Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Most of these battles were really predictable. Except the steals.

Vedo v. Jessica – I’m guessing that Usher picked “Locked Out of Heaven” with Vedo in mind, and I think he always was going to pick him. I prefer Jessica.

Monique v. Luke – I would have gone with Monique, too. I think this is another case where the coach knew going into it exactly who she was going to choose. Luke is good, but I’m surprised Blake was so into him.

Savannah v. Jacqui - No surprise here, either. It was pretty obvious Blake was going to go with the young girl who sings country and has a good voice.

C. Perkins v. Kris – I definitely liked Kris more. I wouldn’t have stolen C. I don’t think Usher is playing this game very well.

Midas Whale v. Patrick – Based on vocals, I would have chosen Karina. Then Patrick. But Midas Whale will bring variety and fun. I hope it doesn’t go over the edge to contrived and annoying.

Orlando v. Ryan – Weird pairing. I prefer Ryan. I was surprised, but pleased that Usher went with him.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    OMG. I can't believe you said BB King. That's a Bill Wither's classic. Glad Orlando got the steal.
    I am so
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm sorry that Val Kilmer (patrick) didn't get a steal.

Soooooo predictable that Blake would set up Jacqui and Lil Country Girl the way he did

I've only been watching sporadically, but the previews said something about Usher having a "shicking" steal, getting the producers involved. I figured he was going to steal his own artist out of the Orlando vs Ryan matchup, kinda disappointed he didn't.

The singers must haaaaaate seeing the mentors squirming and ing about how hard these decisions are for them, when the mentors are the ones who paired them (ok, maybe the producers set the pairs and the mentors are mere puppets at this point, but still - the overwrought drama on the part of the judges about decisionmaking is stupid)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Cougar Voice Shauna P would be fine if she'd just sing and forget the affections. Bonnie Raitt wouldn't do that nonsense. I want her to just sing.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Well crud, I watched the mentoring and then missed the performance. Do you think the right person won?

These last battle rounds must be tough since the steals are all but gone.

vCash
    I would have gone with Shauna myself.
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Adam's team is insanely talented. I hope the knockout rounds are by singer and not team again this year even if someone ends up with no singers. He has too many good singers.

And Shauna was the correct winner. She could do so well, but she needs some serious talking to and I don't think Shakira will do what she needs.

Gen, I think the mentors do have difficult choices when a singer they didn't expect to do well does. We've seen that before with singers that really seemed to be the fodder, but came out fighting in the battle round and nailed the performance.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    It'll be sad to see Duncan go, he's pretty, but Sarah for sure is insanely talented, for sure has to move on.
    Kyle

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I call Sarah vs Judith as a likely final. And they are on the same team!

vCash
    Sarah was great!

vCash
    I'm still not a fan of Sarah.

Not sure why we got the mini diva battle from the Shakira girls and then condensed the other battles. Were they THAT bad?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    BabyShakira Mary is really pretty and could be a Selena pop princess if managed right. I'd sign her if I was a producer.

This won't be a big shocker since Usher obviously takes the other BabyShakira. She may be the best on his team.
    Last edited by rfisher; 04-24-2013 at 02:01 AM.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I don't know Latin pop or Spanish. Cuban girl wins.

vCash
    I liked Mary better (She is the Cuban one, I think). I found Cathia somewhat off putting in the mentoring section.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it's cool that someone as old as shawna, esp a female, has lasted this long on this type of show. i dont know her age but im guessing she's about 55.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    aw, I only saw the very end, I wanted to see NerdyGirl kill it
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm just loving this season! If someone from Adam's team doesn't win the whole show I'll eat my shorts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    it's cool that someone as old as shawna, esp a female, has lasted this long on this type of show. i dont know her age but im guessing she's about 55.
    I believe that she's 45.

vCash
    I'm glad that someone older than 25 has an opportunity to show what they can do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    aw, I only saw the very end, I wanted to see NerdyGirl kill it
    She was chacked. They just showed a brief clip of her.

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I call Sarah vs Judith as a likely final. And they are on the same team!
    I think Adam might get behind Midas Whale, even though they don't have the talent or authenticity of Judith or Sarah. He's all about winning and he knows that Midas Whale came into the competition with people already planning to vote for them. So, just like with Tony Lucca, I think he'll back them.

Also, you can't count out all of Blake's country singers. He always get voting support for the singers he backs. Plus, even Adam's country singer, the firefighter, could end up doing well.

And we never know just how much the judges will screw with things based on who they back and what song choices they make.

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast