Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

vCash
    I didn't like her version of What A Girl Wants at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I didn't like her version of What A Girl Wants at all.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one, She has an amazing voice, but I wasn't a fan of that.
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Adam will totally push her for the win. She should be in the finals. This clip has been out for a couple of weeks. I hate it when the singers I like all pick the same coach because the format means they'll be cut. I haven't read if they will have the steal option again this season.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I don't particularly like What a Girl Wants in any form, but she was definitely the best of the night for me.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I really hope you're being sarcastic!
    Ambivalent. Best story- in the sense that she has a working background that millions of people would envy. Worst - in that instead of an amazing tour, she was part of one of the tragic stories of the music industry.

I feel a bit like she had her chance though.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't remember having so many sob stories on the Voice.
    They really stepped up the sob stories last season. It seemed like Cassadee was milking a sob story every week. I'm in the "just say no to sob stories" camp. I do think people vote based on them, but at least contestants can't get past the blind audition just based on a backstory. So, hopefully no Lazaros on The Voice.

vCash
    Of the lot, I think I liked falsetto guy the best. Not a fan of show closer. - too much concentration on technique and no connection to the song. We'll see how far she gets when the fans start voting. Wonder what twists they'll toss at us this year?

Love Shakira - have since Maria B. skated to "Eyes Like Yours". Laundry Service was in heavy rotation in my house for years and I still pull it out when I want to mangle Spanish singing in the car. Usher can go now.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I stopped watching after week 1 last season because of the sob stories, the mainstream-ization of the contestants/voices, and how the fake-y sniping and Adam/Blake bromance became so forced and formulaic. I was hoping some new judges would shake things up a bit, but Shakira and Usher definitely got the memo about How Judges Must Behave.

The Lindsay Lohan (pre-meltdown) looking country girl was so not turnworthy. Jess started strong but ended weird. Usher was trying to give her away The doublemint twins ... I can't believe one of them is a therapist nice harmonies but so so voices.

The only people I liked tonight were the LMFAO guy (and he made the right choice in picking Blake, who does well with non-traditional singers), high harmony guy (but this was NOT the first time the judges have thought a guy contestant was a chick, so stop pretending this is the most mind blowing thing EVARRRR, show) and the Michael Jackson chick.

Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Ambivalent. Best story- in the sense that she has a working background that millions of people would envy. Worst - in that instead of an amazing tour, she was part of one of the tragic stories of the music industry.
    I don't see how any part of her story could be considered the "worst" after Dying Cancer Mom and Dead Twins
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I don't see how any part of her story could be considered the "worst" after Dying Cancer Mom and Dead Twins
    Especially since they showed the son putting Dying Cancer Mom to bed. That was so over the top and exploitative. Ick. Preacher's son/alcoholic guy must have thought he had a good sob story until he saw the others.

For some reason I didn't mind the Asian country singer's adoption story as much. Maybe because she didn't seem like she was exploiting it as much. She seemed more mature than fifteen. I actually like her better than the Taylor Swift wannabe, but she wasn't ready.

The Michael Jackson backup singer (who said that she didn't want to exploit his death, while doing a puff piece exploiting his death) was a very good singer, but I didn't like that arrangement and I'm not sure I'm going to like what she does with songs. Adam continues to be a great salesman. What makes him even better is that everyone should know by now that he tells all the contestants that they're the greatest and he's going to help them win and just has to have them. And yet they still buy it.

vCash
    I didn't mid the sob stories that much. What I will mind is if the producers remind us overand over and over.
    All in all, last night was good. Better than DWTS.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Well so far there are some pretty decent singers. Looks like I'll keep watching this season

vCash
    Justin Bieber - drink!

vCash
    It looks like we have this season's Dez Duron coming up! Usher I will forever hate you for unleashing the untalented hack on the world that is Bieber...
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    He's prettier than Dez. I vote yes. And he's from AR. And he had the balls to sing a Maroon 5 song.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Gotta love Shakira He is pretty but he doesn't have the strongest voice.
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    usher likes pretty boys
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Oh good lawd... JPL is back! It's the pen salesman from Idol season 3!

ETA - Really Usher? This is cringe worthy!
    Kyle

vCash
    Just getting here. I got stuck on Splash (what the heck is that show???) for a minute.

Here in time for the Midas ____??

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Midas Whale. OMG I'm in love. Just for their name alone. Mumford and Sons are hot now and they could do well with exposure.

vCash
    Two Idaho boys conversing in perfect Spanish with Shakira was all kinds of awesome.
    Kyle

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast