Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Blake Shelton is sweating like Lindsay Lohan at a bail hearing.
    He's sweating off his 'special latte'. I would have paid to watch them take on his duet with XTina "Just a Fool".

vCash
    Well, that just saved the Swon Brothers. I couldn't wait for that to be over.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I think I preferred this Alabama guy to the Swon brothers. But I'm more familiar with his song and I find the Swon brothers more zzzzzzz.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    No, I think the Swon bros are toast. If nothing else, Blake's awful song choice did them in.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Danielle looks like Lindsey Lohan circa Freaky Friday. But she sounds a lot better than Lohan ever did.

vCash
    Great job from Danielle. I think Blake liked it too.

vCash
    I've actually heard of this song! Not a huge fan of Danielle, but she owned that song. Blake hosed the male members of his team.

Can we kick off the Swon bros and that other guy and keep all of Shakira's team?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Being 'one of the most important artists to have ever been on the voice' is like being one of 64 crayons in a box.

But, she was good. I'm shocked.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I find it extremely difficult to believe this is only the 4th time this girl has performed in public. Her parent's must have chained her to a piano for years before that audition if it's really true.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I find it extremely difficult to believe this is only the 4th time this girl has performed in public. Her parent's must have chained her to a piano for years before that audition if it's really true.
    A quick youtube search shows that it's not. I think what happened was that in her audition, she said it was her first "big performance" (which is true). But Shakira said that it was her 3rd performance ever the last time, and now the producers (and Danielle) are playing up this angle.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Sasha needs to learn the Shakira booty shake. I don't care who wins, but I want a sing off between Sasha and Judith.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Damn, Sasha needs to win this competition. Definitely saved the best for last.

vCash
    Sorry, didn't like Sasha's screaming parts. I thought something was hurting her. It wasn't bad to start, but eh.

vCash
    Danielle? No, she's been lying about that. If she's going to lie, she should take down the online videos of her singing at festivals and maybe The Voice website shouldn't say that her first performance was at a church festival.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    "How Do I Live" was a great choice. I'm not sure how many people know this song or will relate to it.
    Yeah, it was great when LeAnn sang it. I thought this was a decent cover.

I thought Danielle did a great job until she was followed by Sasha. That is how a WOMAN sings. IMO that was the best rendition of "Oh Darlin'" I've ever heard. She still needs to loosen up a bit but she sounded great & she looked smokin'.

I thought tonight's breakout surprises were Kris & Justin. I did hear the shaky in Kris's voice but it was still beautiful. And I actually thought Justin was fodder until tonight.

I like Garrett but I think he's going home on Shakira's team & I think it will be either Holly or the Swon Brothers on Blake's. Adam will probably send home Caroline & Usher should dump Josiah or Cathia.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Tonight was SO MUCH BETTER than last night!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Me like Judith, Michelle, Vedo, Kris, Sasha, Karina, and Justin. Michelle's my fave.

vCash
    My thoughts:

Garrett – I don’t think this was the right song. I’d send him home, but I’m not sure Shakira will.

Holly – I thought she was boring and didn’t blow me away with her singing. The talk about her looks was uncomfortable and patronizing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blake sent her home in order to reduce the competition amongst blonde country singers and help ensure that Danielle goes up against Amber and carries out the script for the season of Adam taking on Blake with a country singer. They had that set up from the beginning with the two of them talking about that during the blind auditions and Amber not auditioning until Blake’s team was full. (This season’s Idol has made me more cynical than ever when it comes to these “reality” singing shows. But I’ll be surprised if Amber and Danielle don’t make it to the final group.)

Kris – He had a few shaky moments, but overall I thought he did a good job, though he didn’t make it his own.

The Swon Bros – Maybe if I were a country fan I’d feel differently, but they just seem so generic and like they’re destined to be a cover band. It’s either them or Holly going home tomorrow.

Karina – I didn’t care for the song choice, but I thought she did a good job with it.

Justin – I think he’s a weak singer. Nothing special, even though Blake insists that he is. I really wish Warren had gone with Blake. Warren was so much better. I’m sure Blake will keep him.

Danielle – She definitely has some talent, but her singing is not my cup of tea and her phrasing seems pretty disconnected to the song at times. But, I think she’s phony and dishonest and she rubs me the wrong way. Blake is getting increasingly annoying, too. I think he’s kind of checked out and is just promoting the teen girl the same way he was over the top in his praise of Cassadee last season. I’m kind of tired of the Blake B.S.. I’m fine with him taking next season off.

Sasha – I think she rocked it. Stoooopid Adam.

vCash
    Agree with you re Blake. He is starting to look like a buffoon to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Agree with you re Blake. He is starting to look like a buffoon to me.
    wonder what was in that Starbucks cup?
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast