Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

USFSA has already assigned some skaters to the JGP. Don't they usually wait longer to do that?

vCash
    JGP assignments look like some very good skaters going head to head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    A press release for the 2013-14 team envelopes has not been published yet, but Teams A-C are online at: https://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=209
    Leng/LeDuc aren't included here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

USFSA has already assigned some skaters to the JGP. Don't they usually wait longer to do that?
    Yes, it's earlier than usual!

[Edited to remove the JGP assignments that were prematurely posted]

Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    Leng/LeDuc aren't included here.
    AFAIK they don't meet any of the Team C envelope criteria.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-03-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: To remove the assignments that were prematurely posted
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm surprised Miller didn't get one of the first three JGP assignments.

vCash
    It looks like they removed the JGP listings, unless I am totally missing something.

vCash
    The JGP assignments have been removed from USFS' Assignments page, so I guess we should consider them as preliminary / not set in stone / still unofficial...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Did USFS forget about TEB on the calendar of events?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Did USFS forget about TEB on the calendar of events?
    Yes - the TEB entries have since been added on their Assignments page.

vCash
    Re-posting this relevant excerpt from the Grand Prix Assignments thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudove View Post
    I can say that it confuses me if she [Caroline Zhang] was promoted to Team C from "no team" and awarded a Grand Prix for hard work (deserved) why not just promote her to Team B like they did Ricky Dornbush? If USFS's arbitral promotion to him up to TEAM B from Team C why not Caroline too? She deserves it. Maybe all Grand Prix skaters get Team B?
    The 2013-14 team envelope criteria were published in the fall of 2012 ("All Grand Prix skaters in 2013-14" is not included as one of the criteria for Team B): http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350

It's possible Zhang qualified for Team C based on the following envelope criterion:
    "Consideration to place the athletes in Team C - Tier 1 will be given for senior level skaters placing lower at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships where the event was very strong or the results were very close."
    (The 8th to 10th place Senior ladies at Nationals met other Team C criteria and there was a 11+ gap in points between Zhang's total score in 11th and Ashley Cain's in 12th.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-07-2013 at 04:34 AM.

vCash
    Yay for Caroline!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    Elise Middleton and Robert Hennings are listed in Team C. Have they not officially informed USFS of their split? Because I was under the impression that that was a done deal a while ago and that she already has a new partner.
    I'm told they will be removed from the envelope as soon as their split has been verified.
    Middleton/Hennings have now been removed from Team C.

Lysacek and Lindsay Davis/Rockne Brubaker were assigned to the Grand Prix so they eventually will be added to the Reserve Team envelope.

vCash

Middleton/Hennings have now been removed from Team C.

Lysacek and Lindsay Davis/Rockne Brubaker were assigned to the Grand Prix so they eventually will be added to the Reserve Team envelope.
    Lysacek may not have requested envelope funding. I know for a fact that he did not request envelope funding for the 2011-12 season. I do not know if he requested envelope funding for the 2012-13 or 2013-14 seasons. However, Lysacek was never added to the reserve team last season after he was assigned to the Grand Prix.

vCash
    This is the relevant criterion under Additional Considerations: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350
    "Athletes/teams assigned to an international competition, who are not in the current season's envelope structure, will be placed in the reserve envelope. If the athlete/team medal at a Senior B International, a Junior Grand Prix or a Senior Grand Prix competition, they will be placed, immediately, in Team Envelope C - Tier 2 and receive the remaining funding for that season."

The Reserve team envelope is unfunded. If Lysacek ends up competing internationally this season yet declines any envelope funding for 2013-14, I think his name should still be listed and his Team USA bio linked from the Team USA Athletes page: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=209

vCash
    This is the relevant criterion under Additional Considerations: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350
    "Athletes/teams assigned to an international competition, who are not in the current season's envelope structure, will be placed in the reserve envelope. If the athlete/team medal at a Senior B International, a Junior Grand Prix or a Senior Grand Prix competition, they will be placed, immediately, in Team Envelope C - Tier 2 and receive the remaining funding for that season."

The Reserve team envelope is unfunded. If Lysacek ends up competing internationally this season yet declines any envelope funding for 2013-14, I think his name should still be listed and his Team USA bio linked from the Team USA Athletes page: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=209
    In the 2011-12, and 2012-13 seasons, Lysacek's name was never added to the Reserve Team despite being assigned to compete at Grand Prix events during both seasons. Moreover, in those years, the USFSA had the discretion to name him to the Team C envelope. When I spoke to Patricia St. Peter at 2011 Skate America, I specifically asked her why Lysacek was not included on either the Team C envelope or the Reserve Team. She responded that Lysacek was not included because he did not request funding.

vCash
    Lindsay Davis & Rockne Brubaker were added to the reserve team and Isabella Cannuscio & Michael Bramante were added to the ISP. There may be more additions to the ISP but that was the only one I noticed.

vCash
    Daniel Samohin (N4) has been removed from the ISP. He currently is listed as representing Israel in the second JGP in Mexico City.

vCash
    Spencer Howe was added to the reserve team after getting 5th at sectionals. That should be he should be assigned a JGP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12