vCash

There is no E in Torvill

Anyone else seeing the ad for John Wilson blades at the top of the page? That the company spelled Jayne Torvill's name incorrectly bothers me a lot more than it probably should!

vCash
    Talking of Torvill Did anyone see see Jayne/Chris on the royal show last night ?
    They were on roller skates on a tiny surface .There was a film behind them of their performances while they did movements there in front.Of course Bolero was last where they did a head banger where Jayne's head nearly hit the floor She looked a little shakey at the end no wonder !

vCash
    I still have to look it up every time I type it. First there is remembering the Y in Jayne, then there's the question of one L or two, then remembering if there is an e on the end. No wonder most folks just go with T&D.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think Tessa Virute has more to complain about.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Well crap. I didn't notice her name on the ad at all until you pointed it out. You'd think a company that is actively spending advertising money would ensure that their actual ad was proofread before being sent out. Ridiculous.

vCash
    I am also very nitpicky about spellings of names. I don't claim to spell them correctly every time but if someone wants to place an ad, they better do their homework and make sure they spelled everything accurately.

vCash
    Maybe it was one of those pesky auto-correct programs. I swear my phone changes things AFTER I have proofed the message and comes up with some of the weirdest things. I know, I could turn it off, but then I would have to correct my own typos. I see a lot of webpages with a lot of typos, people seem to accept that getting done things done quickly is more important than accuracy nowadays.

vCash
    Lol, I get bothered by misspelled names, too!

It's Peggy FLEMING, not "Flemming." And don't get me started about Evan Lysacek.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Maybe she's actually Lithuanian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Lol, I get bothered by misspelled names, too!

It's Peggy FLEMING, not "Flemming." And don't get me started about Evan Lysacek.
    Flemming bothers me too, as does Bobeck. Larry King once introduced Kristi Yamaguchi as Kristi Yagamuchi.

vCash
    I could do without Dr. Thomas's first name being misspelled as "Debbi," "Debby," or "Debbie."

vCash
    That one is inexcusable.