Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I'll just stick with my Pajama Jeans. Love em!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I have never seen any work out clothes for women at our Costco. Wish they did have them.
    Well, it's Costco so you know even if they have them this month, next month, who knows? That's why I bought 4 pair and Mini-Mac and I fight over them.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Well, it's Costco so you know even if they have them this month, next month, who knows? That's why I bought 4 pair and Mini-Mac and I fight over them.
    They, sometimes, get Nike things for men. And they, occasionally, get "workout wear" (mostly baggy capris and weird jackets, that would not really work) for women but all they ever have are L & XL. I would love it if they got real exercise wear.

Stopped at Nordstroms today, needed another pair of running leggings for Pilates. I tried on the Zella - FANTASTCIC!. The fabric is really soft and has enough lycra. And the styles are very similar to Lululemon and half the price. got a black pair of leggings and a long sleeved top. Can't wait for tomorrow to wear them!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I actually get most of my stuff from Sports Basement, a local chain, that sells actually sports apparel from the normal brands like TYR and Zoot and Adidas and Under Armour (and about 10 others) as well as online when I order stuff branded for events or clubs. I get the impression a lot of women are hesitate to shop at places like that or maybe just don't know about them and that's why a place like Lululemon can get away with charging an arm and a leg for stuff that really isn't all that exceptional if you know the full range of what is available.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I actually get most of my stuff from Sports Basement, a local chain, that sells actually sports apparel from the normal brands like TYR and Zoot and Adidas and Under Armour (and about 10 others) as well as online when I order stuff branded for events or clubs. I get the impression a lot of women are hesitate to shop at places like that or maybe just don't know about them and that's why a place like Lululemon can get away with charging an arm and a leg for stuff that really isn't all that exceptional if you know the full range of what is available.
    I go to Dick's, for workout clothing. I go to Lady Footlocker for running shoes. I don't like to spend a lot on workout clothing, but I will spend on the shoes. I walk 3 miles a day, outside. I wear Nike 360 Air Max. They are pricey ($140 - $175 depending on verso).
    And they last me about a year. But the full sole air cushion helps my knees and lower back.

They do have a Lululemon outlet, an Under Armour and a Northface outlet up in Woodbury Commons (NY). So, when we go there, I check out what they have.

vCash
    Yes, how can I forget about Zella?! I ♥ my Zella pants! This thread just reminded me, I need to visit the Lucy store near me.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    So is Lululemon this decade's Juicy Couture (asks he who is innofashionteknik)?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I don't think so- because as a fashionnoteknik myself I recall thinking people in Juicy were paying too much money and looked like idiots. I think people in Lulu are probably paying too much money, but maybe not, and the clothes look nice. Since they are standard workout wear, they should stand the test of time. Juicy does not and to the non-trendy, it really didn't even then.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    No. Juicy Couture isn't meant to be worked out in. It's totally fashion clothing. Lululemon is athletic wear. Totally different markets. Totally different looks. The only thing they have in common is that they are expensive.

vCash
    No. Juicy Couture isn't meant to be worked out in. It's totally fashion clothing. Lululemon is athletic wear. Totally different markets. Totally different looks. The only thing they have in common is that they are expensive.
    Agree. though Juicy is far more expensive and is made like crap. My daughter was the age that wore the warm up suits, when they were popular. Three or four washings and they started falling apart. The fabric was so cheap it frayed. As much as lululemon is overpriced, it is a quality product.

Love my new Zella pants and top! But, they only sell it at Nordstroms and they are out of the "Live In Leggings" in any color in small. I hope they get more in!

vCash

Re: Lululemon takes a hit

I am a yogi, and choose clothing based upon whether or not they stay put when you bend over, twist the torso, do inversions, handstands, and/or arm balances. I've only got one lululemon top and got it on sale, but prefer prana and Lucy brands, and get most items on sale at Sierra Trading Post.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Good grief, the stores were actually making women "bend over" to prove the pants were too sheer until some complained and the story got out:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...++++++National

I swear is this company administration a bunch of just plain snobs or IDIOTS????
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Good grief, the stores were actually making women "bend over" to prove the pants were too sheer until some complained and the story got out:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...++++++National

I swear is this company administration a bunch of just plain snobs or IDIOTS????
    Both. Their hiring and employment practices are rather questionable as well.

I am pretty amused by this as a Lululemon store just opened in our area last fall and I've listened to several monologues from yoga "teacher" (she really didn't complete the certification) sister-in-law on the "research and development" they do and the power of their yoga clothes to instantaneously allow wearers to achieve greater flexibility and spirituality thus making them worth the high price. I have managed to refrain from asking her if any of her pants are see through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    and the power of their yoga clothes to instantaneously allow wearers to achieve greater flexibility and spirituality thus making them worth the high price.
    Wow, I'd pay for that...but the ladies in my classes wearing Lululemon don't seem to be any less flexible on the days they show up in Champions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Agree. though Juicy is far more expensive and is made like crap. My daughter was the age that wore the warm up suits, when they were popular. Three or four washings and they started falling apart. The fabric was so cheap it frayed. As much as lululemon is overpriced, it is a quality product.
    Interesting. I've had a Juicy suit for 5+ years and it still looks practically brand new. I really only wear it when I'm traveling since it's so comfy, but I disagree with you that it's crap. I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

I generally dislike Lululemon because they genuinely think that their $100 yoga pants are worth that much. They look and do the same damn thing as my $20 pants from Old Navy. I also dislike their return policies, and in general, their clothes are meant for people taller than myself. The pants are always too long and the sleeves too long too. Some of their clothing is adorable, but I can't bring myself to pay $108 for a hoodie. A HOODIE.

vCash
    Do Yoga Gurus in India (or anywhere in the world) wear $100 Yoga pants? But I digress. One can spend as much as one wants if they can afford it. I'm just too cheap to spend $100 for a pair of Yoga pants. As for fabrics preventing 'odor'. Guess what? I wash my workout clothes after my workout. Call me old fashioned.

vCash
    Quality wise, I don’t think lulu is better than many other cheaper brands, but some of their stuff is just cute. I am fine with Old Navy stuff though for leisure or work out clothing. I will do the occasional expensive hand bag. Again, I don’t think the quality is any better than most cheap purses, I am paying for the design.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Do Yoga Gurus in India (or anywhere in the world) wear $100 Yoga pants? But I digress. One can spend as much as one wants if they can afford it. I'm just too cheap to spend $100 for a pair of Yoga pants. As for fabrics preventing 'odor'. Guess what? I wash my workout clothes after my workout. Call me old fashioned.
    SiL can't. She buys it anyway. Then exploits other people, quite literally, to make up the difference.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    I thought that was not true. I saw a new report where the CEO said that you could return them no questions asked with his own mouth and I never believe the New York Post about much of anything.

vCash
    I thought that was not true. I saw a new report where the CEO said that you could return them no questions asked with his own mouth and I never believe the New York Post about much of anything.
    I've seen it in a few different places. Since they are known for a strict return policy, I'm guessing that this is something individual stores did, rather than the company as a whole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast