Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

Doctor Who, season 7.5

The Doctor returns on Saturday, along with (I'm assuming) some iteration of Clara / Oswin.

Who else is excited?

I actually dumped my upper-tier cable channels a couple of months ago, but thankfully can still watch online. And Space in Canada is really good about making stuff available right away.

BTW, there's a neat little prequel teaser if you're interested. The Bells of St John Prequel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    The Doctor returns on Saturday, along with (I'm assuming) some iteration of Clara / Oswin.

Who else is excited? ]
    ME ME! ME! Like you didn't know that.

This whole 50th anniversary year has me very excited. BBC America is doing a special a month for all of the Doctors, "The Doctors Revisited". So far we've had 1 and 2. They talk about the show an the Doctor, and have various folks talikng about them - including former companions - and then show a story. So 1 was the Aztecs and 2 was Tomb of the Cybermen. I think that one can find parts of it on You Tube.

vCash
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Can't wait.

Afterlife
    vCash
    Bah sorry, I missed this thread and bumped the old one. I am super excited! I'm even off work Saturday so I can actually watch it on time for once.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    **raises hand** Doctor Who is the only reason I pay for BBC America, otherwise known as the Top Gear channel.

Can't wait to see what Oswin has in store for us. I like her - she's smart and spunky.

vCash
    Entertainment Weekly has an article about which episodes newbies should watch first.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/25/do...-matt-smith-3/

vCash
    Oooh, goodie, I discovered last night that I have "The Snowmen" still on my DVR. Guess what I'm watching on Saturday afternoon?

I wonder if the apparent timelessness of Clara will be revealed in "The Bells of St John," or if Moffat will string the mystery out over the rest of the season?

Coincidentally, I'm reading a novel right now that features as one of its themes the concept of the Zen "time being" -- not someone who is timeless or near-imortal, but rather who exists entirely in the present, in the now. Mix that with Doctor Who and you get some very wibbly-wobbly stuff!

vCash
    Can't wait even though I am sick of Matt Smith. It's like crack, you can't stop.

The baby is surely excited. See, he dances when he hears the theme song. (He also dances with skating if I show it to him on Youtube. Raisin' this kid right!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    ME ME! ME! Like you didn't know that.

This whole 50th anniversary year has me very excited.
    Well, just in case you're interested the actors were given their scripts for the 50th anniversary special last week (Matt Smith interview). It's apparently being filmed in 3D. It's a huge finale episode according to the main actors, with a secret revealed.

Royal Mail/Post Office stamps 50th anniversary collection:

http://www.postofficeshop.co.uk/IWCa...ection_Id=5317
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The baby is surely excited. See, he dances when he hears the theme song. (He also dances with skating if I show it to him on Youtube. Raisin' this kid right!)
    Awww.. that is adorable! Good work mom!

Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Well, just in case you're interested the actors were given their scripts for the 50th anniversary special last week (Matt Smith interview). It's apparently being filmed in 3D. It's a huge finale episode according to the main actors, with a secret revealed.
    I saw that. I don't really care about the 3-D part, but I hope the rest will be good. I'm now going to try to ignore it all because I don't want my expectations to be too high. What I really want is a multi-doctor episode. What I really, really want is a multi-doctor episode with Doctor #8 Paul McGann.

vCash
    Again, if anyone is in the So. cal area on friday, Wondercon is screening Bells of St. John a day early, as well as a new show, Orphan Black.

vCash
    I'm glad it's back!
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    I've just caught up with the last series of DW, and I've got me a Hola Unblocker, so I'll be watching the new ep on BBCiPlayer come Sunday!

I still don't like Smith as much as I liked Tennant and Eccleston, but I'm fascinated by how brutal he is, despite his childlike and quirky (and sometimes annoying) antics. I'm hoping to see more of that darker side in series 7b, though I may be the only one.

vCash
    Guess I'd better get around to watching the Christmas special, huh?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    I still don't like Smith as much as I liked Tennant and Eccleston, but I'm fascinated by how brutal he is, despite his childlike and quirky (and sometimes annoying) antics. I'm hoping to see more of that darker side in series 7b, though I may be the only one.
    I got a bit tired of Tennant's Doctor, but I think that had more to do with the way he was scripted.

I do, however, love Smith's Doctor for the very reason you do. He can be dark, and I think that the best Doctors have that dark edge. It's really no surprise that Smith's Doctor is the way he is, since it is widely known that he based his Doctor after Troughton's after seeing "Tomb of the Cybermen".

I was also a fan of McCoy's Doctor, even though some ofthe scripts weren't so good. He was more than a little manipulative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post

I do, however, love Smith's Doctor for the very reason you do. He can be dark, and I think that the best Doctors have that dark edge. It's really no surprise that Smith's Doctor is the way he is, since it is widely known that he based his Doctor after Troughton's after seeing "Tomb of the Cybermen".

I was also a fan of McCoy's Doctor, even though some ofthe scripts weren't so good. He was more than a little manipulative.
    Not to mention that he's nearing the valeyard point

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Guess I'd better get around to watching the Christmas special, huh?
    You really should, it was quite good.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I need to start watching ye olde seasons of DW. I suppose they can be found on the internet somewhere, but I have too much stuff to do to go looking for them right now.

vCash
    So who all is confirmed to be in the 50th anniversary special? I heard David Tennant will be back, and Christopher Eccelston might be reappearing too. Any other old Doctors on board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    I need to start watching ye olde seasons of DW. I suppose they can be found on the internet somewhere, but I have too much stuff to do to go looking for them right now.
    A lot of them are available on DVD (and my library has them in their collection. have I mentioned today how much I love my library?). They've been releasing them in chunks ever since the series reboot in 2005. Some of them are less than perfect technically (and the classic Who always had a very low-budget look, part of its charm), but still a lot of fun to watch.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast