Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    its truly a shame that the isu doesn't know what real artistry/creativity is anymore

maybe if they recycled more of their lifts and did the same set of twizzles that they've been doing for the past five years they've would've won
    Recycling is environmentally friendly! Perhaps the judges prefer twizzles and lifts and choreo that can be well executed as opposed to seeing the same old tiresome romance/love/passion theme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineSkater View Post
    Recycling is environmentally friendly! Perhaps the judges prefer twizzles and lifts and choreo that can be well executed as opposed to seeing the same old tiresome romance/love/passion theme.
    You want to say that Davis/White's FD was not a love theme? And that Virtue/Moir's FD twizzles, lifts and choreo were not well executed? They had some problems with the final choreo lift indeed, but that was changed by Worlds, and also the kicking move that Tessa had problems with in the beginning was perfected by the second half of the season. Other than that I didn't see any problems with execution, and apparently neither did the judges at the Worlds as their GOEs were either the second highest, equal to Davis/White, or in the case of the rotational lift - even the highest in the whole competition, and their Peformance/Execution mark was also equal to Davis/White's.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash

Since were on the topic of recycling, you wanna know what else is recyclable? cardboard! perhaps if other dance teams take the same direction as your current world champions and create programs that have the same appeal as cardboard maybe they would be more successful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    You want to say that Davis/White's FD was not a love theme? And that Virtue/Moir's FD twizzles, lifts and choreo were not well executed? They had some problems with the final choreo lift indeed, but that was changed by Worlds, and also the kicking move that Tessa had problems with in the beginning was perfected by the second half of the season. Other than that I didn't see any problems with execution, and apparently neither did the judges at the Worlds as their GOEs were either the second highest, equal to Davis/White, or in the case of the rotational lift - even the highest in the whole competition, and their Peformance/Execution mark was also equal to Davis/White's.
    Laura sweetie, do not put words in my mouth. I didn't say D/W wasn't a love theme, nor did I say VM weren't well executed by season's end. I was poking fun at rainbowkisses for trying to diss DW's elements. I'm not going to try to rationalize with irrational thinking. I'm disturbed at all the backhanded comments of VM ubers trying to make themselves feel better about the results of the season. Heaven forbid anyone critique your favorite's, but it's perfectly acceptable for others to try to break down Davis and White. VM have moved on, so should you all.

Getting this thread back on track and out of the land of denial...

Oly season suggestions...

For Russian themed composers, Prokofiev's Suggestion Diabolique is pretty cool, the orchestral arrangement, not the piano solo.
    Shostakovich's Fire of Eternal Glory has a nice theme and build to a huge impact.

Non Russian music...

Bernstein's Make our Garden Grow from Candide
    Overture from Sweeney Todd (nice character piece for men)
    Something from Holst's Planets
    Music for Prague

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post

Since were on the topic of recycling, you wanna know what else is recyclable? cardboard! perhaps if other dance teams take the same direction as your current world champions and create programs that have the same appeal as cardboard maybe they would be more successful!
    Mmm hmm. More successful? Which team is on an upward trajectory? Which team has been passed both technically and artistically? (I'm talking in the minds of judges, not biased fans). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad or cardboard.

Kisses to you Rainbow. You're a gem. Keep on spouting vitriol, I'm sure it helps you sleep better at night.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Could we not turn this into a D/W bashing thread? This is supposed to be about potential choreography and music. Good lord.

vCash
    Has anyone ever skated to Manon by Massenet? I was thinking that particularly the bedroom pas de deux and the final pas de deux could work.

I'd also like to see Kostner skate to Danse des Foulardes from La Bayadere.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Mmm hmm. More successful? Which team is on an upward trajectory? Which team has been passed both technically and artistically? (I'm talking in the minds of judges, not biased fans). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad or cardboard.

Kisses to you Rainbow. You're a gem. Keep on spouting vitriol, I'm sure it helps you sleep better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Could we not turn this into a D/W bashing thread? This is supposed to be about potential choreography and music. Good lord.
    who said we were bashing d/w? we were just talking about CoP
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-25-2013 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    I think the village idiot is lost from V-M tread. I am lucky I find it in this tread. It keep getting lost more and more

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    I think the village idiot is lost from V-M tread. I am lucky I find it in this tread. It keep getting lost more and more
    be careful who you call a village idiot/fool . as shakespeare once said, its better to be a "witty fool than a foolish wit"

vCash
    look like it want to stay here for some time. good luck to everyone.

vCash
    Okay, seriously, take it back to your own threads, please. This stupid fight doesn't need to be everywhere. Or you can just PM each other until you're blue in the face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Brown - Ward for one program, try something new for the other program. I think Carlemango would be a good pick, or Dickson. And I hope he doesn't keep either of his programs from this season, did not like Prince and Liebestraume, while beautiful, I found sleep-inducing and a bit effeminate. I want to see him do a fast-paced "fun" FS this time around and something slower and more lyrical for the SP.
    *sigh* Again with the gender boxes. Can we ditch the narrow-minded "effeminate" and "masculine" definitions? Jason's LP was very beautiful and graceful and lyrical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Music from the ballet ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Karenina_(Eifman) ) or the 2012 film soundtrack by Dario Marianelli?
    I'm not sure, but I think it was the soundtrack. He posted a couple of videos on his vk, I put them in the Russia thread in GSD, I'll have to go find them again.

vCash
    Gracie Gold - 1812 Overture.

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    Here's a variety:

"To Build a Home" by Cinematic Orchestra, featured SYTYCDC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbq3LdbNgbs#t=94s
    Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjc59FgUpg

"Love Story Meets Viva La Vida" by Jon Schmidt, featuring Benji Schwimmer from SYTYCD fame
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILO3JTsATnI
    Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2wa1qEkC-8

"What About Us" by ATB, from SYTYCDC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONcVJSpm1OU
    Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hfuocvEI

"Orquestra" - remix of some sort from ABDC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hfuocvEI

"Siamsa" by Ronan Hardiman (I think it's less performed)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daRmK5GjyAI

???? Probably a custom composition/arrangement but it's already 4 minutes long!!! (cinematic/sweeping)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1u45L9sSyM

???? For those wanting something oriental
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lsFq8yeY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASsp7L7EZg

Folk tune - Oriental
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnIRsBreJE
    "Originals": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzuDo2vg0E, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbK_NMb77M

"In the Middle Somewhat Elevated" from William Forsythe's "Impressing the Czar", music by Thom Willems
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCUpEEqPSU

vCash
    Well it is obvious that Carolina will stay with Lori and make another masterpiece

I hope Mao has 1 or 2 programs from lori as well. Her sp this year was fantastic.

Ashley and Gracie need to immediately fire their choreographers. I can see both of them doing good programs from David Wilson or Camerlengo.

Akiko should stay with Camerlengo and Krylova

I think the russian ladies need to go to someone like David Wilson or Marina Zueva

I hate Tom dickson's Choreography. I dont think anyone should use him

vCash
    I think it was Sylvia who posted elsewhere that Ashley is working with ShaeLynn Bourne on an exhibition program. No way she doesn't use David Mills for her FS this year, they probably have it half done, but I'm hoping her work with Bourne introduces energy to her quality of movement.

It sounds crazy, but I would love to see Ashley use pieces of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5ruiXsOv4 with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9apYg0pskg for her SP.

I could see Gracie using something by Aaron Copeland to good effect, but please god...new choreographer. I mean, I'm assuming the flaws with her current programs are the choreographer's fault. Maybe that's all she can handle, I dunno. And I'm stealing this from someone else, but Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto would be great for her, too.

Would love to see the following:

*Mao skate to Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2. I would die and go to heaven if her SP was to Fur Elise.

*Yuna and Bach's Cello Suite no. 1 for her SP.

*Anyone who can dance skate to songs from Depeche Mode's "Some Great Reward."

And it's another old warhorse, but I would love to see a dance team use Aranjuez. I mean, you can just HEAR the twizzles, can't you?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Laura sweetie, do not put words in my mouth. I didn't say D/W wasn't a love theme, nor did I say VM weren't well executed by season's end. I was poking fun at rainbowkisses for trying to diss DW's elements. I'm not going to try to rationalize with irrational thinking. I'm disturbed at all the backhanded comments of VM ubers trying to make themselves feel better about the results of the season. Heaven forbid anyone critique your favorite's, but it's perfectly acceptable for others to try to break down Davis and White. VM have moved on, so should you all.

Getting this thread back on track and out of the land of denial...
    One again, I am not sweetie for you . I don't know what is it with those people who think that they can speak like this to other people whom they don't know . As for "irrational" thinking - probably I was a bit too suspicious, but certainly not irrational. It was not difficult to assume that you could be hinting at what I wrote considering that elsewhere I've read opinions like that expressed in a direct way. Also, I personally haven't made any backhanded comments about Davis/White, and I haven't tried to deny their win as I agree with it. I am not even a Virtue/Moir uber in the way that many others are - I am merely a moderate fan. But I am all for objectivity (and saying that V/M didn't execute their FD elements well, or that D/W didn't have a love theme in their FD would not be objective).

I completely agree with the last sentence. Being "passed artistically" is debatable though. After all, judges are human too, and they too can be biased for one reason or another. Being surpassed technically is debatable too - if we look at the SD levels during the whole season we can see that overall the two teams have been pretty much equal. As for the FD, I think that "surpassed" is too big a word for a difference of 0.80 and 0.47 points in the technical and components score accordingly. Also, as for technique, it's difficult not to agree that Davis/White have recycled some of their elements a bit more than Virtue/Moir which has made it a bit easier for them - of course, it's also being smart, as some others say. To be clear, I am not saying that Tessa and Scott are better than Meryl and Charlie - just trying to be objective again. But I think we can end it here - or if you want to reply you can PM me as michiruwater suggested.

vCash
    Oi, D/M and V/W fans, GTFO back to your own threads please.

Sylvia, I found the videos - I'm not sure if it's the ballet or the movie music. Anyone able to work it out (from two 40-second clips, ah...)

It's a post on tumblr that the videos are embedded into. It looks nice already!

vCash
    I think Wagner's Mills programs so far have worked - my bone to pick with her programs this season is that the timing was too tight.

Take her short for instance. I get that they wanted to put 2 passes in the second half, but because of that, she had so little time left for the steps and the final spin that they were all rushed and unfinished. Most times she skated to the short this season, she barely finished her spin when the final chord struck and that's why she always missed a level.

Her long as well - everything was timed wonderfully until the choreographic sequence - she had so little time left that she could barely hold her Charlotte and spread eagle . In the debut version at Japan Open, there was also a little forward spiral to follow but it had since disappeared. It would also have been a good spot for a falling leaf (like the one she did at the end of Black Swan) but again she didn't have time for that. The coverage of the whole sequence was very limited. [Contrast this to Asada's fantastic, full rink length (and a half rink length more) choreographic sequence that was timed perfectly to the music to end the program.] And again for Samson & Delilah, the final spin was very rushed and always missing a level. Her endings also looked rushed and unfinished.

Mills really needs to work this out with her because this affects both the final impression she gives the judges as well as her spin levels.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast