & would be matched with someone good. Blake's steal was totally predictable.

I think Shakira picked Garrett because he is a cute boy who will get the votes. I thought he was a little more unique than J'Sun (hate that name) & I like him. I also liked Karina a lot more tonight than I did in her audition. I would have chosen Judith but it was clear either one would score a steal, they were both so good.

vCash
    I think folks learned something from last season's epic battles - Amanda/Trevin and Melanie/Caitlin - a great combined performance has a lot more impact than two singers vocally fighting with each other.

I didn't find any of the battles tonight to be painful. And I don't miss Christina one little bit.

(And while I'll never have Shakira's body or voice, could I at least borrow her makeup artist and stylist? She manages to look absolutely amazing every single time.)

vCash
    A bad night for Adam and Blake. A very good night for Shakira with her two steals.

Amber v. Sasha – I preferred Sasha. Her voice is more interesting and I thought she did a better job of drawing out the emotion of the song. I realize that Adam really wants to beat Blake with a country singer, but I think he has a better chance with the firefighter. Plus, he could have put Amber against that Michael dude and still kept both Amber and Sasha. I know that Adam’s team is deep, but he should not have let Sasha go to another team. Not a smart pairing.

Garrett v. J’Sun – I probably would have gone with J’sun, but it’s not a big deal. They’re both fodder. I preferred Sasha and Karina to both of them.

Holly v. Michelle – I didn’t like the song choice and didn’t care who won. Not surprised Blake went for the country singer.

Jess v. Taylor – I agreed with Usher’s choice of Jess. I have no idea why Blake stole Taylor except that he has a soft spot for teenaged girls.

Christian v. The Swan Brothers - I didn’t think either was all that great and didn’t care who won.

Judith v. Karina - Great performance, but stupid pairing by Adam. Both of them are in his top 6 IMO, though I definitely do think Judith was better. Adam shouldn’t have given one of them away. He’s going to end up keeping someone who is not as good as Karina.

vCash
    Adam's team is way too strong. He needs to get some out, and to make sure they'll stay on another team. I think that's why he made this pairings
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I think he did Karina a huge favor and Shakira's team is much stronger for the steals.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I think he did Karina a huge favor and Shakira's team is much stronger for the steals.
    Yes, Shakira got awesome steals.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I wonder who else is gonna be stolen from Adam. His team was too strong from the start IMO.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    As long as he has Judith he doesn't have to worry.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The duo and the solo guy should form a trio. They sound really good together.
    That was my exact thought as well. That might make an interesting dynamic to the battle rounds where the coach could say both could continue but only if they teamed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I wonder who else is gonna be stolen from Adam. His team was too strong from the start IMO.
    I don't think he needs to pair more strong people against strong people. He still has some fodder. The faux bluegrass team and Michael, for example. As long as he keeps the firefighter, he'll be good. I think the firefighter is going to go very far. He's a country singer and father from the south and has a very good voice. Add in Judith and Amber and Adam's got a really strong core. Blake always makes some headscratching cuts, so we might see some steals from his team. Also, they seem to be pitting similar types of singers against each other to main variety. Shakira is heavy in the Latina singers. She might pit some of them against each other with some steals being the result. Plus, she seems to make decisions based on sentiment, so I can see her making some questionable calls with people stealing the loser. And Usher is heavy in the R&B field, so he might cut some R&B singers that are stolen.

vCash
    This is the first season that I'be watched past the blind auditions. What happens after the battle rounds?

vCash
    My guess is that Blake already knows who he wants to take to the live shows (prob who he wants to back to win too) so he picked Taylor because he wants more fodder and because he has a soft spot for teens. I think Blake knows by now that if you want to win, you have to have just one or two standouts because otherwise your team will be splitting votes between each other and make the winning prospects more vulnerable to elimination.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I suspect Adam has a good idea as well, albeit, some singers really do pay attention during the mentoring sessions and do well in the battle and knock out rounds.

Shan, after the teams are cut in half during the battle rounds (from 12 to 6) but back up to 8 with 2 steals each, the knock out rounds begin which are live. Last season the survivors into the finals were based on itune downloads and votes regardless of team affiliation. I think 2 were cut each week, but previously, the teams competed against their own team mates so there was 1 from each team left in the final. Last fall Xtina ended up with no singers and Cee-Lo had two in the final round so it depends on which way the producers want to go as to what they'll do this time.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This!!!

vCash
    Judith is my favorite so far, but not everyone has the same tastes. I don't think it's a sure thing that Judith will win. (After all, Cassadee won last season, and you'll never convince me that she was the best singer they could have had win.) I think the firefighter will be very popular, but I don't think Adam would be stupid enough to cut him loose. And hopefully he won't come up with stupid song choices for him.

We still don't know what rules they have for the rest of the season. There is LOTS of room on this show for producer and judge manipulation. I hope they don't make it as obvious as they did last season because I didn't like feeling like Cassadee was being shoved down by throat and being told that the emperor had beautiful clothes. I also hope they cut back on the sob stories. Just let them sing, give them the correct songs to sing, and don't play games with the Itunes votes.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I'm rooting for Sarah Simmons and savannah berry, but am open to others. There really is a lot of talent here.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast