Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I put this in the ticket thread, but just in case anyone is still looking for tickets there are a bunch of row 2 seats in section 109 and some row 1 end seats available through the individual session tickets.

vCash
    No tickets yet for me either.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    No tickets yet for me either.
    Same here. I'll wait until tomorrow mail before I will call them.

vCash

Unhappy

Neither here.

Spitting Nickels
    vCash
    at least we can take comfort in knowing NONE of us have received them yet...

vCash
    As a Detroiter, I would recommend hotel wise staying in cities like Dearborn, 4 start hotels in Southfield. Troy, Farmington Hills, Novi or Livonia. These cities are ranked probably in the order of closest to furthest. Southfield, depending on which freeway you take is the closest suburb and actually first suburb you reach from Detroit. I would recommend 4star or higher here. The other cities are more mass afluent so if funds are low ( I would say that a hotel in the $80.00 and up range is reasonable) those cities are closest. Keep in mind that unlike other cities, we are the motor city so our freeways and streets are with driving in mind. A person living in the cities listed dont think much of a 20-25 minute drive, all freeway to downtown. Thats just what I would do.

If anyone wants me to tell you the landscape of where you are considering staying, inbox me and I will be happy too. Personally, when I travel, accomodations are NOT what I want to be worried about. Cities like Chicago or New York or even Philly that have strong public transportation are quite different than Detroit. You really need a car to get around unless you are LITERALLY downtown. Also Downtown Detroit cant really be compared to the other cities listed.

Anyway, I would want anyone coming here to enjoy themselves and be safe and not sorry. Let me know if i can help.

vCash
    Thank you arakawafan for the information!
    Is it walkable safe from/to DoubleTree @ W Lafayette Blvd? Or better to take the car out of valet parking?

vCash
    and have enyone received tix? If they dispatched them on sep 27th as they said, it's suppose to be already here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timpani View Post
    Thank you arakawafan for the information!
    Is it walkable safe from/to DoubleTree @ W Lafayette Blvd? Or better to take the car out of valet parking?
    No worries. I love taking trips but impromptu and its hard to find a free tour guide lol.

To answer your question, it's a mile or so up the street. Anything on Jefferson is considered safe. It's our Sunset strip... Michigan Ave in Chicago if you will. On the other side of your hotel is what we call the River walk which is where you literally walk along the river and look across it and see Canada.

I would tell you to believe 1/2 and all of what you hear about Detroit safety if that makes sense. Is there crime? HELL YEAH!!! Can you walk down Jefferson and be safe? Probably. Do i feel safer off Jefferson than the South Side of Chicago? for SURE! On the way back however, I would take cab though. When I say Detroit is "different" you will understand when you arrive LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by timpani View Post
    and have enyone received tix? If they dispatched them on sep 27th as they said, it's suppose to be already here...
    There is an ongoing thread in the Kiss N Cry forum for Skate America tickets - its in the "pay" part of the board so you may not have access. Anyway, it sounds like no one has received tickets and they may not even be in the mail yet. If you don't receive them you may be able to obtain them at the box office. Be sure to bring proof (credit card statement) and probably the credit card and ID. Hope you get them before the event!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    This exact same discussion (lack of tickets being mailed) is being held in the Skate Canada thread. Wonder if the ISU is part of the problem.

vCash
    For both the VIP and Premium tickets you get a skate america program. I wonder if they are mailing it with the tickets and that is part of the delay? When I called Ticketmaster earlier this week they said my ticket was printed on August 27th, but I still haven't gotten it either.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I just spoke with an official at USFSA. The bottom line.....a glitch with the company who printed the tickets. Everyone who ordered tickets through Ticketmaster will be receiving an email TODAY with an explanation and details.. Tickets will be sent out next week by OVERNIGHT mail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by azcalder View Post
    I just spoke with an official at USFSA. The bottom line.....a glitch with the company who printed the tickets. Everyone who ordered tickets through Ticketmaster will be receiving an email TODAY with an explanation and details.. Tickets will be sent out next week by OVERNIGHT mail.
    I spoke with the Arena ticket office (313-396-7443) herd the same about printing company. They didn't send them yet and we should receive them by Friday October 11. The nice man asked me if I would prefer to pick up my ticket at the day of competition and I decided to do that. He said I just need an ID with my name on it.

vCash
    I really appreciate this forum.

Thank you arakawafan for the Detroit tips.
    ...and the ticket issue, glad to be shared the latest information. i'll wait for the excuse email and then tickets itself.

vCash
    I haven't received my tickets or an email. But I did get confirmation that my tickets for Nationals have been printed. lol Ridiculous.

vCash
    I too have not received an email, or tickets. Thanks everyone for continuing to post it is very helpful!!

vCash
    I called the box office (313-396-7907) and asked them to hold the tickets for pick up at the box office.

I have to say the Boston 2014 organizers are the best I have ever seen. Professional and attentive and impeccable. All other skating events I've been to pale in comparison.

vCash
    I got email this morning.

Attention ticket holder!

This message is being sent on behalf of Joe Louis Arena:

Dear 2013 Hilton HHonors Skate America All-Event Ticket Purchaser,

This communication is in regards to your all-event ticket order. Due to unforeseen technical issues that have delayed the printing and delivery of your all-event ticket order, we can confirm that your ticket(s) will be mailed to arrive no later than Friday, October 11 at the address you indicated at the time or ordering.

If you indicated to have your tickets mailed and would like to change that option now to pick-up the tickets at the Joe Louis Arena Box Office, please contact Lucretia Williams lucretia.williams@olyent.com (preferred) or directly at (313) 396-7912 before Monday, October 7 to make this change. If mail delivery is still your preferred method, no further action is necessary.

Please note that the all-event tickets are a single commemorative ticket with an attached lanyard that will be good for all practice and competition sessions. If you need to split your ticket among others, please contact Lucretia directly to arrange a printed ticket for each session.

Joe Louis Arena – Box Office Hours
    Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Tuesday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Wednesday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Thursday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
    Sunday Closed

Joe Louis Arena Policies

DOORS OPEN Arena doors will open for seating open 60 minutes prior to scheduled event time.

“WILL CALL” Tickets are available at the box office two hours prior to the event. Individuals must present the actual credit card, a picture ID and the confirmation number. The Will Call window is located at the box office on the street level at the corner of corner of Jefferson and Steve Yzerman Dr. (Southwest corner of the venue).

REFUND POLICY There are no refunds on event tickets. All sales are final.

SMOKING is prohibited inside Joe Louis Arena. Two designated smoking areas are roped off outside the east and west gates of the arena. You will need your ticket for re-admittance.

EVENT CAMERA POLICY U.S. Figure Skating does allow cameras for personal use only. NO video recorders or flash photography is allowed. Monopods or tripods for cameras are prohibited.

GUEST RELATIONS Guest relation and information is located on the concourse level behind section 101.

PROHIBITED ITEMS at Joe Louis Arena include, but are not limited to, bottles, cans, liquid containers, coolers, outside food and beverages, weapons of any kind, laser light pointers, flagpoles, air horns, and umbrellas. To ensure the safety of all fans, any carry-in parcels may be checked by Joe Louis Arena Security or prohibited items.

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Sorry for the duplicate post.....Sylvia, can you remove mine. Thanks. Anne

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast