Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Plus the jackets and shirts were made from different materials, the jeans were different colors and they had totally different boots on.

The outfits were definitely similar in style and it was probably amusing to get on the plane and see someone else dressed in your same basic outfit, style-wise. But identical? Not even close.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    My son recently had a playdate, and the big sister was named Gwyneth. I was thinking of this thread, and laughing inside, but in the end it turned out that the grandmother is Welsh - that is probably more likely reason for picking the name (which I think is beautiful name, btw)
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    I have this friend who went to Princeton and she can be just as pretentious as that Princeton mom. So I burst out laughing when she posted new pics on facebook of her autographed copy of Gwyneths cookbook.

vCash
    Take this haters!

The women on The Talk were quite catty about it today toward Gwyneth on their show. I don't get the dislikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Take this haters!

The women on The Talk were quite catty about it today toward Gwyneth on their show. I don't get the dislikes.
    I don't know even who those women on The Talk are.

vCash
    Seriously? I mean, really?

Gwyneth owes her PR person a nice fat bonus
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Take this haters!

I don't think the dislikes are due to her looks. I think the dislikes are because she is a pretentious bitch. When she first started making movies, I didn't mind her. I thought she was moderately talented and riding on her parents fame train. But, I didn't dislike her. then I saw her interviewed a few times and I grew to think she is just a twit who thinks she is the shit! If I were Blythe Danner, I'd be mortified.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont think the dislikes are do to her looks either. that being said, her unairbrushed photos are plain at best with skin that looks old for 40.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Gwenyth Paltrow is handsome at best, and homely at worst. If she's what's going for most beautiful in the world today, I have a really good shot at winning some beauty contests, too.

I can see it if she had an amazing personality, but she's rather smug and annoying.

I don't know even who those women on The Talk are
    Isn't that a low rent version of the View with Darlene Conner?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    And what does this make, say, Jessica Biel if Gwyneth is so beautiful? Halle Berry (whom I've seen in person, holy cow that woman is stunning...)
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Tranquillo
    vCash
    People's Editor was on Good Morning America today and mentioned that he knew Paltrow had her detractors and that being controversial was a good thing for the magazine. Sounded almost like she was picked as much for the people who don't like her as for the ones who do.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Yeah, people might talk about the choice, but PEOPLE is a commercial venture that has to sell copies. And the editor of PEOPLE thinks that putting someone who's disliked on the cover is going to make that issue sell? That's kind of weird (if not wrong) logic.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Gwenyth Paltrow is handsome at best, and homely at worst. If she's what's going for most beautiful in the world today, I have a really good shot at winning some beauty contests, too.
    I don't know enough about Gwenyth Paltrow personality to comment. But I've seen her in Shakespeare in Love and Sliding Door, and she is beautiful. Her looks is very patrician type of beauty, but I would never call her homely. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I actually thinks she is prettier than Jessica Biel, but not as pretty as Cate Blanchett.

vCash
    I don't think she is homely. I think she is pretty, but far from beautiful. But, the prettiness goes away when she opens her mouth.

vCash
    Take this haters!
    My god, that picture of Zoey Deschanel is shocking. I think I might need therapy.

vCash
    I do NOT get the love for Gwyneth's looks either. She is a fairly attractive woman, but I would not stop if I saw her and think, wow, she's the world's most beautiful woman!! I would nto even list her in a top 10 in Hollywood.

I'm thinking that as she gets a lot of publicity over how unpopular she is, then the magazine thought they'd get lots of publicity/money, giving her the title.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I do NOT get the love for Gwyneth's looks either. She is a fairly attractive woman, but I would not stop if I saw her and think, wow, she's the world's most beautiful woman!! I would nto even list her in a top 10 in Hollywood.

I'm thinking that as she gets a lot of publicity over how unpopular she is, then the magazine thought they'd get lots of publicity/money, giving her the title.
    That's what I'm thinking too.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I think Gwyneth has quite a few well placed friends in high places.

vCash
    I don't understand why she gets so much attention. I think I saw her in a movie once, she was OK, but I didn't like the movie (Emma). As far as looks her hair is her best feature, without it she is pretty plain, makeup doesn't transform her the way it does some women. As far as personality, I saw her once on a day-time TV show promoting a cook book and she seemed personable - I think the press deliberately quotes her out of context in print to make her sound snooty. Her tastes and her lifestyle are not mine, but I don't find them offensive. So what if she named her kid Apple and likes to shop in Paris? She seems like a run-of-the-mill celebrity to me.

vCash
    Orbitz, I thought you were linking to this.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast