Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Early music and choreographer suggestions for Olympic programs

If Yuna does not use Firebird, I want Ashley to use it. [I have an eerie feeling that one of them will use Carmen ] I doubt either will switch choreographers next year.

I am happy if Mao and Carolina recycle their program from this season, especially Carolina who only used Bolero for half a season. Frankly I think I am going to enjoy whatever program Kostner comes up with anyway. Lori Nichol has only given her masterpieces lately so I am happy for this pairing.

I don't have any preference for Mao but would strongly advise against anything heavy. Sandra Bezic or Lee Ann Miller may produce some good old school programs for her. Please only let TAT do a short program (if that).

I think Akiko and Mozart will go well together and I have loved what Camerlengo did with her so I think I am going to be happy no matter what.

Gracie and Li Zijun should try out with Tom Dickson or Jeff Buttle and Murakami with Sarah Kawahara.

I love Osmond's programs. Who did them?

No more Morosov or Nichol (except for Kostner) programs please.

vCash
    i want to see osmond do tosca for her long. i think she can pull it off.

vCash
    Well, if we're talking general Olympic-season programs, I'm looking forward to seeing Gachinski's "Anna Karenina" LP.

And while I'm not normally a fan of repeating programs, please let Brown keep Liebestraume.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    At first I thought this was about suggesting Early Music for people to skate to. I wish it was!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I am willing to bet money that Zoueva is going to pick a Romeo and Juliette type of program for V/M. and that it will snow next winter.

Princess Glee (TM)
    vCash
    I'd like Evan Lysacek to use this song for his SP.
    Men and I are like pianos - when they get upright, I feel grand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I love Osmond's programs. Who did them?
    Lance Vipond - he's been working with her for many years (ETA: since she 10 years old). There's more about his background in this 2009 article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-21-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I want anyone who can do justice to it to skate to Roslin & Adama.

Which will not happen, because nobody will probably skate to it. But I can keep making up my own routines in my head...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

Which will not happen, because nobody will probably skate to it. But I can keep making up my own routines in my head...
    I can just see Daisuke having a wonderful skate to this music. He could carry off the strength of the music. Few others could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If Yuna does not use Firebird, I want Ashley to use it. [SIZE=1][I have an eerie feeling that one of them will use Carmen ]
    Ugh please no more Carmen! And I'd wish for no more from the Burlesque soundtrack either, for some bizarre reason that seemed to be popular this season.

I don't necessarily have skaters in mind for all of these but a couple of music selections:

Shostakovich's Festive overture- I've been wanting someone to skate to this since playing it in high school band. It would be challenging and some arrangements of it are too fast, but I keep hoping....

Rachmaninov's 2nd Symphony- i think this could work well for a pair, maybe V/T?

Certain selections from the Finding Neverland soundtrack that I have stitched together in my head. I desperately want Sotnikova to get better programs next year so she's the first to pop in my head, but this would work for a number of the younger ladies I think.

vCash
    I've been playing that game re: choreographers... though shouldn't it be in the Trash Can?
    Takahashi- LP- Kenji Miyamoto;
    Brown- should stick with Ward, though I would not mind him going elsewhere for the SP ( Lambiel, Wilson, Dickson?)
    I'd love for Farris to go to Buttle for the LP. I think it would be a great match. SP- he coulf do himself with Allen.
    Gold- go to Lori N.
    Abbott- do LP on his own, for SP... I would try Miyamoto or Buttle.
    Wagner- I'd love her to go to Dickson for one of the programs. She's mature and exprerienced enough to do it.
    Mirai- Dickson one program, Camerlengo another ( to see what they can bring out of her).
    Patrick will probably keep the SP. For LP, I would ot mind him going back to Nichol; comfort zone will be important for him in the Olympic year.
    Adelina is likely to stay with TAT; so does Mao.
    What great choreographers am I missing?

Some people are so set, that seems changes would not be happening.
    Carolina and Denis will stay with Lori, and it's a great match.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelfsfan View Post
    I'd like Evan Lysacek to use this song for his SP.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post

That's a fantastic choice. I love BG's music.

I always imagine "Prelude To War" as a great SP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs

vCash
    I have this mental picture of Jeremy portraying a Greek/Roman warrior on ice !!

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net...r-costumea.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsE_Jfi5r3s

It would be something different and totally new for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

For who, though. That is such an intense piece of music. I love it, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Carolina and Denis will stay with Lori, and it's a great match.
    I am not sure about Denis - he worked with Lambiel on his 2010/2011 SP, the next season Denis wanted to work with him again, but didn't get a visa in time, then this last season Lambiel did his exhibition number, and also helped polish his SP and LP/FS. Recently Lambiel said that he is going to work with three skaters on their choreo after this season. I imagine that one of them could be Ten. Of course, it can be just for another exhibition, but a competition program is also possible. I doubt that other high level skaters would try out a completely new and comparatively inexperienced choreographer for the Olympic season, probably except for a gala program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    What great choreographers am I missing...
    To go slightly off topic, whatever happened to Peter Tchernyshev and Brayden Overett as choreographers?? Both seemed destined to be the next big "it" person, but really haven't heard their names for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post

Me, too, actually, or an LP (probably better as an SP though), but yeah, the skater would need to be super intense and, IMO, have big jumps to pull it off. So maybe Chan on a very good day, or Takahashi again, or Kostner. Kostner might be the best, actually, I could see her doing justice to it.

I have to admit, I always pictured a female figure skater (okay, I always pictured Sasha, let's be honest) doing Roslin & Adama with a gorgeous circular foot sequence when the guitar comes in at the end and some kind of jump - a stag jump, split falling leaf, or russian split - at the climax of the big crescendo in there, but the idea of Takahashi intrigues me as well. Czisny could probably do a lovely performance to it but I'd prefer someone I could watch without having a nervous breakdown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    To go slightly off topic, whatever happened to Peter Tchernyshev and Brayden Overett as choreographers?? Both seemed destined to be the next big "it" person, but really haven't heard their names for awhile.
    Tchernyshev choreographs for K/S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I am not sure about Denis - he worked with Lambiel on his 2010/2011 SP, the next season Denis wanted to work with him again, but didn't get a visa in time, then this last season Lambiel did his exhibition number, and also helped polish his SP and LP/FS. Recently Lambiel said that he is going to work with three skaters on their choreo after this season. I imagine that one of them could be Ten. Of course, it can be just for another exhibition, but a competition program is also possible. I doubt that other high level skaters would try out a completely new and comparatively inexperienced choreographer for the Olympic season, probably except for a gala program.
    I hope you are right! We have not seen much of Stephane's work yet, and I'd love to see more.
    Also, does Salome Brunner work with anybody these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Tchernyshev choreographs for K/S.
    ... and skates in Russian shows and probably lives quite a high society life being married to Russian actress Anastasia Zavorotnyuk. I have not heard what they are up to recently, though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast