Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post

Of course I love Matt Smith so much that anyone would have been a disappointment. I'm honestly not sure that I'll even be able watch the Christmas Special. Maybe just say my goodbyes now and not even watch this fall.
    Well my niece and nephew were heartbroken when Tennant left and swore they would never watch Dr Who again. They watched Matt Smith's first episode and loved him. My niece still thinks Tennant was the better Dr but my nephew now prefers Smith. So all I can say is give the new Dr a chance - you never know how it will go!!

vCash
    I think all the doctors have their flaws and own identities.
    Chris Ecleston was a very serious doctor. A mad scientist, a bit dark, funny at times but I loved him because he was "serious".
    Ten. What can I say ? It took me a whole year to love him, but like Rose, I fell for him and hard He was the emotionnal doctor, whose companions all were in love with him.
    Matt brought back fun and happiness. He was the clumsy funny doctor. Too young to really think about it twice, but still a very strong doctor.

Considering all that he's done before, I hope we'll go more the Chris nine's way. A funny sarcastic doctor, a serious one at that. We'll see but at least I like that choice

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Well my niece and nephew were heartbroken when Tennant left and swore they would never watch Dr Who again. They watched Matt Smith's first episode and loved him. My niece still thinks Tennant was the better Dr but my nephew now prefers Smith. So all I can say is give the new Dr a chance - you never know how it will go!!
    I had the same reaction to Tennant leaving as your niece and nephew so there's a good chance I'll wind up liking the new one, but I like Matt Smith about eleventy billion times more than Tennant so Capaldi really has his work cut out for him.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Well, I still haven't gotten over my devastation at the end of The Caves of Androzani; I cried for days. However, I kept on watching.

Back to the present: loved Tennant, could take or leave Smith (but think that had more to do with the plotlines than Smith) and absolutely hated Eccleston. Eccleston is my last place doctor in any ranking list I make.

Adore Capaldi, especially his work in Prime Suspect 3. I hope he takes this role and just runs with it.

vCash
    I still haven't watched any of season 7, but I'm watching repeats of 5 and I had forgotten how epic that first episode was!

I wonder if having such an age gap between Smith and Capaldi will hurt the show in terms of viewership... I watched an episode of "The Thick of it" recently and I really liked one of the actors, can't remember who, I hope it was Capaldi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I wonder if having such an age gap between Smith and Capaldi will hurt the show in terms of viewership... I watched an episode of "The Thick of it" recently and I really liked one of the actors, can't remember who, I hope it was Capaldi.
    It is very difficult to actually "like" Capaldi in The Thick of It, because of the formidable character he is playing. However, IMO it is impossible for any actor to put more into a role or contribute more to a series than Capaldi has done with his Malcolm Tucker character. A total legend. I am completely in awe of his creativity, his energy and his versatility, all of which will make a great doctor IMO.

Like emason, I admired Capaldi's role in Prime Suspect as the transvestite Vera. He was also great as the obsessive-compulsive head of news Randall what's his name in "The Hour" and as King Charles I in"The devil's Whore". He can be very funny, and when he plays a tragic scene he can shake you like a ragged doll. So IMO he is an actor of the quality of David Tennant rather than of Matt Smith, although Matt Smith improved through the years and I loved his warmth and quirkiness.

Anyway, can't wait.

vCash
    Twitter:

CultBox ‏@CultBoxTV 20m
    'Doctor Who' Series 8 begins filming in January 2014, confirms Jenna Coleman - http://ow.ly/nM5XN

Afterlife
    vCash
    But that's so far away. I miss when we knew when the show was airing.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567