Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Lululemon takes a hit

These yoga pants and clothes are very popular with women skaters in my area. I guess I'm an anomaly in that respect, but I don't see the value in paying $100 for yoga pants when I get beautiful, well-fitting ones for $30 or less on sale from Victoria's Secret (and their PINK collection ones have beautiful heavy duty but light feeling fabric that is definitely NOT see-through). I have friends who spend a small fortune on Lululemon. I just don't get it whey they feel the clothes are worth the very high cost. Of course, I also don't buy really expensive jeans or much designer anything for that matter...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ml?ir=Business
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I bought a couple of pairs of mens pants last year before the whole see-through debacle and I loved them, very comfortable and form fitting. I really enjoy them, but I do think that this will hurt the company and reputation unfortunately.
    Kyle

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    ... but I do think that this will hurt the company and reputation unfortunately.
    I don't. Luluheads will be Luluheads forever, and one bad batch isn't going to change that. It's not like the company was being deliberately deceptive or maniuplative. They just made a mistake.

If anything, the media frenzy -- and short-term "shortage" due to the defective pants being recalled -- will I think result in net growth.

Plus there's a whole new market: the men who had previously never heard of Lululemon and now are searching Twitter and Youtube for pictures/vids of women bending over wearing the pants in question.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Meh. I am over Lululemon. I just got a killer pair of workout capris from Athleta. Friggin awesome.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I think we'll see Lulu take a nice jump up over the next 6 months. And, if you look at their chart for the last year or so, you'll see it has taken some dips below where it currently sits.

I don't see it going anywhere.

O-

vCash
    I like Under Armour and have lots of Nike fitness wear. I also really like Kyodan from T.J. Maxx / Marshalls. A lot of people say Kyodan and Lulu's are very similar without the $$.

vCash
    They're super cheap, but I love my Old Navy workout pants Athleta's great too.

vCash
    The article attached in the first post calls the company Lululemon Athleta. Are they the same company? I get Athleta catalogs in the mail but do not see the Lululemon name on the cover. How are the two related?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    The article attached in the first post calls the company Lululemon Athleta. Are they the same company? I get Athleta catalogs in the mail but do not see the Lululemon name on the cover. How are the two related?
    From a quick google search it looks like Lululemon has the name Athletica attached and Athleta is a different company.

vCash
    If money was not an issue, I would totally be one of those people who buy Lululemon clothes but never work out in them (I especially like their light jackets). My workout clothes are my "big" clothes. Living in the birthplace of Lulu makes me stand out. The Cardio Kickbox class that I go to every weekend Downtown, *everyone* is wear lulu, while my t-shirt is flailing about in the wind like a sail.

I do have my "fancy" workout clothes like when I am participating in a running event, which I bought while outlet mall shopping during Skate America. $7 dollar shorts (with zippers!) at the Outlet Old Navy, baby!

vCash
    I thought this was hysterical! I can't believe this is "major news"!

vCash
    for the women, but I think the company should take the Lululemon lemons and make lululemonade by launching a men's line using that fabric for the gay circuit crowd or gym bunnies who like to wear as little as possible

vCash
    I think part of it is that Lululemon promotes a "lifestyle" with their clothes, not just wear these and exercise. I have to roll my eyes at one woman who "didn't exercise until she bought Lululemon and had cute clothes to exercise in" and now she's a serious runner/whatever. I like looking nice when I exercise, but as many have pointed out, you don't have to spend a fortune to do so. Today, another $10 "Angel Reward" went toward another pair of PINK yoga pants at VS. Total cost in the end? $24.50. And no sheer worries...

Athleta is Gap. The formal name for Lulu's exercise wear is Lululemon Athletica.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    The one advantage with Lululemon is that they have something in the fabric that is supposed to prevent "stink". Though I have two tanks and, trust me, when I walk in the summer, I stink! . I think it's over priced, and some of the styles are not really workout friendly.

vCash
    Jimmy Kimmel's take, too damn funny!

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8207/...ous-video.html

vCash
    I bought most of my workout clothes at Wal*Mart. They're still going after more than a year.

vCash
    The obvious bad batch aside we have tried many brands of yoga pants and lululemon has always been better in every way...

But I made a discovery the past year. The brand Zella from Nordstroms. They are at least 1/2 the price of lululemon and just as a great economic alternative. Apparently the woman in charge of athletic wear for Nordstrom (Zella brand) used to work for lululemon so while the material isn't the same, they are in every other way.

Just wanted to share that for those who love lululemon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I bought most of my workout clothes at Wal*Mart. They're still going after more than a year.
    Walmart and Target here. Some of my yoga pants are a heavily used 5 years old.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I buy my yoga pants at Costco. They are awesome.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I buy my yoga pants at Costco. They are awesome.
    I have never seen any work out clothes for women at our Costco. Wish they did have them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast