Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Some people just have too much free time on their hands.

Was this petition started by bek?

Not unless bek is Monica Friedlander. The "journalist" Monica Friedlander has been whining and bitching about IJS since at least 2008 and has her own blog about saving figure skating. In 2008 Monica was whinging about the death of the K&C because she had apparently had trouble counting and wanted her 6.0's back because math is too much for her pretty little head to grasp.

Honestly Monica (and you must read this forum) it's time to educate yourself and move forward. 6.0 is gone, deal with it and get over it. It's people like you that are ruining figure skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Some people just have too much free time on their hands.

Was this petition started by bek?
    No not at all... I didn't even know about it till right now...Hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Seriously. People may hate the whole 'second gold' for SLC, but at least there they had actual reasons to consider there was corrupted judging/collusion. (Ie, a judge having a couple breakdowns in front of witnesses.) There's no evidence at all any judges deliberately collaborated to "give" Chan the win, they used the scoring system as it stands and he came out first overall.
    Whats done is done in terms of marks. I find it hilarious though... I'm not the type to start petitions. And as for no evidence there was cheating, well did anyone even attempt to look for cheating. The little I know of Salt Lake is that some judged leaned very hard on that French judge to get her to break after if I understand. Maybe she's just crazy too who knows.

But Denis I doubt has powerful people on HIS side to do the same. I'm sorry I have a hard time thinking politics played absolutely no role in this. I suspect there was nothing abnormal about Salt Lake.

The sport could save itself a lot of heartache if it introduced mandatory deductions in P/E and further penalties on falls. Given how subjective this sport is....Not having these things and results like Chan's win hurts its credibility.
    Last edited by bek; 03-26-2013 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    The result isn't automatically unfair just because many people were not happy with it......the system is flawed in that it tries to both reward technical content and risk, while also rewarding quality. They don't penalize mistakes enough because they don't want 2010 all over again where safe performances win the gold. Now flawed performances are winning gold so I'm sure revisions will follow. It was the rules and the system that allowed Patrick to win, not politics.

I'm sorry though, but it is absolutely a crock of shit that people just label the result as "politically determined" or "a judging controversy". I will not be signing this petition.

In the end I just feel bad for Patrick. If any of you guys actually knew anything about him, you'd know that he doesn't drink up the results and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. He feels he's the skater that everyone hates, and all he wants to do is have people appreciate his skating (which he obviously works really hard at). Instead, he's almost unanimously hated for results which he has no control over. Try doing what you love and trying to be the best YOU can be and having the entire skating world hate you because you skate, and just so happen to achieve results which many deem unfair.

Poor guy. I'm not a fan/uber, but I feel really bad for the guy. I simply appreciate his skating and empathize with the situation he's thrown into. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute will ya? FYI I know one of his trainers whom he works with on a weekly basis.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    WOW
    people are actually that pissed off about this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    The result isn't automatically unfair just because many people were not happy with it......the system is flawed in that it tries to both reward technical content and risk, while also rewarding quality. They don't penalize mistakes enough because they don't want 2010 all over again where safe performances win the gold. Now flawed performances are winning gold so I'm sure revisions will follow. It was the rules and the system that allowed Patrick to win, not politics.

I'm sorry though, but it is absolutely a crock of shit that people just label the result as "politically determined" or "a judging controversy". I will not be signing this petition.

In the end I just feel bad for Patrick. If any of you guys actually knew anything about him, you'd know that he doesn't drink up the results and think he's the best thing since sliced bread. He feels he's the skater that everyone hates, and all he wants to do is have people appreciate his skating (which he obviously works really hard at). Instead, he's almost unanimously hated for results which he has no control over. Try doing what you love and trying to be the best YOU can be and having the entire skating world hate you because you skate, and just so happen to achieve results which many deem unfair.

Poor guy. I'm not a fan/uber, but I feel really bad for the guy. I simply appreciate his skating and empathize with the situation he's thrown into. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute will ya? FYI I know one of his trainers whom he works with on a weekly basis.
    I don't blame Patrick for the results. But Patrick brings on some criticism when he makes comments like Denis made as many mistakes as him. He'd be better off saying I'm not the judges, than saying haha my competition must be kicking themself, and they made as many mess ups as me. What he said about Denis was frankly not true.

Still though you feel sorry for Patrick, what about the other skaters. When Patrick's consistently winning with all of these mistakes, what does it tell the other skaters? It tells them why bother showing up.

Still though the ISU brings these questions on themselves, because other skaters I'm sorry get hit much harder on PCS when they mess up. That's the problem. Why does Dai get hit about 5 points and Chan only 3? Its hard for me to cynically think politics played absolutely no role in this one. I don't buy it. The sport has to much history of playing political games.

Patrick though shouldn't be asked to defend the judging.

And at this point while I won't sign it because the results were made. If fans don't speak up it won't change.

vCash
    Poor guy. I'm not a fan/uber, but I feel really bad for the guy. I simply appreciate his skating and empathize with the situation he's thrown into. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute will ya?
    I am a fan, not an uber fan though, but I feel sorry for the guy. I was in the arena for the long program and groaned when the final results came up. I knew all this would happen.

vCash

Award a Gold Medal to Denis Ten for his Performance at the 2013 World Figure Sk

This.
    I am no saint, but I really, really try to reserve judgement of people and situations etc. because we honestly never know how we would act in those same ones until we are "in their shoes". And we would probably all act quite differently anyway......even surprising ourselves sometimes. I can't even begin to imagine what a sports star or famous actor or singer goes through in their daily life.

vCash
    I hope ISU release some documentation on why Patrick's scores were fair given the current system, and throw in some snark like the White House did with those petitions to build a Death Star or to release info on Alien collaborations.

It's people like this who buys that crap that is killing figure skating.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Like, ZOMG!, you guyz, this petition is going to force the ISU to strip P.Chiddy of his World gold for realz; all the shady, skandal filled shenanigans of the ISU will come to an end ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! ................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    The little I know of Salt Lake is that some judged leaned very hard on that French judge to get her to break after if I understand. Maybe she's just crazy too who knows.
    The French judge was telling other judges in the fall who was going to win the Olympic gold medal. It wasn't just the events at the Olympics that were suspicious.

I suspect there was nothing abnormal about Salt Lake.
    The fact that there was politicking probably wasn't abnormal. But the skaters didn't perform in ways that supported the predetermined outcomes, and that's what blew the whole thing open. That was abnormal.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    While I don't agree with the system that allows results like this, these are the rules! you can win with falls. Do I like it? No. Do we have to accept it? Pretty much.

Wouldn't a petition to change the rules regarding falls/SP % of score be more beneficial?

vCash
    If harsher penalties had already been in place for falls, Carolina Kostner might not have won Europeans this year and who knows what her placement would have been at Worlds...

vCash
    BE CAREFUL. TWO CAN PLAY THE GAME.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    If harsher penalties had already been in place for falls, Carolina Kostner might not have won Europeans this year and who knows what her placement would have been at Worlds...
    I'm fine with more penalities for falls, I frankly don't care who it hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Like, ZOMG!, you guyz, this petition is going to force the ISU to strip P.Chiddy of his World gold for realz; all the shady, skandal filled shenanigans of the ISU will come to an end ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! ................
    But then what we will we fight about on FSU?
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I signed the petition. I don't agree with all of it, and I don't think it will do a lick of good. That said, I have nothing left to lose. I've lost all interest in skating in its current form. I watched the ladies free at last year's Worlds, and the men's and ladies' free at this year's Worlds only because of the friends I've made through skating. World Pros and Ice Wars had more legitimacy. With the team competition and vocal music on the way, I'm sure ISU skating will be there soon enough.

I don't think Patrick Chan's win is an isolated case by any means, but it is a scandal that can propel change -- if people want it to. But maybe people either don't care or have given up, and the fans who defend the system are content with watching once-a-year on Latvian TV. That's fine. But good for Monica Friedlander and the people who signed this petition for still caring. I'll stand with you.

Until then, I'll lurk around here waiting for the next Jill Trenary or Laetitia Hubert thread.

vCash
    I'm still not sure I'll sign the petition. I'd be more likely to sign a petition with significant rule changes, than one that targets taking anyone's gold away.. I may scream about Chan's results, but I wouldn't necessarily take a gold medal from him. However pretty clearly it seems, this is not just Americans "angry about the results." It seems fans all over the world don't like falling all over the place champions....

vCash
    The concern and caring for figure skating is vastly misplaced in this petition. I'm a Chan Uber, I agree with his scoring given the current system and thus agree with his win. That being said I've also thought a -1 deduction for all fall in a scoring system that gives 150~200 pts for a program is way too low and would be in total support of a revision to the IJS that would have give Denis Ten the Gold. A "fan" should help rightly direct the issue to the IJS itself with educated reasoning but not judging conspiracy or corruption. This petition is stupid and does nothing to help figure skating except driving the sport further into the laughing stock level.

vCash
    I would rather see Takahashi get his deserved gold medal from the 2012 World Championships. That was an even worse decision. Either way hopefully this is a further sign to the ISU how low they have let figure skating sink with their despicable judging at times of late, especialy when it involves a certain Mr. Chan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Kostner often places higher than she deserves in the views of many. I hope you arent implying that what you are saying would be a bad thing.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast