Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Oh my turn!
    I have a cousin, whose neighbors, best friends, sisters, hairdresser says that Fabian Bourzat, Charlie White, Luca Lanotte and Scott Moir are all equally douchy
    But they all have great hair!

vCash
    I report what I've heard from Italian skaters, coaches and journalists.
    Kaitlyn Weaver is the sweetest girl one can figure, enthousiast, full of joie de vivre, careful towards people. When she completed her programs, she hopped all over the mixed zone in front of Camerlengo, repeating "I did it!" with sparkling eyes. So sweet. :-)
    Misha Ge is very nice and approchable, he loves to be liked. His passion for skating is incredible. He studies acting, but his true ambition is to be more a showman.
    Brezina is also very nice. He is close friend with Hotarek; during Berton/Hotarek warm ups, he takes no break keeping them company. Very involved on his friends.
    Carolina is ridiculously humble. She takes every praise and compliment with gratefulness, as she had average accomplishments and committment to her work. Her boyfriend's problems made her grow a lot. I'm not implying it changed her mind in a major way: now she is more aware than ever that sport is a chapter in her life, and she is concretely looking forward to her future family and work.
    Camerlengo, as Patrick Chan was in Detroit, asked his students to stroke like him for the same time: he was just unmatchable. Everyone here keeps arguing about his big mouth. Valentina told he is actually very humble, no superstar behaviour. He is absolutely friendly, waits for his turn of training like everyone and so on.
    Verner is a desperate case. I have the feeling he keeps attending competitions just to meet his friends and hang out with them.
    When it comes on Japanese skaters, it is a competition on who is the most down-to heart. They are all sweet like candies, which is also due to their culture and conventionalities. Italian ladies who do the commentary always give Yuzuru a teen-age bonus in this competition.
    Scott Moir is another usual target of this board. In Valentina's words he is a "personaggio": quite a character, with a genuine humor. During bus travels he and Charlie rule the show, with pranks and chats in full voice. The topic title asks about big Egos: of course he has, but he's definitely a nice and agreable man.
    Valentina hangs out a lot with Alissa, Jeremy, Adam and her fellow Krylova-Camerlengo students. She loves them so much, and is ecstatic of her choice of joining Pasquale in Detroit.
    Hope you enjoyed. I don't actually know any secret informations, but the commenting board of Italian TV is chatty, they often host skaters and coaches (once they even had Ottavio Cinquanta) and every now and then some news pop up.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tottoi View Post
    I report what I've heard from Italian skaters, coaches and journalists.
    Kaitlyn Weaver is the sweetest girl one can figure, enthousiast, full of joie de vivre, careful towards people. When she completed her programs, she hopped all over the mixed zone in front of Camerlengo, repeating "I did it!" with sparkling eyes. So sweet. :-)
    Misha Ge is very nice and approchable, he loves to be liked. His passion for skating is incredible. He studies acting, but his true ambition is to be more a showman.
    Brezina is also very nice. He is close friend with Hotarek; during Berton/Hotarek warm ups, he takes no break keeping them company. Very involved on his friends.
    Carolina is ridiculously humble. She takes every praise and compliment with gratefulness, as she had average accomplishments and committment to her work. Her boyfriend's problems made her grow a lot. I'm not implying it changed her mind in a major way: now she is more aware than ever that sport is a chapter in her life, and she is concretely looking forward to her future family and work.
    Camerlengo, as Patrick Chan was in Detroit, asked his students to stroke like him for the same time: he was just unmatchable. Everyone here keeps arguing about his big mouth. Valentina told he is actually very humble, no superstar behaviour. He is absolutely friendly, waits for his turn of training like everyone and so on.
    Verner is a desperate case. I have the feeling he keeps attending competitions just to meet his friends and hang out with them.
    When it comes on Japanese skaters, it is a competition on who is the most down-to heart. They are all sweet like candies, which is also due to their culture and conventionalities. Italian ladies who do the commentary always give Yuzuru a teen-age bonus in this competition.
    Scott Moir is another usual target of this board. In Valentina's words he is a "personaggio": quite a character, with a genuine humor. During bus travels he and Charlie rule the show, with pranks and chats in full voice. The topic title asks about big Egos: of course he has, but he's definitely a nice and agreable man.
    Valentina hangs out a lot with Alissa, Jeremy, Adam and her fellow Krylova-Camerlengo students. She loves them so much, and is ecstatic of her choice of joining Pasquale in Detroit.
    Hope you enjoyed. I don't actually know any secret informations, but the commenting board of Italian TV is chatty, they often host skaters and coaches (once they even had Ottavio Cinquanta) and every now and then some news pop up.

vCash
    Now really... Raisport's commentators???
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahshi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ostile17 View Post
    Now really... Raisport's commentators???
    Why such reaction? They, Valentina Marchei or Tottoi are not claiming to know everything about those skaters. These are just impressions from meeting them that anyone who has met some skaters could have, regardless of the depth of their knowledge about figure skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tottoi View Post
    Scott Moir is another usual target of this board. In Valentina's words he is a "personaggio": quite a character, with a genuine humor. During bus travels he and Charlie rule the show, with pranks and chats in full voice.
    So, Scott Moir and Charlie White are equally douchy. Good call, sequins!

vCash
    Kurt? you jest Kurt cannot complete a sentence when commentating without inserting himself into it. Unreal.

For non ego: Brian Orser and Jeff Buttle

vCash
    Honestly, I don't think Patrick Chan has a big ego. In my opinion he is just not able to handle all this PR thing correctly. But how many twenty-something years old boys would be able to? I have attended many press conferences at competitions and I think I wouldn't have been able to answer to half of the questions the skaters were asked. I probably would have said something very stupid, or I am sure I would have been misunderstood. I am sure each one of us sometimes tries to say something, but somehow what we would like to say is not what we actually say. Luckily we don't have a camera in front of us, or tenths of journalists ready to write down every single word we say and to publish it in a few hours. We can just say "Sorry, actually I meant to say that..." and everything will be fine.
    I know that happens to me many times, and I am sure it happens to all of you as well.
    And I also have days when I am grumpy, or lazy, or angry about something, but behaving like an asshole for a few hours doesn't make me an asshole for my whole life.
    So I don't judge skaters by the behaviour they had during the five minutes we chatted. If they were nice with me, fine, if they weren't, well, they were at a competition. When I had University exams I was VERY grumpy and getting mad at anyone who would dare to talk to me. Still, that doesn't make me a bad person, right? Maybe some skaters can bare pressure better than others, some get grumpy, some make jokes, some get quiet and don't talk, some need to talk all the time, some need to sleep, some need to watch the tv, some need to talk, some need to be left alone...
    Nobody is perfect, neither I am, nor are the skaters.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post
    so that explains charlie's ""In our minds we were champions because of the way we skated" comment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    How has no one mentioned Johnny Weir yet?

Has to be one of the most egotistical skaters out there.
    I've interviewed Johnny many (at least a half-dozen) times, granted not recently, and he has never come across as egotistical to me (neither has Evan btw, but he has been a snoozefest).

Figure skaters aren't only elite athletes, but they are performers too. They have to project a sense of confidence and assuredness.

For me an ego is boastful, someone who claims he'll land two 4A and no one can touch him. I've yet to meet a skater like that.

vCash
    Definitely Mark Ladwig is one of the nicest persons you could ever know ... totally selfless, considerate, and humble. Also, although I do not know him personally, Rudy Swiegers (who gave Mark Ladwig his skates to wear when Mark's blade broke during the Pair SP program at the 2011 Four Continents competition) displayed one of the greatest acts of sportsmanship ever seen! http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46094

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Definitely Mark Ladwig is one of the nicest persons you could ever know ... totally selfless, considerate, and humble. Also, although I do not know him personally, Rudy Swiegers (who gave Mark Ladwig his skates to wear when Mark's blade broke during the Pair SP program at the 2011 Four Continents competition) displayed one of the greatest acts of sportsmanship ever seen! http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46094
    ITA re: Mark Ladwig! I haven't met Rudy S., but I'll bet he's one of the good guys too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i knew someone was gonna say this
    im pretty sure the reason why scott comes off as egotistical is because he has to be confident for both himself and for tessa (because she isnt) and i think that shows how much he respects her. that odd look he gave at the 4cc kiss and cry was probably because he believed that tessa risked her health for their fd and that tessa isnt getting enough credit for what she is doing. scott knows his position in his partnership with tessa and he knows he is nothing without her. he even admitted that he's shit compared to tessa. IIRC egotistical can be defined as someone who thinks they are better than everyone and scott doesnt fit the bill because he cares about and respects tessa too much. im sorry but an egotiscial person would never care so much for someone more than they care about themselves. if scott was the egotistical dbag y'all make him out to be he would've left tessa back in 2009.
    I can't believe how funny your posts are. Hysterical.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Olivier Schoenfelder ?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I can't believe how funny your posts are. Hysterical.
    I try my best!

vCash
    I'm old-fashioned. I think a man who believes in himself and has a healthy ego is attractive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I think PChiddy is a pretty humble, but very impressive young man. I think he's taken a lot of bad press for the judges over whom he has no control, and handles himself well.
    I totally agree, but haterz will be haterz
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    I'm old-fashioned. I think a man who believes in himself and has a healthy ego is attractive.
    I also like men with healthy egos. If anyone can do something well, they should personally acknowledge it and celebrate it.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I also like men with healthy egos. If anyone can do something well, they should personally acknowledge it and celebrate it.
    Thank you for your input. The thread is about "gigantic" egos. I agree, it is good to have a "healthy" ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post
    Oh but it wasn't me, didn't you read? It was the hairdresser

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast