Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Starting from the beginning here. @ Shakira's 'English to Country' dictionary. Happy that Blake didn't turn around for country chick - too twangy and not real enough for me.

Pretty boys shouldn't sing Maroon 5 unless they have Adam's voice and the vocal gyrations were just too spastic.

Up to Idaho Whale - these eyebrows deserve a spot alone!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Half of the new music I've added to my playlist fits in the roots/alt/folk style that Midas Whale did really well. I would have picked them.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Not a fan of Oprah winner guy. It seemed all over the place.

vCash
    So glad they didn't turn, that was just bloody god awful. Pitchy all over the place
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The talent pool is deep this season. But, I don't want Judith Hill, Sarah and Midas Whale all on Adam's team. The battle round will be brutal.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I really enjoyed the last girl.

vCash
    Not a fan of the cocky Spanish singer. She's walking a fine line between 'I'm too good for the stage' and 'precocious'.

Adam got the good ones tonight - Sarah has a great voice, now she just needs a stylist. Think she dodged a bullet not going with Blake on the heels of Cassaaddee.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    How is Cassadee doing?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    He's prettier than Dez. I vote yes. And he's from AR. And he had the balls to sing a Maroon 5 song.
    I like his voice better than Dez's. It's got a nice quality to it. Actually, I prefer his voice to Adam's. I doubt he'll be one of my favorites, but I can see why he got chairs to turn for him.

Midas Whale is a good addition just because they add variety. I can't believe they had someone playing the accordion! I'm not sure Adam was the best team for them. They definitely aren't the best singers, so I think they'll get the cut from him pretty early.

I didn't think the Latina singer was all that great.

I hope they have the steal again because I don't think the best singers are going to be evenly distributed.
    Last edited by Allskate; 03-27-2013 at 04:12 AM.

vCash
    The guy in Midas Whale didn't actually play the accordian, he just held it. While they were singing I was picturing them heading up a Smothers Brothers-type TV show. Those guys are so funny & their harmony is great. I seldom like duos but I loved them.

vCash
    Some of these choices are surely "cannon fodder" for the battle rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    The guy in Midas Whale didn't actually play the accordian, he just held it. While they were singing I was picturing them heading up a Smothers Brothers-type TV show. Those guys are so funny & their harmony is great. I seldom like duos but I loved them.
    OK, I feel better now. I thought he didn't seem to be playing (at least until near the end) and couldn't figure out why he was holding it. I really enjoyed them -- I liked their version of Folsom Prison Blues better than Johnny Cash's. And they were funny.

I didn't get the Cathia love at all. And Tawnya's twang was painful. I don't think she's likely to make it through the battle rounds.

And I'd like to buy Sarah Simmons' audition song now -- need to check and see if it is on iTunes. Great textures to her voice. But as dbell1 says, she sure needs a stylist, and probably shouldn't be shopping at Forever 21.

vCash
    One of the men in Midas Whale is "pen salesman" Jon Peter Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    One of the men in Midas Whale is "pen salesman" Jon Peter Lewis.
    From Season 3 of American Idol (I missed that last night).

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I've been out this week, so I'm just catching up now. I saw Monday's episode but not Tues yet. So far I like Shakira even more than Christina. Usher isn't as entertaining as CeeLo, but he hasn't done anything to make me dislike him.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    So far I like Shakira even more than Christina.
    Me too. She's got a nice sense of humor. I'm looking forward to hearing her sing and watching her work with her team. I don't get the feeling like it is all about Shakira -- and that was definitely the feeling I had with Christina. (I wonder if it chaps her hide that Maroon 5 is now riding their third hit from their album.)

Except for Christina, I've always had the feeling that The Voice coaches valued really good singing more than knocking some other coach's artist, which is something the X Factor didn't ever manage to do.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i really like shakira too

usher reminds me of a troll doll
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    My daughter just showed me the youtube video by Noah- the original arrangement and performance of Sexy and I Know It. Apparently the guy did mention that he wasn't covering the song in an original way, but it didn't make the cut to the airing.

Now Noah has a killer voice.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I watched episode 2 and I have to say Usher is growing on me. He seems willing to take a chance on singers outside his own style, and he seems to be developing a nice relationship with Blake. Plus it may be Justin Bieber, but he has some experience developing a younger singer.

Adam definitely seems to be building the strongest team so far.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I am really late to the party. I've never seen the blind auditions before and only watched one episode of The Voice last year -- but this show is a lot of fun. The singers seem a lot more talented than the typical Idol aspirants and the judges are hilarious. I can't decide which of those three guys I like the best, to tell you the truth.

(They re-ran the first two episodes on NBC tonight. I'm sold. And I think Adam has the most talented lineup so far.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast