Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    She has a light in her that you see in so few skaters. I haven't seen someone emote and embrace performing a fantastic long program like she does, since Michelle Kwan. And I, like a poster above, don't like to compare skaters to Michelle Kwan. She's on a different level, but for me so is Akiko. I only wish for Akiko to find that consistency Michelle had.... that's waiting to come out for Akiko in 2014 I hope

It brings me to tears watching her raw emotion and facial expressions/body movements during her choreography sequence in her LP at 4CC 2013. That moment for me was the highlight of my year. Just pure reckless abandon.
    Well put--she has a light and a joy in her skating and presentation. And like Michelle, she might not be the best at every element (others have bigger jumps or faster spins), but everything is done VERY WELL and the overall package is just excellent.

I soooooo want her to stay healthy and have a Olympics.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    <stoopid double posting FSU>
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Well put--she has a light and a joy in her skating and presentation. And like Michelle, she might not be the best at every element (others have bigger jumps or faster spins), but everything is done VERY WELL and the overall package is just excellent.

I soooooo want her to stay healthy and have a Olympics.
    Totally agree with this. Lovely to see Akiko achieve so much following her struggles. Her enthusiasm and love for skating shine through!

vCash
    She has a light in her that you see in so few skaters.
    She has! I love her skating!

Akiko skates with so much musicality & emotion. She seems to atomize joy and happiness when on the ice. She belongs to those rare skaters who have the ability to touch your soul.

I'm so happy she skated well at WTT and I wish to her that the next season will be the best of her entire career.

vCash
    She is one of my favorite skaters and it is a shame the judges undermark her so often. I hope she can end her career with an Olympic medal and World title. It would be fitting for someone of her immense talents. I think she is the most musical skater in many years.

vCash
    She's the only skater of the current crop that makes me feel something every time she goes out on the ice, even when she isn't clean. Yuna almost touches there when she goes 100% flawless, but it isn't the same, and it's only when she does a FS like she did at worlds. There's something about Akiko, there's something to be said about that rare ability. I can't explain it

I'll be very sad as she competes for the last time. I hope she accomplishes all her goals this coming season

vCash
    Even with her World bronze medals, 2 4 Continents Silver medals and 3 GPF medals- i consider Akiko one of the greatest skaters who ever skated! Her musicality is unparalleled. It is a soul/aura explosion ala Michelle Kwan. She draws you into her world and into her soul. She captivates you like no other. Her heart is so beautiful and pure. She is a rare breed. I believe only Daisuke and Akiko have this magic ala Michelle Kwan. I am so blessed to witness Michelle, Daisuke and the great Queen Akiko Suzuki!

vCash
    I think Akiko is one of those skaters that could skate to any music and make the program amazing. Similar to Kwan in many aspects.

vCash
    I'm with both of you posters!! I absolutely am in awe to see her skate, and she has the ala Michelle Kwan magic for me. She's also one of the few skaters who I honestly feel priveleged to have the opportunity to watch. I will be sad to see her go.

I said this in another thread which will be removed from the GSD, but I believe Akiko's 2013 FS is the best program of at very least this year, and probably this decade which has just begun!

vCash
    ... I believe Akiko's 2013 FS is the best program of at very least this year, and probably this decade which has just begun!
    Her current ISU personal best FS score (133.02 at 2013 WTT):
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Here's her last outing of the season, where she skated her LP very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3PEs2jsYs
    Re-posting from the Japanese news thread in GSD:

Akiko Suzuki's blog - latest entries are dated May 14 & 15 in Detroit, Michigan (with photos of Suzuki, Kozuka, Narumi Takahashi, Ryuichi Kihara, etc.): http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/
    Translations of her blog into English: http://akkoblogtranslations.tumblr.com/
    Excerpt from May 14:
    Aaaand now
    I’m currently in Detroit.
    Of course I’m here to get new choreography, but I’m also hoping for the chance to refresh myself since it’s just been so hectic right after WTT.
    A chance to cleanse the body and clear the heart.
    Switching between work and relaxation,
    let’s do this♪
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-17-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Had to bump this up because her new exhibition program to Love Dance is, of course, -worthy. And I'm hoping landing a 3flip under show lights and before the season even started is a good sign for next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuWrJh_vAgM

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    I <3 Akiko. She's one of my favourite skaters
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    I absolutely ADORED Akiko's LP this year. The music was gorgeous and I loved all of it when she hit it. And her dress was lovely too!

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki's gorgeous new Short Program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_DnRFxE28

Bits of her SP and LP in practice w/ interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZkCoM0NA4

vCash
    Love the SP

She and Czisny should have a Piaf-off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    She and Czisny should have a Piaf-off.
    Could I request this happens in Sochi, please?

vCash
    Oh, I don't like that Hymne de l'Amour for a competition program at all. The music is too thin and schmaltzy for the Olympics and the program is a snooze until the FW section. I would rather she go back to that fabulous Hungarian Rhapsody program, or even keep Kill Bill.

Of course, this being Akiko, the program could look magical by November.

vCash
    Oh really? I keep thinking it's her best work in terms of a SP, and I've always loved Hymne de L'amour. Then again I am really partial to nuanced skating like this program is. I could see the opening perhaps being a bit understated for some tastes.

vCash
    Akiko Suzuki's gorgeous new Short Program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_DnRFxE28

Bits of her SP and LP in practice w/ interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZkCoM0NA4
    Thank you so much for the Video. I love her and love that program!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    I love Akiko and her skating. I have no idea why skaters like Fumie Suguri and Miki Ando have had better careers since to me Akiko looks like a better overall skater than both.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast