Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Some major fug going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    the shiny orange shorts with the red shoes and half shirt is about as tragic as it comes
    I am torn between these and the white/red polka dot men's underwear shorts she seems to have borrowed from that Cold Play guy.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Victoria Beckham is so 10,000x cooler than Gwynthhh.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Some major fug going on there.

I am torn between these and the white/red polka dot men's underwear shorts she seems to have borrowed from that Cold Play guy.
    i used to sleep in that same pair of dotted boxer shorts so i wasnt going to mention that one. who am i to tell her she cant sleep in $500 boxers? surely she isnt leaving the house like that. i wonder if somewhere victoria beckham is trying to photoshop her dress out of the montage.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Blythe seems lovely. But I think it was Bruce Paltrow who spoiled Gwyneth, by Gwyneth's own admission.
    Okay, that both makes me feel better and explains a lot.

Also today I took Mini-Mac shopping to some trendy boutique and she wanted to spend $70 on a pair of shorts. I thought of this thread! (As I said NO!)
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Watch me move
    vCash
    i used to sleep in that same pair of dotted boxer shorts so i wasnt going to mention that one. who am i to tell her she cant sleep in $500 boxers?
    You paid $500 for a pair of boxer shorts?!?!
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    i used to sleep in that same pair of dotted boxer shorts so i wasnt going to mention that one. who am i to tell her she cant sleep in $500 boxers? surely she isnt leaving the house like that. i wonder if somewhere victoria beckham is trying to photoshop her dress out of the montage.
    They would be nice to sleep in, with a cute cami or a tee. However, Gwyneth looks like she intends to go outside in them.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    You paid $500 for a pair of boxer shorts?!?!
    no not me

i was kidding and not so proficiently
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    And lets not forget those shapeless jeans with yellow top and bright blue blazer. That's just wrong. Not to mention the transparent maxi skirt paired with another loose and shapeless top. The only thing decent here is the Victoria Beckham dress.

from Speedy Death

Watch me move
    vCash
    no not me

i was kidding and not so proficiently
    ((whew))
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    And lets not forget those shapeless jeans with yellow top and bright blue blazer. That's just wrong.
    I am no fashion maven, but those jean really leaped out at me as the most wrong thing of all. It's pretty hard to take a tall, lean, long-legged person and make her look stumpy, but those jeans succeed.

I must say, it all makes me feel better about my apparel choices. I can look awful on a whole lot less that $450K.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I"m not understanding why this article seems shocking and out of touch. The clothes are by fashion designers. Folks who can't afford it can get ideas from the looks.

It's not like the letter is suggesting regular people can afford these clothes. Goop is an exclusive online designer site with celebrity collarations. It's similar to shopbop and net-a-porter.

The target market for goop are elite people.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Because the elite surf the net for What Would Gwyneth Wear?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmar View Post
    Because the elite surf the net for What Would Gwyneth Wear?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I"m not understanding why this article seems shocking and out of touch.
    Because disliking and making fun of Ms. Paltrow is an 'in' thing right now.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I"m not understanding why this article seems shocking and out of touch. The clothes are by fashion designers. Folks who can't afford it can get ideas from the looks.
    It's shocking and out of touch because Gwynnie (or the great minds that run Goop) seem to think that people should copy Gwynnie just because, well, she's Gwynnie. Or that the people who like Gwynnie are uncritical enough to buy or wear such ridiculous-looking outfits.

The only idea that I hope people of any income level would get from looking at this is how *not* to dress.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It's not shocking to me actually. It's just funny. And dumb.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    And lets not forget those shapeless jeans with yellow top and bright blue blazer. That's just wrong. Not to mention the transparent maxi skirt paired with another loose and shapeless top. The only thing decent here is the Victoria Beckham dress.
    I like those jeans. The Chloe' pants are cute, too!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    It's shocking and out of touch because Gwynnie (or the great minds that run Goop) seem to think that people should copy Gwynnie just because, well, she's Gwynnie. Or that the people who like Gwynnie are uncritical enough to buy or wear such ridiculous-looking outfits.

The only idea that I hope people of any income level would get from looking at this is how *not* to dress.
    Oh, OH, OH!!!! Remember when she posted about having Billy Joel and his then-wife Katie Lee over for lunch? She called him "William". Made me wanna break out my designer barf bags made from organic monkey placentas .

vCash
    Anyone who names their child after a common fruit is a bit of a loon in my mind.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Anyone who names their child after a common fruit is a bit of a loon in my mind.
    Yes, if you name your kid after a fruit, it should be Passion Fruit Kiwi!!

Okay that almost makes me want to have a kid so I can name them that.

I've already forgotten the jeans. All I remember is that they didn't look good on her. They were probably a fine look for someone else or with a different top, but the way it was presented. I remember that purse in the first pic though so I think that's a win for that outfit.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast