Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

vCash
    I thought Detroit was great. The People Mover was so easy to get around on, and 75 cents is a TOTAL bargain.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I thought Detroit was great. The People Mover was so easy to get around on, and 75 cents is a TOTAL bargain.
    ITA about the People Mover and another thumbs up from me for Detroit. I would definitely go to another event there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Even though you were traumatized by sitting by the kitchen door at Sweetwater Tavern with me?
    I saw you eat some of the complimentary dessert that I was compensated with. Apple pie and ice cream really calmed me down.

vCash
    I was pleasantly surprised by Detroit. Very friendly people everywhere we went, and I agree about the bargain that is the people mover! I loved the Riverfront boardwalk too. My only complaint was that there was no hot tea, soup or sandwiches in the arena. I was hoping that they'd open up that deli booth, but they never did. Lots of alcohol options though!

vCash
    I thought Detroit was an excellent host for Skate America. The People Mover was great - even if there were no restaurants around our hotel (hotel restaurant was too pricey), just a couple stops away on the People Mover was Greektown, with loads of choices. Everyone at the venue and around the downtown area was super friendly and helpful. I felt very safe. I'd definitely go back to Detroit for any future Skate Americas or Nationals.

vCash
    Same for me, kindness from everyone I interacted with in Detroit, including the arena staff who did not insist people sit in their assigned seats, and the police officers who gave me a ride to the tunnel bus station after the Gala Sunday when I didn't make contact with the person I was supposed to walk with.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I was also favorably impressed by Detroit. Incredibly friendly and helpful people, and the People Mover was a great convenience. I'd be happy for another event to be held here.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021