Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Well....

The kick of it is that the food is good. Really, all of it, aside from the muffins. The Korean corn was good, the tahini dressing I whipped up for a salad was delicious and the vegetarian version of her black bean chili was better than the black bean chili recipe I’ve been making — and bragging about — for years, though I ended up doubling the chili powder and pimenton for more flavor.

But I think most people buy celebrity cookbooks because of the name and not the recipes.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Oh, he is so humorless and a bit of a rage-a-holic. And clearly, his liberalism didn't rub off on his son, but his hair-trigger temper did when he was recently heard and seen shouting the N-and-F words to a photographer.

Guess he left his son something .
    I didn't know that about his son.

Dude, your dad played Harvey Milk and got an Oscar for it (as I predicted as soon as I saw it, one of his best).
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Why do I feel like I just walked past a high school lunch table?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am not sure what Korean corn is (would love to find out, does anyone know?) but here's a nice sounding tahini salad dressing recipe.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Well....

The kick of it is that the food is good. Really, all of it, aside from the muffins. The Korean corn was good, the tahini dressing I whipped up for a salad was delicious and the vegetarian version of her black bean chili was better than the black bean chili recipe I’ve been making — and bragging about — for years, though I ended up doubling the chili powder and pimenton for more flavor.

But I think most people buy celebrity cookbooks because of the name and not the recipes.
    I hate chili -- guess that's why I breezed right by that part!

As for Sean Penn's son . . . when you've watched your dad beat up women for years, I don't suppose you particularly care what he got an Oscar for.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Gynneth is correct about juicing, though. As long as you incorporate it into a healthy diet and not let it become the majority, it's very healthy. Two weeks into juicing once a day, my skin which had these ugly Rosacea flareups is about 75% better, and I'm almost back to my yellowish self. Hooray! The juice really does curb the coffee habit (down from 5 cups to 1 per day) as well as the sugar cravings.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    juicing is also great if you are inclined to skip breakfast or lunch. i hate breakfast but i will drink a kale shake.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I used to crave greasy and sugary stuff in the morning as well as caffeine. Now, I just crave my home made V-7 juice and stick to one weak cup of coffee daily which I intend to phase out. Next week is 1/2 cup, the week after goes goes down to zero. No sugar cravings whatsoever, either.

vCash
    I have a $30 blender and I sometimes juice in the summer. I've been thinking more about it lately and how I want to incorporate it in my daily life. Some of you have said it cut back on cravings - that definitely resonates with me - but when I do a search on the 'net on juicing it's overwhelming - I could use some pointers. I like to experiment with greens but I had trouble getting them to taste decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    juicing is also great if you are inclined to skip breakfast or lunch. i hate breakfast but i will drink a kale shake.
    Kale is one of the best things you can eat/drink. It is loaded with absorbable calcium! Good choice!

vCash
    I like to experiment with greens but I had trouble getting them to taste decent.
    Add carrots, cucumber, pear, apple, in whatever combination you like. The sweet fruit and vegetables counteract the bitter greens. My V-7 consists of beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, (which I loathe in other forms) apple or pear, spinach, and sweet potatoes. It looks like a cup of blood, but I find it delicious. Kale doesn't thrill me, so I don't use it. This week, broccoli is on the agenda. I did learn that you can juice a turnip, but it's really nasty. Just find what you like and juice it.

vCash
    "My V-7 consists of beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, (which I loathe in other forms) apple or pear, spinach, and sweet potatoes."

You must have a good juicer for things like carrots. I just have a blender and I have made carrot soup in it but of course cooked the carrots first. Sweet potatoes - do you bake them prior?

vCash
    A blender is not made to handle hard stuff like carrots and sweet potatoes. My juicer rips through them like butter. A blender will keep all the fiber in, so if you want to get several servings of raw vegetables and fruit, you're going to deal with bloating and constipation, unless you drink a ton of water. Too much fiber isn't any better than not enough.

vCash
    You know this is killing Gwynnie inside, but she appears to be a good sport about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l-outfits.html
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    ^^ Stop the presses!

Maybe she'll want a "who wore it best" or "which outfit is the $$$$ one", "buy it for less".

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    gollum hands
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The press has a an interesting definition of "identical."
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    The press has a an interesting definition of "identical."
    Yes, I think the word they were looking for is "similar."
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think Gwyneth wore it better. That scarf is pretty bad, sorry Demi.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think Gwyneth wore it better. That scarf is pretty bad, sorry Demi.
    Can't stand Gwyneth, so... In fact she is on GMA this morning and I had to turn it off.

As to identical - Jeans, two people wearing them at the same time - shocking! White tee shirts - un heard of! Army green jackets (which are totally on trend) are there two in the world? The press needs to get a clue !

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast