Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I don't think Eric Radford has a big ego, or Robin Szolkowy, although anyone who has had personal experiences with those two can feel free to correct me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Patrick Chan has a big ego. In my opinion he is just not able to handle all this PR thing correctly. But how many twenty-something years old boys would be able to? I have attended many press conferences at competitions and I think I wouldn't have been able to answer to half of the questions the skaters were asked. I probably would have said something very stupid, or I am sure I would have been misunderstood. I am sure each one of us sometimes tries to say something, but somehow what we would like to say is not what we actually say. Luckily we don't have a camera in front of us, or tenths of journalists ready to write down every single word we say and to publish it in a few hours. We can just say "Sorry, actually I meant to say that..." and everything will be fine.
    I know that happens to me many times, and I am sure it happens to all of you as well.
    And I also have days when I am grumpy, or lazy, or angry about something, but behaving like an asshole for a few hours doesn't make me an asshole for my whole life.
    So I don't judge skaters by the behaviour they had during the five minutes we chatted. If they were nice with me, fine, if they weren't, well, they were at a competition. When I had University exams I was VERY grumpy and getting mad at anyone who would dare to talk to me. Still, that doesn't make me a bad person, right? Maybe some skaters can bare pressure better than others, some get grumpy, some make jokes, some get quiet and don't talk, some need to talk all the time, some need to sleep, some need to watch the tv, some need to talk, some need to be left alone...
    Nobody is perfect, neither I am, nor are the skaters.
    Good post.

vCash
    Lambiel, Joubert, Plushenko, Urmanov

vCash
    At first glance, I thought it read "SUCCESSFUL MALE FIGURE SKATERS WHO DON'T HAVE GIGANTIC EGGS"!
    I donno. Never see
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    At first glance, I thought it read "SUCCESSFUL MALE FIGURE SKATERS WHO DON'T HAVE GIGANTIC EGGS"!
    I donno. Never see
    Can we start a new thread: "Male skaters who have gigantic eggs?"
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456