Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    From my experience, Jeff Buttle is the most non-egotistical man in his outward persona I have encountered who also finished on top at a worlds.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    David Jenkins

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Trankov Plushenko and Moir are especially humble.
    surely you jest!

vCash
    Kozuka and Hanyu! Both so sweet and seem so softspoken, respectful, not stuck up at all.

Also, Fernandez has a lot of confidence, but he's never come off as entitled or egotistical IMO. He seems like a genuinely nice, sunny person.

Josh Farris is just starting to make a name for himself but in the interviews and press conferences at Nationals, he seemed shy and actually pretty dorky (still love your skating Josh!) but yeah, no big ego there either.

vCash
    Oda and Kozuka. And Denis Ten.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    surely you jest!
    i knew someone was gonna say this
    im pretty sure the reason why scott comes off as egotistical is because he has to be confident for both himself and for tessa (because she isnt) and i think that shows how much he respects her. that odd look he gave at the 4cc kiss and cry was probably because he believed that tessa risked her health for their fd and that tessa isnt getting enough credit for what she is doing. scott knows his position in his partnership with tessa and he knows he is nothing without her. he even admitted that he's shit compared to tessa. IIRC egotistical can be defined as someone who thinks they are better than everyone and scott doesnt fit the bill because he cares about and respects tessa too much. im sorry but an egotiscial person would never care so much for someone more than they care about themselves. if scott was the egotistical dbag y'all make him out to be he would've left tessa back in 2009.
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-22-2013 at 06:59 AM.

vCash
    I think PChiddy is a pretty humble, but very impressive young man. I think he's taken a lot of bad press for the judges over whom he has no control, and handles himself well.

vCash
    I see.

vCash
    Javier Fernandez ins not called Javier the humble for no reason.
    Stephane Lambiel in another one.

vCash
    Of the skaters we've met - Kurt, Todd, Ilia, Charlie, Ben, Ross, Armin, Keegan, Jeff, the Shibs, The Kerrs, ...

Of skaters we haven't met, but of whom we have good impressions of in terms of humility - Taka K., Javier, Daisuke, Midori ...
    Last edited by paskatefan; 03-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I think PChiddy is a pretty humble, but very impressive young man. I think he's taken a lot of bad press for the judges over whom he has no control, and handles himself well.
    I might have put Chan in the "big ego" group.

Definitely Moir. Trash-talking about other skaters is the biggest clue to an over-active ego, in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    im pretty sure the reason why scott comes off as egotistical is because he has to be confident for both himself and for tessa (because she isnt) and i think that shows how much he respects her. that odd look he gave at the 4cc kiss and cry was probably because he believed that tessa risked her health for their fd and that tessa isnt getting enough credit for what she is doing. scott knows his position in his partnership with tessa and he knows he is nothing without her. he even admitted that he's shit compared to tessa. IIRC egotistical can be defined as someone who thinks they are better than everyone and scott doesnt fit the bill because he cares about and respects tessa too much. im sorry but an egotiscial person would never care so much for someone more than they care about themselves. if scott was the egotistical dbag y'all make him out to be he would've left tessa back in 2009.

vCash
    Javer Fernandez, Ondrej Hotarek, Luca Lanotte, Tomas Verner, Jeremy Abbott, Michal Brezina, etc etc
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    He is not humble at all, you must be kidding. He is the total oppsoite of that.

vCash
    The ones that come to my mind are Jeff Buttle, Stephane Lambiel, and Daisuke Takahashi. Todd Eldridge too.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post
    I might have put Chan in the "big ego" group.

Definitely Moir. Trash-talking about other skaters is the biggest clue to an over-active ego, in my opinion.
    who was he trash talking anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Of the skaters we've met - Kurt, Todd, Ilia, Charlie, Ben, Ross, Armin, Keegan, Jeff, the Shibs, The Kerrs, ...

Of skaters we haven't met, but of whom we have good impressions of in terms of humility - Taka K., Javier, Daisuke, Midori ...

oh yes definately
    charlie "In our minds we were champions because of the way we skated," white is sooooooo humble

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    i suggest you watch ice sweat and tears. maybe when you realize scott's "piss off" comment was a giant joke, you will can offer a constructive response to my comment.
    really i wouldn't call someone who laughs at themselves when they say stupid shit egotistical. last time i checked someone who was egotistical wasnt self aware of their faults

vCash
    Kevin Reynolds, if he's considered successful.

vCash
    Urmanov. Sportscasters were always describing him as a "nice young man" on American tv. ...in the days when they broadcast Skate America, the Goodwill Games et al.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    So, he cares for Tessa. That doesn't change the thing he's an arrogant douchebag with a gigantic ego. He's proven that many times. And even if he doesn't think he's better than Tessa, he sure as hell thinks he's better than everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    So, he cares for Tessa. That doesn't change the thing he's an arrogant douchebag with a gigantic ego. He's proven that many times. And even if he doesn't think he's better than Tessa, he sure as hell thinks he's better than everyone else.
    Perfectly stated!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast