Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Since I've never watched it regularly until this season, I'll take your word for it. Rather to see what happens, actually, I'm enjoying this in a way I haven't liked Idol since Adam's season.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I believe that she's 45.

oh! i guess it is sunny where she lives

either way, that's older for reality tv so go shawna!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    oh! i guess it is sunny where she lives

either way, that's older for reality tv so go shawna!
    That and playing bars for the past 25 years.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I had the same impression mlp did. And I am over 55...

Actually I missed Shawna's battle and watched it today on nbc.com. Eh. I think there must be more talented middle-aged ladies out there.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Question: what happens if the last battle is over and a judge still has a steal left? Can he/she steal from any of the prior performers, or must he/she default to the contestent eliminated in the last battle?

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Question: what happens if the last battle is over and a judge still has a steal left? Can he/she steal from any of the prior performers, or must he/she default to the contestent eliminated in the last battle?
    I wonder if they aired the performances in a different order from which they actually occurred.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure the battles are not aired in correct order. I think the judges know what the pairings are and have a general idea of who they want, and pace themselves accordingly. I'm sure that if they got to the end and they still had a steal then they would steal out of necessity. The real question would be what would happen if TWO judges had steals left by the last battle.

I know that in the first season of Blind Auditions, a couple judges hadn't filled their teams by the time all the contestants were put through, so a couple of the earlier ones were re-auditioned for a second chance. I'm pretty sure they've fixed that since then by having faaar more contestants waiting to audition then there are possible slots so it's very unlikely for the judges to run out of choices.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Or if a judge still had a steal and the only battle left was his own team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I'm pretty sure the battles are not aired in correct order. I think the judges know what the pairings are and have a general idea of who they want, and pace themselves accordingly. I'm sure that if they got to the end and they still had a steal then they would steal out of necessity. The real question would be what would happen if TWO judges had steals left by the last battle.

I know that in the first season of Blind Auditions, a couple judges hadn't filled their teams by the time all the contestants were put through, so a couple of the earlier ones were re-auditioned for a second chance. I'm pretty sure they've fixed that since then by having faaar more contestants waiting to audition then there are possible slots so it's very unlikely for the judges to run out of choices.
    What happens if the judges teams have already filled up before all the contestants have performed?
    Last edited by moebius; 04-26-2013 at 05:17 AM.

vCash
    Then the contestants go home without an audition. Nobody is guaranteed a chance to perform in front of the judges....the producers make sure the ones they like the best go towards the top and leave some extras at the bottom. If they don't get to go on, tough.

vCash
    Me wanted to see nerdy girl. I think there were some contestants that were eliminated, but were never shown performing fully either in the blind auditions or in the battle rounds. I think all the contestants that made it through the blind auditions should be shown fully at least once before getting eliminated.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Unless they totally tank, I'm betting Adam will go with Midas Whale as one of his four for the live rounds. Amber is OK, but there are a lot of good female singers this season. Clearly, I was wrong. I think that was a mistake on his part. She won't win.

Garett vs Tanya (Is she one of the singers who was chacked during both previous rounds? I don't remember her at all). Tanya singing a Miranda Lambert song. Shakira takes the blame for the song. Blake just cracks me up. I could have gone either way, but Garrett really has improved.
    Last edited by rfisher; 04-30-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I thought Amber was better than OK.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I'm not surprised he kept Amber, but Midas Whale got some good promo for the indie folk kind of music they play, and hopefully they'll have a good season on the alternative festival circuit. Probably about 1/2 of my playlist is obscure artists from that genre- the internet makes it so easy to get great music.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Not a strong feeling about Garrett vs Tonya.

vCash
    I remember Amy Whitcomb from The Sing Off. I think she's talented. Caroline was just kind of there for me before, but I'm curious to see what she does with Little Talks because I LOVE that song
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Battles: Adam is dead to me. Midas might have been off, but ugh at Amber.

Shakira really likes Garrett.

Who is this screechy thing ruining House of the Rising Sun?

vCash
    That version of House of the Rising Sun hurt my ears.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    HOTRS should never, ever be screechy. Ever. I hated the arrangement, but I could forgive that. But not the screeching. Hopefully her opponent will make this a no-brainer for Adam. Adam did live longer for you than he usually does.

vCash
    I remember seeing Amy Whitcomb in the montages. Is the first performance that's been shown?

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast