Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I"m not understanding why this article seems shocking and out of touch. The clothes are by fashion designers. Folks who can't afford it can get ideas from the looks.

It's not like the letter is suggesting regular people can afford these clothes. Goop is an exclusive online designer site with celebrity collarations. It's similar to shopbop and net-a-porter.

The target market for goop are elite people.

IMHO it really has very little to do with fashion or "elite people," whoever they are, and more to do with keeping Gwenyth's name recognition up. I can't even remember the name of her last movie. There is probably a whole generation of kids who don't know who she is. She is competing with the likes of Kim Kardashian and I suspect among the younger generation Kim is winning. Other than a couple of movies, a famous mother, and a famous husband, what exactly has Gwenyth got to offer the world? Oh wait, didn't she win and Oscar?
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I can't even remember the name of her last movie.
    It was Ironman 2.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    It was Ironman 2.
    She was also in The Avengers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Oh, OH, OH!!!! Remember when she posted about having Billy Joel and his then-wife Katie Lee over for lunch? She called him "William". Made me wanna break out my designer barf bags made from organic monkey placentas .
    Now I am beginning to think she is just pnk'ing all of us.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    It was Ironman 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Okay, clearly I am not in her target market!

(First time using the multiple quote function - very cool!)
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Yes, if you name your kid after a fruit, it should be Passion Fruit Kiwi!!

Okay that almost makes me want to have a kid so I can name them that.

I've already forgotten the jeans. All I remember is that they didn't look good on her. They were probably a fine look for someone else or with a different top, but the way it was presented. I remember that purse in the first pic though so I think that's a win for that outfit.
    I was thinking more along the lines of Cumquat Lemon Zest. What about Nashi Pear.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    And is now showing up in Iron Man's armor in Iron Man 3 TV spots.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Okay, clearly I am not in her target market!
    And, to be fair, her role was Ironman's sort-of girlfriend. It's not like she's carrying the movie. But, still, she's in these super successful movies and she has an Oscar and a following (she has her website with lots of hits) so why shouldn't TPTB like her and give her work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of Cumquat Lemon Zest. What about Nashi Pear.
    Cumquat Lemon Zest is cool but not Nashi Pear. It's still too close to ordinary.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    And, to be fair, her role was Ironman's sort-of girlfriend. It's not like she's carrying the movie. But, still, she's in these super successful movies and she has an Oscar and a following (she has her website with lots of hits) so why shouldn't TPTB like her and give her work?
    And she has all those A list friends she loves to talk about to put in a good word for her. As insufferable as she appears to us, she knows how to play nice with the right people. She won't be like Adrien Brody, who ended up doing one of the few movies in recent memory that would cast Lindsay Lohan.

vCash
    #8, the one with the sweatshirt and moccasins that they call "sneakers", looks like something my former neighbor would wear. She also had dreds, a dog that was half-wolf who terrorized the neighborhood, drove a Grateful Dead van, and worked in a cafe that catered to goths and vampire wannabes.

vCash
    Coming soon to a rich neighborhood near you. Curious to see the pricing for that considering her gym with Tracy Anderson charges 900/month.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ry-bar-2013253

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It's shocking and out of touch because Gwynnie (or the great minds that run Goop) seem to think that people should copy Gwynnie just because, well, she's Gwynnie. Or that the people who like Gwynnie are uncritical enough to buy or wear such ridiculous-looking outfits.

The only idea that I hope people of any income level would get from looking at this is how *not* to dress.
    The information the website mentioned is referring too is called goop.com

It's an very upscale designer good shopping website. Goop.com is is geared towards a very limited clientale. It's like haute couture.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Go Denmark!
    vCash
    I don't get the Gwynth hate? But I don't follow any celeb news, really (the 450K wardrobe intrigued me, though).

I like her as an actor, I think she is usually pretty good in the movies she is in?

all that clothes would look silly on me. I like the leather jacket though.
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    all that clothes would look silly on me.
    most of them look silly on her

vCash
    But the good news is now she's 40, we can all be less jealous of her.

http://www.celebitchy.com/286365/gwy...with-an-oscar/
    For some stupid reason, I get 'Self' and I'm still rolling my eyes at that comment. The article has some decent eating advice, but UGH at the constant 'I'm so amazing' comments.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    For some stupid reason, I get 'Self' and I'm still rolling my eyes at that comment. The article has some decent eating advice, but UGH at the constant 'I'm so amazing' comments.
    you just feel threatened
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    But not as much as before because she is now 40.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    And she has all those A list friends she loves to talk about to put in a good word for her. As insufferable as she appears to us, she knows how to play nice with the right people. She won't be like Adrien Brody, who ended up doing one of the few movies in recent memory that would cast Lindsay Lohan.
    I remember Anthony Hopkins talking about her and saying she and Jodi Foster were the most professional actresses he's worked with...She just has no concept of "reality" in terms of normal life.

vCash
    I love me Gwyneth. And she deserved her Oscar. Suck it, Blanchett.

vCash
    I don't know if I love her, but I certainly like her as an actress and loved her in SIL, where she glowed the whole movie. And I love her in the Iron Man series.

And the more hate she gets the more I like her, which is partially how I became a huge fan of Lysacek, Meissner, etc....

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast