vCash

In Our Right Mind: Happy Left Handers' Day!

Happy Lefty Day to the only people at FSU who are ALWAYS right in the mind!

While yes, lefties are more likely to be killed in a car accident or have horribly embarrassing uneven scissor cuttings in kindergarten, we're also more likely to be entrepreneurs, artists, and presidents (including the last three). In general, connections between both sides of the brain are faster in lefties (which makes it so much easier for us to practice witchcraft and communicate with the Dark Prince).

Top Ten Lefties According to Time Magazine:
    •Barack Obama
    •Bill Gates
    •Oprah Winfrey
    •Babe Ruth
    •Napoleon Bonaparte
    •Leonardo da Vinci
    •Marie Curie
    •Aristotle
    •Ned Flanders
    •Jimi Hendrix
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Testify . Lefty here...and yes, I can't cut with scissors for shit, and my meat slicing and veggie-chopping skills won't win any prizes either. But that's ok.

Any lefty ice skaters???

vCash
    I'm a lefty!

Still voting in the icenetwork "It's your move!" contest.
    vCash
    Another left-hander here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Testify . Lefty here...and yes, I can't cut with scissors for shit, and my meat slicing and veggie-chopping skills won't win any prizes either. But that's ok.

Any lefty ice skaters???
    I don't know about left-handers, but some clockwise skaters include Johnny Weir, Alissa Czisny, Sarah Hughes, Rosalynn Sumners, and Rudy Galindo. That almost counts...maybe.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    I'm left handed! I didn't know there was a day of celebration.

vCash
    It was tough being left-handed in some parts of Asia, let me tell you. In Japan, some consider you crazy or mentally handicapped. In Pakistan, unhygenic. That's because the left hand is used to wipe oneself with, usually sans toilet paper.

vCash
    I am not a lefty but wanted to add to the list- Phil Mickelson (Golfer), Goran Dragic (NBA), Steve Young (NFL)

vCash
    I'm a lefty & am also from a left handed family. My mother, one of my 2 brothers, my daughter & a nephew all are or were lefthanded. It's the norm in my family & none of us crook our hand at an odd angle to write as some do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    It's the norm in my family & none of us crook our hand at an odd angle to write as some do.
    I write like that. When I was young, I developed muscles in my wrist to go along with that style of writing. I've lost them now, and using a pen or pencil quickly becomes painful.

vCash
    Were the great masters of the Renaissance really left-handed? I thought they were ambidextrous...

vCash
    I friggin hope they were, that'll give me more to brag about.
    One of the chefs I worked with saw I was left-handed and exclaimed, "I KNEW there was something different about you!" I said, "Hell yeah there is", and then I tripped. Over my own foot. That happens a lot.
    The only family member we can trace it to is my great-aunt, who started out left-handed but the teachers in Germany forced her to write with her right hand. Now she's right-handed but her writing is oddly slanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I write like that. When I was young, I developed muscles in my wrist to go along with that style of writing. I've lost them now, and using a pen or pencil quickly becomes painful.
    Dear Japanfan, All you need to do to be able to write lefthanded without crooking your wrist/hand is to point the bottom right hand corner of your paper towards your body. It's just the opposite of how right handed people are taught. Try it, so simple.