Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    I am willing to bet money that Zoueva is going to pick a Romeo and Juliette type of program for V/M. and that it will snow next winter.
    after this season, idts. tessa and scott even said it themselves they are not going to go for a mahler-like program

however, i wouldnt be surprise if zoueva lets D/W skate to les miserables next season

vCash
    I hope skaters and choreographers are reading this thread.

I would die if someone skated to Arturo Marquez:

Conga del Fuego: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mutfzl6qg

Danzon No. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mutfzl6qg

He's a wonderful Mexican composer, and gives that "Latin" flair without being Carmen, Espana Cani, Aranjuez, or the now overused Galicia Flamenco.

Listen, I think you'll like it. It'll work for dance and singles.
    Last edited by all_empty; 03-22-2013 at 05:27 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    however, i wouldnt be surprise if zoueva lets D/W skate to les miserables next season
    Meryl needs to skate to Pocahontas.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    part of me wants tessa and scott to dance to firebird because like phoenixes rising from the ashes they will win gold in sochi

eta:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    totally! i wonder what culturally appropriative accessory she can wear this time
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-22-2013 at 06:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I have always thought that they should do a Lord of the Rings program because she has such an elfin face.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    Ugh please no more Carmen!

Rachmaninov's 2nd Symphony- i think this could work well for a pair, maybe V/T?

Agree about Carmen, but PLEASE.........No Rach for V&T. It's a guarantee for a silver medal, not gold.

vCash
    after this season, idts. tessa and scott even said it themselves they are not going to go for a mahler-like program

IMO Les Mis music really suits D&W.

My most favorite V&M program was their Mahler program. I did not care for Funny face at all.

vCash
    I'm listening to "Prelude to War" right now, and I agree with those who have suggested Kostner and Takahashi. Some moments in the music seem perfect for Kostner, while others for Takahashi.

I can just imagine Takahashi's passionate footwork with a lot of the piece.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I hope Virtue and Moir go for a romantic or mahler program, imo that's the best way to win back their OGM. They pull it off in a way that no one else can. I love Carmen, but I think that kind of program is really challenging to fit into COP, hence some losses (I don't think they deserved the losses necessarily, but that's a whole other story) this year.

I'm torn between hoping Ashley sticks with what she knows (Mills) or goes to a different choreographer. I believe he's basically her main coach so I can't see her ditching him as choreographer. They've worked well together although I think she would be better with someone else as choreographer. Then again, she wouldn't get the constant input on choreography from Mills which allows her programs to evolve over the season. The jury is out.

Finally, I hope Duhamel/Radford go for something like their LP from the year before this one. I really did not like this years LP, I think it was the music but I really don't think it did much for them imo. Even with clean performances they couldn't shine the way they did in the previous LP.

vCash
    Here's Surpass for Max Aron! The intense and powerful music will suit his power skating.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I hope Virtue and Moir go for a romantic or mahler program, imo that's the best way to win back their OGM. They pull it off in a way that no one else can. I love Carmen, but I think that kind of program is really challenging to fit into COP, hence some losses (I don't think they deserved the losses necessarily, but that's a whole other story) this year.

I'm torn between hoping Ashley sticks with what she knows (Mills) or goes to a different choreographer. I believe he's basically her main coach so I can't see her ditching him as choreographer. They've worked well together although I think she would be better with someone else as choreographer. Then again, she wouldn't get the constant input on choreography from Mills which allows her programs to evolve over the season. The jury is out.

Finally, I hope Duhamel/Radford go for something like their LP from the year before this one. I really did not like this years LP, I think it was the music but I really don't think it did much for them imo. Even with clean performances they couldn't shine the way they did in the previous LP.
    Carmen was fabulous, but I agree it was hard to fit into the COP. I'm thinking V/M will have ballet next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    I am willing to bet money that Zoueva is going to pick a Romeo and Juliette type of program for V/M. and that it will snow next winter.
    Anna Karenina soundtrack

vCash
    Nagasu - Carlemango. No more Nichol please, she needs something up-tempo for her FS, strong, something that will push her to skate with speed and verve.
    Farris - I'd like to see him work with Buttle (whom he is very reminiscent of for me, I think it would be a good match), and maybe Dickson or Mills for the FS. I don't mind if he self-choreographs a SP with Damon Allen's help again but I think he really needs a high brow choreographer for the FS now that he's a senior man. I'd like to see one character driven, upbeat program and the other one can be more modern dance-y tortured artist like in style because I know he seems to like that... Or, I think he'd be great with a waltz, Shostakovich or Strauss in particular, I'm thinking.
    Brown - Ward for one program, try something new for the other program. I think Carlemango would be a good pick, or Dickson. And I hope he doesn't keep either of his programs from this season, did not like Prince and Liebestraume, while beautiful, I found sleep-inducing and a bit effeminate. I want to see him do a fast-paced "fun" FS this time around and something slower and more lyrical for the SP.
    Abbott - Wilson for one program and then self-choreo for the other. Again, upbeat for the FS and if he wants a slow lyrical program have it be the SP.
    Wagner - Stick with Mills. I like when she does the seductress acting so umm maybe a tango or she could do something from Don Q or Paquita and portray a sexy Spanish seniorita. No Carmen though please.
    Tuk - I don't care who the choreographer is but hoping for less heavy and depressing programs please!
    Sotnikova - TAT can do one program but I'd rather her not do both, and please no scatting, classical is a better vehicle I think.
    Gold - anyone but Scott Brown for choreo, maybe Wilson or Nichol would be a good choice. Powerful music to suit her skating, and programs that are less random than her FS this season. I'd like to see her take on a waltz.
    Miner - Dickson I think, something that really pushes him to be lyrical and snap him out of those stiff airplane arms. No more boring classical selections, I wanna see Ross skate to something fun! (and by fun I don't mean white boy Samba either)

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Anna Karenina soundtrack
    anna karenina is perhaps the worst ost dario marianelli has done (honestly when i first heard the ost i was like "this doesnt sound like dario marianelli at all"). if they are going to dance to dario marianelli soudtrack they should dance to the atonement soundtrack. although the isu will probably find an excuse to deem it "not uplifting enough" (stupid rule). it is quite dark but i could easily image a step sequence being choreographed to the typewriter sounds. i can also really picture v/m dancing to the "out of africa" soundtrack. but idk if that will work

Quote Originally Posted by icefan1005 View Post
    Carmen was fabulous, but I agree it was hard to fit into the COP. I'm thinking V/M will have ballet next season.
    its quite a shame really that CoP favours recycled and plain choreography over distinct and innovative choreography.
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    anna karenina is perhaps the worst ost dario marianelli has done (honestly when i first heard the ost i was like "this doesnt sound like dario marianelli at all")
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4qp7z-j50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HfjC...ailpage#t=328s

Banned Member
    vCash
    OHHH
    i thought everyone was talking about the movie soundtrack i didn't know there was a ballet

anyways those lifts are spetacular! i can totally picture v/m doing them. btw has any other skater danced to anna karenina? i hope they don't have any problems with the music. because i remember watching wch and during the "skaters life" segment they said that a music editor had to add more bass to carmen so it could fit with the rules of CoP
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-24-2013 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    OHHH
    i thought everyone was talking about the movie soundtrack i didn't know there was a ballet

anyways those lifts are spetacular! i can totally picture v/m doing them. btw has any other skater danced to anna karenina? i hope they don't have any problems with the music. because i remember watching wch and during the "skaters life" segment they said that a music editor had to add more bass to carmen so it could fit with the rules of CoP
    No. Nobody used ballet Karenina before. There is Tchaikovsky and Schedrin music.

vCash

its quite a shame really that CoP favours recycled and plain choreography over distinct and innovative choreography.
    I know...even when you water down distinct and innovative choreography over the course of a season and still get beat both technically and artistically, it's a true shame.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SidelineSkater View Post
    I know...even when you water down distinct and innovative choreography over the course of a season and still get beat both technically and artistically, it's a true shame.
    its truly a shame that the isu doesn't know what real artistry/creativity is anymore

maybe if they recycled more of their lifts and did the same set of twizzles that they've been doing for the past five years they've would've won

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Well, if we're talking general Olympic-season programs, I'm looking forward to seeing Gachinski's "Anna Karenina" LP.
    Music from the ballet ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Karenina_(Eifman) ) or the 2012 film soundtrack by Dario Marianelli?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast