Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    She is also such a nice women. So humble, gracious even when judges screw her badly like NHK this year, respectful, and kind. A wonderful human being.

vCash
    Photos from Akiko's twitter. She participated in Team Japan Camp in Armenia. Other than Akiko, Oda, Machida and Miyahara were there. Also Lambiel was there as a temporary coach. They spent a week and already back in Japan.
    https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...98531709681664
    https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...97360971886592
    https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...19042206269440
    https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/sta...48098042085376
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

vCash
    Agree with many who compliment her character. This is maturity, which through ups and downs, has enabled her to take the high road and be gracious. The audiences sense this in her and is why many admire her so, even beyond just her heartfelt skating performances. Character matters.

vCash
    Here is Akiko Suzuki's new long program posted on Youtube from the Finlandia Trophy practices. Bringing her A-game with 5 triples and a beautiful 2A-3T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn4trPREok

vCash
    I love how the program peaks. I hope this music lifts her to success this season.

Nitpicks: I do wish she could point her toe at the peak of the music I love the leap following it however

vCash
    I loved her SP today in Finlandia! Such a lightness and feel of the music.
    In the press conference after the SP. she was asked what is her advice to the younger skaters, like Lipiniskaya. She said that she learns from the oyungsters all the time, but adviced all to take care of their healt in this demanding sport.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If I am granted one wish about the Olympics it would be that she medals.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Here is Akiko Suzuki's new long program posted on Youtube from the Finlandia Trophy practices. Bringing her A-game with 5 triples and a beautiful 2A-3T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn4trPREok
    Thanks for this. She looks great. Maybe the music is a little over used at this point but I imagine the program will shine even more once I see her competing it.
    I really loved her old Fiddler on the Roof program as well.

vCash
    Akiko's short program from Finlandia Trophy was amazing! It's already grown considerably since when she debuted it at an ice show in the summer . I still think it is a masterpiece.

And yes rfisher, I have the same wish as you :] I also love the last seconds of her new LP where she blows a kiss to the audience. I would bawl my eyes out if she skated a great LP at Worlds or Olympics and ended with that beautiful and heartfelt piece of choreography!

vCash
    I love her LP. I'm a hardcore POTO fan so although the music is overused, if a Phantom program is well done, I will gush over it forever. That was ABSOLUTELY well done. Those spirals at the end are just amazing.

vCash
    I am excited to see Akiko compete this year. I would like to see her win the bronze in Sochi and the gold at the post Sochi Worlds. I know she can do it.

vCash
    So excited for Akiko this year! Even with the overused POTO, she just shines. Cliche music with skaters like Akiko doesn't really bother me because their programs are so well-performed and enjoyable even without bold music choices.

vCash
    Akiko is one of my favourite skaters. I really hope she has a great year - she deserves it!
    pug lover

vCash
    Congrats to Akiko for her SC performances!! I'm so hoping she goes to Sochi and gets a medal. The chances of that happening are slim but I can always hope. (That said, I do wish she'd have chosen something other than POTO for her LP. She skates it beautifully but the music is just so tired.) She's got artistry coming out of her fingertips and she could teach the up-and-comers a few things about emoting.

vCash
    I really wish she had done Phantom last year and O this year. Phantom is a really really good program, but I think O will be remembered as her signature piece. It's really hard to beat it.

vCash
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

vCash
    I've never seen a skater with so much charm, musicality, and graciousness. The piquant smile of this unique skater is heart-piercing.
    http://www3.daylife.com/photo/0drobD...q=Skate+Canada

vCash
    She is an absolute joy to watch. Loved he POTO program, didn't think I would but it's perfect for her. She interprets it beautifully.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Agree with many who compliment her character. This is maturity, which through ups and downs, has enabled her to take the high road and be gracious. The audiences sense this in her and is why many admire her so, even beyond just her heartfelt skating performances. Character matters.
    Totally agree! Akiko Suzuki has such a beautiful spirit inside and out. I wish her only the best! Her POTO program is so glorious. GO AKIKO!!!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-27-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast