Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Akiko Suzuki cheer thread!

I couldn't find another thread so I decided to start this one. Akiko may have had a rough showing at Japanese nationals and Worlds, but I still think she's one of the premier ladies in skating today. I'm really hoping that, as Japan has three ladies spots open, that Akiko gets one and medals in Sochi. I know she's 27 years old but she skates like she's 10 years younger. I don't know how she can top the creativity of her programs from this season but I'm anxiously awaiting what she'll do next season.

Go Akiko!!!!

vCash
    Totally agree! I think she's got "IT," even if the judges don't reward it. Her LP was probably my favorite of the season.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I LOVE her.

I tend to get touchy when people compare skaters to my fave (kwan) but in akiko's case, i really really see it. I know it's kind of vague to gush about a skater's aura and emotive abilities on the ice since it's so subjective but I can't help it, that's what I feel!
    I don't care if she had a disastrous worlds lp, she had the most distinctive and interesting program (choreographically/artistically and in terms of music choice and costume)

vCash
    That Cirque program was picturesque and beautiful at 4CC. I am glad she enjoyed that success so this worlds placement is not her whole record for the season.

vCash
    I feel bad for Akiko! I really like every single one of her programs (especially the footwork section and the speed she has throughout the end of her programs), but every single point and placement she gets, she earns. She can get great scores, only when she skates very well, but unlike other skaters who are held up, if she makes mistakes, judges don't hesitate to dump her scores... (so sad that she can make some mistakes and score only near 100, when if she skates well, she can get close to 130...) --> that being said, it is fair judging, but some skaters are held up and get high scores even when they don't skate too well.

vCash
    I adore her. Such heart and joy in her skating.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I hope she can reassert herself at the WTT.

vCash
    I LOVE THIS GIRL !. I feel like everytime I watch her she gives you everything she has. She seems like such a lovely person & I REALLY hope she has a fantastic season 13/14 & goes to Sochi. Of all the wonderful skaters out there nothing would make me smile more than to see Akiko on the podium at the Olympics. But I fear the judges are already looking towards Gracie Gold & the young Canadian as maybe-medals if the likes of Kostner, Wagner or Asada skates below par.
    It's a real shame as I enjoy watching Akiko much more than most of the others. I even thought that despite the errors at the World's she was a little under-marked. The choreography of her free skate was much better than several above her.
    I'm sending positive thoughts to Akiko.

vCash
    The Japanese skaters all have beautiful hearts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Here's what I think I think: I think Akiko is going to have a great WTT. And afterwards, she's gonna be thinking to herself: "Take that brioches!"

vCash
    ^ I hope so

She has a light in her that you see in so few skaters. I haven't seen someone emote and embrace performing a fantastic long program like she does, since Michelle Kwan. And I, like a poster above, don't like to compare skaters to Michelle Kwan. She's on a different level, but for me so is Akiko. I only wish for Akiko to find that consistency Michelle had.... that's waiting to come out for Akiko in 2014 I hope

It brings me to tears watching her raw emotion and facial expressions/body movements during her choreography sequence in her LP at 4CC 2013. That moment for me was the highlight of my year. Just pure reckless abandon.

Wishing her the best

vCash
    She is an inspiration. Maybe someone can find an interview to find out what was happening at World's.
    Love her skating & wish her the best!

vCash
    She practiced and warmed up well, it looked like a lot of doubt after missing the first flip at worlds.

I'll admit her jump technique this season is not what it used to be. The jumps have less height and there is not a lot of room for error. I'm thinking if she can resolve this over the summer then good things will be coming her way.

vCash
    I love her! If she is on, her skating is full of joy and so inspring. It touches your soul - few skaters have this ability.

I think she peaked too early this season. However, I think it's better to have a not so stellar season now than next year. I hope she will have a great next season. If she will win a medal in Sochi, I'll be happy for her.

vCash
    I too wish Akiko success at WTT and a good next season + preferably a medal at Olympics (if not that, then at least a respectable top 5 finish). I really like Mao too, but she's already had her great moments, including an Olympic silver (although I understand that she wanted gold - which doesn't look very possible now anyway). I must admit that I don't want Carolina to fail and have bad Olympics again in order to make place for Akiko on the podium, though. I just love both of them.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    Here's what I think I think: I think Akiko is going to have a great WTT. And afterwards, she's gonna be thinking to herself: "Take that brioches!"
    I have just now put up my shingle for my futurist consultancy practice. Prices reasonable.

vCash
    If only she had pulled off the same performances from WTT and even NHK at worlds! She could have been second!

Going into the Olympic season now, she is my favourite pick for the Silver Medal!

I wish her all the best for her last season competing!

vCash
    Love her!

vCash
    “I feel relieved that I was able to skate with everything I had,” said Suzuki. “My willpower carried me through at the end. It was a difficult season, but I skated with all my heart.”
    Source: Japan Times article titled Suzuki's stellar performance guides Japan to [team] bronze
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast