Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Just crushed over losing Karina and determined to vote for Sarah next week. Which is hilarious, I almost never vote on any show I watch.

Oh, Matry, there's a beautiful Pam Tillis song called "The River and the Highway." And one of the best BFF-telling-you songs ever, "Spilled Perfume."

Blake's not the only one with a country agenda.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Tonight was a first - all my favs got thru. I loved Karina but she has fallen short the last few times. She was amazing on It's A Man's World but she hasn't been very good since. And I would rather have Garrett than her. I am a lot more likely to buy his music IF he improves the way I think he can.

I find the Swon Brothers more entertaining than Justin but basically didn't care - I would have rather that Blake's team lost Holly than either. But I don't really care for country anyway. And I didn't much care which way Sarah/ Caroline or Josiah/Cathia went so I didn't care about those saves at all. I like the way the teams have shaped.

vCash
    I'm pleasantly surprised that the voters seem to be keeping the spirit of the show. Those voted thru had the best pitch and control. I'd swap Blake's and Shakira's saves, but I think this is a pretty good final dozen.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    See, this is the problem that I've had since S1 of The Voice. that first season, the mentors worked really well with their singers to emphasize who they already were, instead of trying to "transform" them into something more marketable. One of the best moments was Xtina's duet of "Beautiful" with Beverly - who is pretty much the anti-Aguilera in both voice and image. Now, singers are pushed into performances that work against their style (Sarah) and what makes them stand out is tempered for mass appeal. To me, that tactic completely undermines what the show was allegedly about (the voice, not the packaging). Given the surprising popularity of the show, and the fact that the most commercial finalist won, the show has changed gears a bit and now I barely care about the show or the singers.
    I've been pondering this for a bit. (My life is so exciting! ) I think you are completely right and the most obvious example of this was Jordis. They tried to so hard to mold her into some glamorous pop princess that just wasn't her, and it completely showed when her nerves caught up to her. Too bad she wasn't on the first season.

And now I think AI is getting caught up in the "package artist" crap as well, though it's probably been going on for awhile, just not as obviously. (see: Carly Smithson taming down her image in Season 7)

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Thank you for all the posts about being about Garrett being picked over Karina. I missed the show last night and just checked Wikipedia and I can't belong Shakira's choice.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I've been pondering this for a bit. (My life is so exciting! ) I think you are completely right and the most obvious example of this was Jordis. They tried to so hard to mold her into some glamorous pop princess that just wasn't her, and it completely showed when her nerves caught up to her. Too bad she wasn't on the first season.

And now I think AI is getting caught up in the "package artist" crap as well, though it's probably been going on for awhile, just not as obviously. (see: Carly Smithson taming down her image in Season 7)
    Have you listened to Carly's music since then? She fronts a band called We Are The Fallen. I think they are really good - I love their rock sound. She reminds me of Ann Wilson

vCash
    I've seen them in concert They toured with Finnish metal band HIM a couple years ago.

vCash
    LOVE the AC being out and Carson getting a little pissy with Usher. All he wanted to talk about was the sprinklers

ETA: If I saw that at Howl at the Moon, I'd love it. I'd be singing along with it, flagging down shot girls, and saying, wow, he should be on The Voice. But for it being on an actual competition, it was a little flat. When Usher did it, it was awesome, but Vedo doesn't have the attitude to carry it off. He's a good dancer and singer, but he's missing charisma.
    Last edited by Matryeshka; 05-14-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This night has so much potential for judge snarkiness if they don't get the a/c going soon! I feel bad for everyone but I'm cracking up at the same time and hoping they don't get it fixed for a while. Hope that doesn't make me a bad person but I like the extra stress it adds to the performers and judges. Give me the drama!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Vedo seems like a nice guy, but he's like a lot of other talented nice guys. However, I think he'll survive till next week. Holly taking on a Martina song. You've got to have the chops to come close to Martina.

I'm glad it's bottom two eliminations regardless of team. I just hope they don't do the bonus point thing and let each week determine the winner without extra points.

Crap. Garrett was OK. Sort of. I want Josiah to be better and he most likely won't be. Depends on which girls vote for which cute pop star.
    Last edited by rfisher; 05-14-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    For a country song, there was a helluva lot of screeching going on.

Now for the important stuff: The bottom half of her outfit is amazing, and she has great legs and a great strut. I have no idea what's going on with the top, the thing in the hair, and make-up is way too old for her.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    This Backstreet Boys song could've been epic, like when Marty Casey did Britney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time" on Rock Star.

But it pretty much just sucked.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Alert. Usher is getting nekked. He's in fine shape for the boxing movie. Maybe Adam will get nekked next.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I really liked Sarah tonight! That song was perfect for her and I thought she did a fantastic job.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Now, I'm sitting here bawling thinking about George.
    Sasha can give lessons on how to hit the high notes without screeching. I so hope she gets some opportunities out of this show. She is an amazing singer.

Danielle is a talented kidlet. She has country star written all over her cute little face. Miranda needs to add her to the Pistoll Annies except it's a little squeeee to think of a 17 yo singing the songs they sing.
    Last edited by rfisher; 05-14-2013 at 02:27 AM.

vCash
    I get why Shakira picked Alone for Sasha and Backstreet Boys for Garrett, but neither worked for me. Alone is one of my favorite songs of all time; there's such a mounting need as the song goes on. When Anne Wilson sang it, you just heard her heartbreak and desperation. There's a difference between theatrics and drama and emotion. But I'll still vote for Sasha.

Josiah's doing better than expected--I expect that will knock Garrett out.

vCash
    Of everyone tonight, I liked the Swon Brothers the best so far. That was a really good cover of George Jones. Of Blake's 'country' team, they're probably the most authentic.

Shakira's jacket is just freaking fabulous.

Holly was off key too much, Garrett should have never made it past blinds, Sasha screamed too much, and I freaking hate Sarah and her awful wardrobe and screeching. Vedo bores me. And no one can touch "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" except Xenia, but Josiah wasn't bad.

I want the AC to be off every week. Maybe the skybox will melt and Christina will tumble into a tweet. And cranky judges rock. If we had our normal 4, XTina would be selling fans to the panel and Cee Lo would be a puddle.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Judith is so freakin good.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Judith Hill is just freaking amazing. She's beautiful. She's a fantastic singer. I don't care who wins because there are many worthy singers this season, but like Sasha, I hope this show helps her get to where she wants to be.

vCash
    Danielle hit it out of the park, and Judith's hit a three-base run. Second hour just skyrocketed in quality.

I don't like Danielle, but I feel like I have to vote for her since it is The Voice. If I were to actually vote.

So far for me, the top three have been Danielle, Judith, and Josiah. Waiting to see if Amber can knock Josiah out. I thought Sarah was good but forgettable and that's a crime against good songwriting.

Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast