Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maatTheViking View Post
    I like the leather jacket though.
    Is that the red one? I wish I looked good in stuff like that. I like that look.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    you just feel threatened
    MacMadame doesn't feel threatened by Gwyneth. Gwyneth feels threatened by MacMadame.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I don't know if I love her, but I certainly like her as an actress and loved her in SIL, where she glowed the whole movie. And I love her in the Iron Man series.

And the more hate she gets the more I like her, which is partially how I became a huge fan of Lysacek, Meissner, etc....
    I have liked her in what I've seen (Ironman, SIL and Shallow Hal) but I like who I like based on what they do, not on who hates them. Plus I don't hate Gwynie. I just think she's fun to mock.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Watch me move
    vCash
    Gwyneth is really on a publicity roll....
    http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...RWx1rnIQ6ObG7J
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Btw, Goop is Gwyneth's own site. A couple of posts here have talked about it as if it's some other site that hired her to put that column together. (I think one of mine might imply that though I wasn't thinking of it that way since I know Goop is her site-I was just writing unclearly. )
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

Blergh
    vCash
    As insufferable as she can be due to her...distance from us common-folk, I don't really know if she's really out-of-touch with reality. Her reality is just totally different from ours and we can't relate. It's not just about her being an actress or even a celebrity, but just the way she has been brought up and what she was exposed to.

Anyway, I actually find her to be incredibly underrated as an actress actually despite her Oscar because her Oscar receives so much hate to this very day. IMO, her win is far from a robbery because I found her performance was excellent even if not up to the standard of Blanchett or Montenegro (I disagree about Blanchett because her performance wasn't as good as the myth of her "robbery" makes it out to be and Elizabeth was such a bad movie especially compared to other Elizabeth biopics out there much less to the well-written and acted Shakespeare in Love). IMO, if we're going to call Paltrow's great performance winning over Blanchett a robbery, then I'm going to say that Blanchett robbed Virginia Madsen, Laura Linney, and yes Natalie Portman when she won her Oscar for her middling Katharine Hepburn portrayal. BTW, I actually like Blanchett and thought her performance in Notes on a Scandal was just as Oscar-worthy, if not more so, than Jennifer Hudson's for Dreamgirls.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    From the article linked above:

On the front cover, Paltrow goes to comical lengths to look relatable. She smiles toothily in front of rustic wooden crates piled with zucchini. Her blond hair is tousled and scraggly, her dark roots clearly visible. She wears little makeup, and her skin walks a precarious line between glowing and shiny."]On the front cover, Paltrow goes to comical lengths to look relatable. She smiles toothily in front of rustic wooden crates piled with zucchini. Her blond hair is tousled and scraggly, her dark roots clearly visible. She wears little makeup, and her skin walks a precarious line between glowing and shiny.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    This whole thread just cracked me up! Considering what Gwyneth wears and eats (and still manages to have panic attacks, Vitamin D deficiency and anemia!), I think I'll stick to my own rhythm, thankyouverymuch.

I just can't take Gwyneth seriously. She's not only out of touch with us peasants (I guess I should speak for myself here), she seems woefully out of touch with herself!

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    This whole thread just cracked me up! Considering what Gwyneth wears and eats (and still manages to have panic attacks, Vitamin D deficiency and anemia!), I think I'll stick to my own rhythm, thankyouverymuch.

I just can't take Gwyneth seriously. She's not only out of touch with us peasants (I guess I should speak for myself here), she seems woefully out of touch with herself!

O-
    She does make one laugh with her bon mots.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    I got 99 problems but Gwynnie ain't one...
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    She is a gift that keeps on giving.
    I almost posted this same thing

vCash
    Wait, Goop is a thing? I just thought it was a nickname internet people came up with.

The only things I really know about her are that she was annoying in that movie where she had an English accent, Good as the big girl in Shallow Hal (annoying as the skinny version), she has a kid named Apple, she's married to someone in a post '90's band, and has questionable taste in girlfriends. (Courtney Love)

The clothes are ugly and frumpish. (Except the Victoria Beckham dress) Had I the funds, Goop would be on the bottom of my list.

Didn't she do a movie where she did Karaoke and then recorded some country music in real life?

It's obvious that I am not as up to date on all things Goop as I should be.
    Last edited by leesaleesa; 03-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Didn't she do a movie where she did Karaoke and then recorded some country music in real life?
    Yes. I didn't see that one. It looked bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Gwyneth is really on a publicity roll....
    http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainmen...RWx1rnIQ6ObG7J
    All I can say is that it is too bad she forgot to put clothes on under the apron she is wearing in the picture linked above.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I don't know if I love her, but I certainly like her as an actress and loved her in SIL, where she glowed the whole movie. And I love her in the Iron Man series.

And the more hate she gets the more I like her, which is partially how I became a huge fan of Lysacek, Meissner, etc....
    Ooooh, you are such a rebel!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Oh shut up :-P I am not. I just seem to find that the more I defend someone around the internet when I think they're being unfairly criticized, the more I ended up finding things about them that I like. And I do like her as an actress.

There are certainly celebrities I don't like that are popular to pick on, eg., Sandra Lee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    The only things I really know about her are that she was annoying in that movie where she had an English accent,
    Do you mean Sliding Doors? I loved her in that film and she had hands down one of the best English accents i've heard an American do consistently in a film.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I agree with antmanb. Her English accent was near perfect in Sliding Doors; only a tiny nuance here and there told me she was not born here.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am always shocked by actors' excellence in a foreign accent. For instance, for the longest time I didn't know Hugh Laurie wasn't an American. His American accent in House was perfect.

As to Gwyneth, I think she is a good actress, not the greatest but OK.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I am always shocked by actors' excellence in a foreign accent. For instance, for the longest time I didn't know Hugh Laurie wasn't an American. His American accent in House was perfect.

As to Gwyneth, I think she is a good actress, not the greatest but OK.
    I will give her props for being able to to an English accent. A lot of US actor's can't or won't. Actors from UK or Australia have no problem at least attempting to do US accents.

Other than that, I don't care too much for her. But she seems pleased enough with herself that she could care less what others think of her.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like her mother, Blythe Danner. She is older but I find her more attractive and a better actress.

from Speedy Death

Blergh
    vCash
    I heard some horrible American accents in a lot of UK television shows though.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast