Thread: Clara Peters

vCash

Clara Peters

Whereabouts is our favorite Irish lass Clara Peters? Was she not eligible for 2013 Worlds? Is the ISU trying to keep Ireland down?

vCash
    She didn't make the minimum scores for Europeans.

GSD thread on Peters I started last summer: IFS Article on Clara Peters and Irish Skating Past & Present
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Prick Admin
    vCash
    She was injured over the summer which meant her preparations for the season were delayed and she didn't have enough training to get the minimum TES SP score (she had the FS) at any of the competitions she went to in the autumn.

She'll be competing in Slovenia over Easter.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Thanks for clarifying it was the SP minimum TES she was lacking. The competition in Slovenia is Triglav Trophy, March 27-31. I met Clara briefly at the Liberty Summer Competition last July and she was charming. I wish her all the best!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    She was injured over the summer which meant her preparations for the season were delayed and she didn't have enough training to get the minimum TES SP score (she had the FS) at any of the competitions she went to in the autumn.

She'll be competing in Slovenia over Easter.
    That is much happier news. I have watched her improvements since 2009.

vCash
    Ooh a Clara thread! Can she go to Sochi?? (ie is there somewhere she could qualify? does Ireland get a spot?)

Prick Admin
    vCash
    She'll be entering the Nebelhorn Trophy for sure. It's going to be tough, but she'll give it her best shot.

vCash
    Yay! I hope she double jumps her way to the Olympics!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    Yay! I hope she double jumps her way to the Olympics!
    She might throw some triples!

vCash
    Wasn't there a competition recently where she attempted 2F+3Lp combination? I seem to recall some controversy because the judges only called it a double despite it clearly being a triple attempt that should have been marked < or<<. It might have been at the challenge cup - there were a few dubious calls in that competition.

Anyway if she could use that as an SP combination and attempt another solo triple from steps then she might get closer to qualifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Wasn't there a competition recently where she attempted 2F+3Lp combination? I seem to recall some controversy because the judges only called it a double despite it clearly being a triple attempt that should have been marked < or<<. It might have been at the challenge cup - there were a few dubious calls in that competition.
    That's an interesting example where it's likely that an over-rotated double was executed, but perhaps the caller thought it was a downgraded triple? What happens in those instances?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    She might throw some triples!
    I hope so! Goooo Clara!

vCash
    I hope she does well and makes the Olympic team to represent Ireland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    That's an interesting example where it's likely that an over-rotated double was executed, but perhaps the caller thought it was a downgraded triple? What happens in those instances?
    But it really wasn't an over-rotated double it was clearl an underrotated triple, granted I would have marked it 2F+3Lp<< but it was a triple attempt. There were some other dubious calls by the panel in that competition - I think Joubert got a weird call on something too.

Here's the attempt at 1.22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC_Yc5KD_2I