Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    Matt Smith will leave Doctor Who after this year's Christmas Special.

I can't say I'm particularly affected by Matt leaving, I'm mostly just eager/curious/apprehensive about who'll be the Twelfth Doctor. I'm hoping for some slightly older bloke, 30+ at least - or just someone who doesn't act like a kid who's just drained a sixpack of Redbull. A female Doctor could be awesome too, buuut perhaps not with the current set of writers...

Thoughts? Feels?
    I'm sad. Matt Smith was my first Doctor and I was really hoping he'd stick around for 1 more season. On the other hand I am looking forward to seeing who they cast as 12. And I hope they work as well with Jenna-Louise Coleman as Matt Smith does/did.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Very sad that Matt Smith is leaving. Was hoping tht he would carry on for at least another series.

Colin Morgan of Merlin fame would an excellent replacement as the 12th Doctor.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I wasn't sure what I thought of him when he started, but he really grew on me. I'm sorry to see him go, but am interested to see who they cast.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I want the valeyard!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    Matt Smith will leave Doctor Who after this year's Christmas Special.

I can't say I'm particularly affected by Matt leaving, I'm mostly just eager/curious/apprehensive about who'll be the Twelfth Doctor. I'm hoping for some slightly older bloke, 30+ at least - or just someone who doesn't act like a kid who's just drained a sixpack of Redbull. A female Doctor could be awesome too, buuut perhaps not with the current set of writers...

Thoughts? Feels?
    I can't stand Smith - you nailed it with the kid and Redbull comment - hope they go a bit older and less skeletal and spastic. Can Smith take Clara with him? One more 'clever boy' comment and I'll start tossing sonic hammers at my screen.

Son has me now hooked on the show and we've been having a Netflix mini marathon most weeknights. We started with the Eccleston reboot and Rose (the 'chav' who grew on me and made me cry when she left). Eccleston was pretty much perfection in my eyes, but I love Tennant in the role. Now in the middle of season 3. It's lots of fun.

vCash
    Well, I like Mr. Red Bull, and I'll miss him. Hope they get someone really good to follow up.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I didn't love Eleven, but I think Matt Smith has often been far better than the material he's been given. I wish it was Moffat leaving instead. I'd like to see what Smith could do under a better show runner.

I hope the next doctor is older. My choices would be Kenneth Branagh or Damien Lewis, but I know that's just a delusion I'm gonna have to give up on.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I didn't love Eleven, but I think Matt Smith has often been far better than the material he's been given. I wish it was Moffat leaving instead. I'd like to see what Smith could do under a better show runner.

I hope the next doctor is older. My choices would be Kenneth Branagh or Damien Lewis, but I know that's just a delusion I'm gonna have to give up on.
    I would love if Bill Nighy could play the Doctor. But he's probably to big for it. At least in the UK. I don't know how well known he is in North America. I've realised that due to my obsession with British shows I know a lot of actors the most people don't.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Well, older would be good, but look how that idea turned out last time! I like Smith.

One thing for sure, the secrecy surrounding the "Doctor Hunt" will be tight, and the odds-makers are already having a field day I'm sure.

Male or Female? Young or Old? White or Black? British or Am.... that will NEVER happen - thank GAWD!

vCash
    See, I'm pretty sure the next Doctor has already been cast...the hassle of holding auditions in secret is far less than trying to hold auditions in secret while everyone is trying to ferret you out. :p Moffat and Smith have been extremely gung-ho about Matt's involvement in the next season (I think at one point they were calling him confirmed, etc.). If the only proof we have that 12 hasn't been cast yet is because Moffat said so, I would remind you all that Moffat lies. all. the. time.

So yeah, pretty sure the 12th Doctor is already safely ensconced away with his contract, or at least has already done the groundwork for being cast and production is just waiting on a few things before they finalize it.

vCash
    I have mixed feelings about this. I think Smith is one of the reasons I've been disappointed in the Doctor episodes this series, because I think it was difficult to get that emotionally attached to him. I mean, in the Amy years, I got attached to Rory and considered him the heart of the show. But I also think that the writing has really let Doctor Who down in general. Too many loose ends, too much timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff. I think the show has really suffered under Moffat. He can write a great episode but as a show runner he's been a disappointment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Very sad that Matt Smith is leaving. Was hoping tht he would carry on for at least another series.

Colin Morgan of Merlin fame would an excellent replacement as the 12th Doctor.
    Coln was in 'midnight' season 4 so I know the producers are fans.

vCash
    My vote goes to Eddie Redmayne or Patrick stewart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I can't stand Smith - you nailed it with the kid and Redbull comment - hope they go a bit older and less skeletal and spastic. Can Smith take Clara with him? One more 'clever boy' comment and I'll start tossing sonic hammers at my screen.

Son has me now hooked on the show and we've been having a Netflix mini marathon most weeknights. We started with the Eccleston reboot and Rose (the 'chav' who grew on me and made me cry when she left). Eccleston was pretty much perfection in my eyes, but I love Tennant in the role. Now in the middle of season 3. It's lots of fun.
    Have you seen 'Blink' yet? Best episode ever. It even features Carey Mulligan from the Great Gatsby.

I miss episodes like blink, girl in the fireplace and family stone. Ready for Smith to move on and he can take Clara with him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Well, older would be good, but look how that idea turned out last time!
    I'm pretty new to this. How did it turn out?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Have you seen 'Blink' yet? Best episode ever. It even features Carey Mulligan from the Great Gatsby.

I miss episodes like blink, girl in the fireplace and family stone. Ready for Smith to move on and he can take Clara with him
    Loved Blink. Tonight we watched the end of season 3 and Martha going. Glad it was her choice and they didn't do a 'Rose' to her. Totally floored that Jack winds up being "The Face of Boe"! Did NOT see that coming.

And I have a soft spot for the weeping angels. Poor things are stuck outside museums and can't move. Then again, they are responsible for us losing Pond and Rory, so that might fade.

Confession time, after a post on here, I made my son show me "Find Her" and then I HATED the freaking show based on that episode. Then he asked me to watch a 'good' episode (The Girl in the Fireplace), but it took me some time to come around to binge watching. Now, however, I love it! We've even watched 2 Torchwood shows to get ready for the season 3 finale.

vCash
    poths, do you mean the Family of Blood? If so, I love the whole Human Nature/Family of Blood episodes and together with Blink, they are my favorite Doctor Who episodes. In fact, the whole end of the third series was fantastic to me. I think Blink was written by Moffat (as was The Girl in the Fireplace), which makes my disappointment with the way he's run the show even deeper.

vCash
    I will never get the love for 'The Girl in The Fireplace'. Everyone, esp. Ten, was soooo out of character in that eppie that I can't focus on anything else.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm pretty new to this. How did it turn out?
    Not the person you were talking too, I hope they don't mind. When they were casting for the Eleventh Doctor they were looking for someone a bit older. Bill Nighy and David Walliams were considered front runners at one point. But after Matt Smith tried to audition for Watson on Sherlock they had him audition for the Doctor and they thought he was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I will never get the love for 'The Girl in The Fireplace'. Everyone, esp. Ten, was soooo out of character in that eppie that I can't focus on anything else.
    I have a hard time with The Girl in the Fireplace as well. After the awesomeness of The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances I had been expecting more. But TGitF feels so out of place in the season and especially with the Doctor and Rose.
    Blink was definitely Moffats best though. I too have been very disappointed with how he's run the show. I hope when he leaves they can get back to a regular airing schedule again too. It is getting very irritating never knowing when the new episodes are going to air. I was ok with season 6 being split, it worked. But they having a substandard Christmas special and making us wait 8 more months for 5 episodes was ridiculous.

vCash
    The current doctor is the hottest one yet. Meow!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast