Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    sammi cesario was just given the ladies' spot - https://twitter.com/SammiCesario

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Adam Rippon, Samantha Cesario and Felicia Zhang/Nathan Bartholomay have been named officially; Dance still TBA - see today's USFS press release on single-session tickets going on sale tomorrow: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49428&type=media

This news has been posted in each of the individual Ladies/Men/Pairs threads in GSD as well as the "TBA Skate America 2013 spots discussion" thread in the Trash Can.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Would u say it's a "dumb" idea to wait and see if people sell good close tickets to this event ?

I got a new credit card but by now i don't see any really good seats left ...

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Start checking the tickets for sale/wanted thread closer to the event. I think waiting will be more of a problem with finding hotel space with many events (skating, football, the oft discussed marathon) all happening that weekend than getting decent seats.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    ok great thanks

vCash
    I can't wait for the FS season to begin. Still more than 2 months to go. I wish SA was closer to home. Detroit is still too far for me. I hope our networks cover it live.

ETA: A small event like this may not be a big help to Detroit's troubled economy, but every little bit helps.

vCash
    Has anyone received their tickets yet? I haven't.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I just bought my All Event tickets the other day and the box office said they weren't mailing tickets out yet but would be somewhat soon. She didn't have a date to tell me but said they were working on it.

BTW-If anyone else still wants to buy All Event tickets, you'll need to call the Joe Louis Arena box office and talk to someone in person. When they started selling the single session tickets not too long ago, it messed up the Ticketmaster map and you can't really tell what's actually available anymore. I think the box office guy was going to deactivate the All Event ticket link because they were having so many problems. I called earlier this week and they were great about helping me find seats. I'm so ready to see some live skating again!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Thanks Heather.

vCash
    So we still don't know when we're supposed to get our tickets?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arcuel View Post
    So we still don't know when we're supposed to get our tickets?
    I saw somewhere they're being mailed Sept. 27.

The detailed practice and event schedule has been released.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Another week til they even begin mailing the tickets?

Yeah for the practice schedule though. Looks like I may be able to make it to all the Thursday practices! Just need to find parking near my hotel first!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I saw somewhere they're being mailed Sept. 27.

The detailed practice and event schedule has been released.
    They posted the information on google+
    Tickets for 2013 Hilton HHonors Skate America will be shipped by the arena by 9/27. You can still purchase them here! http://www.2013skateamerica.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plusdinfo View Post
    Greetings, skating fans!
    I have never been to a live skating competition. I saw a tour in 1993, the Aretha Franklin/skating combo in 2011, and a few skates from Emanuel Sandhu in, maybe, 2010. I have been seriously considering going to Skate America, and I appreciate your feedback.

Is it too late in the game to make a decision once and for all and to say "yes"? By that, I mean: are there still all-competition tickets with good seats and is there accommodation that isn't crazily expensive? Especially for people who have been doing those searches recently, you may have a good answer. Going along with that, should I make my decision now or do you reckon I have some leg room to wait a bit before deciding for sure? I am leaning towards just saying I'll go because I was VERY impressed with the list of who is scheduled to attend. Many of the skaters are the only active skaters I would pay to see.

Finally, if you have any other tips for a first-time competition attendee like me or any feedback at all, please type away. I am sure many of you have great insight into what might make the experience unforgettable instead of just okay.

Thanks in advance!
    Try looking for hotels in windsor if you are able to/are open to crossing the border. You can take the bus across and then you do not need to worry about parking

vCash
    Walk to the arena if you are staying downtown. There are lots of beautiful buildings. Take the people mover back after the event. You can access it very easily at the arena. There are signs directing you there. The fare is cheap too.

vCash
    I just found out a couple of weeks that Skate America was coming to Detroit!! I live in the metro area and didn't even know about it coming, luckily I was looking online and saw it. I talked my mom into coming to visit me and we are going to together. We got seats in Section 120, I can't remember the row. I got our tickets in the mail last week. I'm really excited to go. My mom and I went to Nationals in Dallas in 2003 and had a lot of fun. I hope this Skate America is a good event and it should be an exciting year with the Winter Olympics coming up.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    You got your tickets? Hmmm. Don't have mine yet.

I see this is your first post - welcome!

vCash
    Cool aamysarch, glad you found out in time! Still no tickets here, either...

vCash
    I don't have mine either. Maybe they're mailing them today? Nothing like the last minute.

vCash
    I called and ordered my tickets directly from Olympia Entertainment so maybe that is why I get them so fast. They weren't special commemorative credential style tickets just a ticket for each event. I called and asked if I could still get into the practice sessions with those tickets and they said yes. I hope that is correct.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast