View Poll Results: How would you describe your regular diet?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Non-vegetarian: I eat everything

66 81.48%
  • Non-vegetarian: I eat everything except red meat

1 1.23%
  • Non-vegetarian: I eat only chicken and fish

2 2.47%
  • Vegetarian: I eat everything (including dairy) except meat and fish

6 7.41%
  • Vegan: I don't eat dairy, meat or fish

1 1.23%
  • Raw Vegan

0 0%
  • Other (specify)

5 6.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

How would you describe your regular diet?

There are vegetarians and non-vegetarians, but there are many sub-categories of each. How would you describe yourself?

vCash
    Pescetarian doesn't appear to be on the list, but that's what I am.

vCash
    I am guessing- is that seafood only?

vCash
    Other: Technically, I'm not a vegetarian, I eat pretty much everything and fish more than meat but, overall, my regular diet is more vegetarian than non-vegetarian.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wouldn't say I eat EVERYTHING but I am in no way vegetarian. The things I don't eat are things like oysters, veal, etc. No reason, I just don't care for them.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I wouldn't say I eat EVERYTHING but I am in no way vegetarian. The things I don't eat are things like oysters, veal, etc. No reason, I just don't care for them.
    Same. I don't have any religious reasons or beliefs against eating anything, some things just don't appeal to me.

The title of this thread put a smile on my face, though. This is a question we're trained to ask of every patient, and many people ask it in exactly those words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Same. I don't have any religious reasons or beliefs against eating anything, some things just don't appeal to me.

The title of this thread put a smile on my face, though. This is a question we're trained to ask of every patient, and many people ask it in exactly those words

I did not mean 'for religious reasons'. In many cases it is a choice people make, like I did, although I did grow up a vegetarian. After trying the non-vegetarian 'eat everything' diet for years, I came to the conclusion that I really did not care for meat, and I always disliked most seafood, so I went back to my vegetarian roots.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I will try almost anything once unless it's something I know I am/is closely related to something I am allergic to (ie, I probably would not sample certain types of bug as they're a bit close to crustaceans, which I can't eat), or if it's too toxic if prepared wrong (low-acid home preserves, fugu, etc) or if it's bananas (I hate bananas. Always have.) I no longer eat things I don't like after trying them, but it's mostly based on personal preference. I'm pretty much omnivorous.

vCash
    I try to avoid things that had eyes, but will eat some fish or chicken from time to time. Most of my food is vegetable/fruit/grain etc. I will only eat white chicken breast meat, and only some less fishy fish... no seafood of other kinds and no other kind of meat.

For a lot of meat it's because I don't like the concept of eating something that was alive, but for red meat it's because I really hate the taste. Some people love roast beef or steak and I can't stand it, much to the surprise of my meat and potatoes loving family!

vCash
    Pescetarian means fish and seafood + dairy products in an otherwise veggie diet, yes. I wanted to do vegetarian but all my favorite foods are seafood/fish. And the main reason I wanted to go veggie was because I think the production of meats, including chicken, in our country is barbaric and unhealthy. And I know that the production of fish is not good either, I just have a much harder time giving it up!

I don't eat much actual fish, though, mostly shrimp. Oh, well, I guess tuna sandwiches are the best. I could probably drop pescetarian entirely if I could find a sandwich I loved as much as tuna, but no dice so far.

In the US I am willing to eat any kind of meat if I can visit the farm and determine that the animals are treated fairly and are actually eating what they were designed by nature to eat, ie. the cows are grazing instead of eating corn. Last summer I met a woman at the Farmer's Market who said she raised chickens. I asked her how and she said she followed Joel Salatin's method. Joel Salatin is one of my favorite people on earth and I was instantly sold. I spent $40 on two chickens a few months later But they were some tasty chickens and I had no qualms about eating them!

vCash
    I'm quite the carnivore. In general, I eat lots of non-starchy veggies and salads, some dairy--basically low-carb. The only drinks for me are water, decaf coffee, tea, raw juices, and alcohol on occasion (light beer or scotch).

The only things that I never eat are raw tomatoes (can't say why--I love tomato sauces--but the taste of a raw tomato practically makes me sick) and eggs (unless they are really well scrambled).
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I did not mean 'for religious reasons'. In many cases it is a choice people make, like I did, although I did grow up a vegetarian. After trying the non-vegetarian 'eat everything' diet for years, I came to the conclusion that I really did not care for meat, and I always disliked most seafood, so I went back to my vegetarian roots.
    Er... okay? I think we're in agreement.

vCash
    I tred to give up red meat once but it only lasted a couple months.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I eat everything but generally I stay away from dairy and red meat.

vCash
    I've been a vegetarian for more than twenty years. I do eat dairy products and eggs, but not that much - often I'll have days of eating vegan, not by design but because I like grains, and veggies, and lentils and that sort of stuff. I don't try to make up for the meat I'm not eating, so no veggie burgers or tofu instead of meat or any of that. I just eat what tastes good to me.

Note that vegans don't consume animal-based products, period. In addition to what's listed, they also don't eat eggs, and some don't eat honey.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    I'm trying to avoid gluten for a variety of reasons. I also tend to be lactose intolerant so I don't overdo the dairy.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Chocolate, vegetables, fruits, chocolate, and meat. No fish, but chocolate can substitute for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Chocolate, vegetables, fruits, chocolate, and meat. No fish, but chocolate can substitute for that.
    WTG Chocolate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I'm quite the carnivore. In general, I eat lots of non-starchy veggies and salads, some dairy--basically low-carb. The only drinks for me are water, decaf coffee, tea, raw juices, and alcohol on occasion (light beer or scotch).

The only things that I never eat are raw tomatoes (can't say why--I love tomato sauces--but the taste of a raw tomato practically makes me sick) and eggs (unless they are really well scrambled).
    I have met so many people that can't stand tomatoes- some raw, some cooked, and some both. I could never understand it. It's one of my most favorite vegetables (some call it fruit).

I can't stand eggs in any form, except as part of cakes, cookies, etc. Even then, if a cookie has too much egg, I know it instantly and I don't want to eat the rest. I just can't stand the smell of eggs.

vCash
    I eat chicken, fish, whole grains, vegetables, and fruit. No cheese, no eggs, no red meat, virtually no saturated fats. Very limited sugars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast