Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 448
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,305
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    My point in bringing up Plushenko's post-Euros remarks is to say he is the one who brought major attention to the fact that he did not have transitions in his programs. The the two 5.00's and the 6.00 are proof that those judges were judging what was happening on the ice in Vancouver.
    And no one else deserved two 5.00's in the whole top 20? Everyone else in the top 10 and 20 was greater? Including weir who got a 3 from Inman a us nationals? He didn't get two 5.00 at the Olympics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Maybe?! As an anonymous internet poster, you may be irresponsible for what you've written. But as a famous skater, Plushenko may not. He cannot accuse something without evidence. It was an attack, not only to Patrick Chan, or the judges! Of course everyone has the right to state their own opinion. But to state this way?! I'm very disappointed that Plushenko has sliped down so low! He could have said that the judging system has a big problem that needs to be addressed and changed without hinting Canadian Federation politicking which, I'm sure, he has no knowledge nor evidence!
    He didn't say he could provide proof just his experience as a skater for so long. Where do all the people who are saying he was overscored think the overscoring is coming from. At lest he went a little more specific than others. And other famous skaters too.

    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Please, you didn't say anything about getting more than one 5 until you were called out on the "no skater lower than 20" assertion. The comparison is to what you said, which was that Plushenko got a 5 for transitions and the next skater to get a 5 was ranked lower than 20. You're wrong.
    It was always a part of the point! You see two 5.00 with plushenko and don't see it again until Anton kovalseski in 21st place. You can't say two 5.00 appear until after 20th place. You think oda proves your point and me wrong but its all in the protocol.

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cerro Torre
    Posts
    3,496
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I'm not "harping on anything", I'm stating facts . Oda got a 5 for transitions in the short program. Look at the official record.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._SP_Scores.pdf
    Facts!

    Not to mention that the protocols clearly show that there was a skater in the Top Twenty who got a 4.75 for Transitions from one judge.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,709
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Do you agree that Skate Canada influenced the outcome too?
    Yep, I do. Under the old system, Russian federation seemed to have some power over some judges but under the new system, Skate Canada seems to have that over them.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,305
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Facts!

    Not to mention that the protocols clearly show that there was a skater in the Top Twenty who got a 4.75 for Transitions from one judge.
    Obviously it's there but what does it say that two 5.00 doesn't happen again until below 21st??

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,305
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    He accomplished his purpose. We're all talking about him, which no-one did during the actual competition. Score 1 for Plushenko.
    When some people were commenting on kovtun he was mentioned but I doubt attention grabbing is his whole mission with this.

  6. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    643
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought it was all about the quad, Plushy! Chan did do two quads to Ten's one(and if the tariff hadn't been raised thanks to your temper tantrum, Ten probably would've won!)
    Coming from Plushenko, these words are downright wrong.

  7. #107
    Princess Glee (TM)
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Whorellister
    Age
    38
    Posts
    10,114
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    23184
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Plushenko scored 90.82 in the short program in Vancouver. Exactly how much higher do the Plushenko ubers think he should have been scored?
    9,9909.18, give or take a few points.
    Men and I are like pianos - when they get upright, I feel grand!

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Chan's winning performance was the poorest one in the event the last 35 years without a doubt. If he wins with such awful skates it can only mean two things: 1. the judging is scandously bad or 2. the field is absolutely terrible right now and the worst in history.
    Chan completed 2 quads, one in combination perfectly, Ten only did 1. Sour grapes.

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    I love Plushy. Biggest ego in the world.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,820
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    And yet you keep posting in this thread, not an effective way to show that you don't care.
    That was my first post in this thread.
    I didn't say that I don't personally care; the use of "we" was to represent just people in general.

    I asked if he had watched it, because many times, people make comments without having even seen any video let alone the competition. They rely, instead, on the opinions of others who may or may have been there, watched video.


    For those who are counting (and apparently not very well) this is my second and what I plan to be my last, post in this.particular.thread.
    Crazy about sports!

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I really hope the way skaters score PCS will change.
    A skater should not receive good marks on all the 5 components just because he or she has good skating skiils.
    Chan is not the best skater at all in terms of chreography and interpretation which he scored the best of all men.

  12. #112

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31302
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Obviously it's there but what does it say that two 5.00 doesn't happen again until below 21st??
    It says that two judges thought his transitions were terrible.

    And as you conveniently keep ignoring, there were other skaters between #2 and #20 who were getting 5s as well. So the two 5s for Plushy were not out of range.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  13. #113

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West of the 5th...
    Posts
    29,340
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    42610
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Yep, I do. Under the old system, Russian federation seemed to have some power over some judges but under the new system, Skate Canada seems to have that over them.
    Damn that skating while Canadian advantage...

    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

  14. #114

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31302
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    And no one else deserved two 5.00's in the whole top 20? Everyone else in the top 10 and 20 was greater? Including weir who got a 3 from Inman a us nationals?
    Did I miss when Plushy competed at US Nationals? What a judge gave Weir at US Nationals has less than nothing to do with what any judge gave Plushy at the Olympics.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  15. #115
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,186
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    It blows my mind how Plushenko has the nerve to blame Skate Canada. A simple look at the protocol tells anyone that mistakes are not penalized enough. Everyone rushes to how the PCS aren't apparently scored to their liking when the results don't turn out right. People think that incurring harsher penalties for missed jumps would be the end of quad attempts and such. I don't think so.

    Sure, we can debate and debate how Skater X should have their Skating Skills and Choreography mark drop down to a 5.00 or something outrageous because of falls, but that wouldn't be indicative of the skating and people are foolish if they really think that should happen. If you are indeed going to look towards the holding up of the PCS, then people need to cool down about Chan and look at cases like Michal Brezina in the short program. A 7.93 for interpretation? Fan or not, he skated right through the music without an ounce of trying to listen to it or choreography until the footwork towards the end started. People want to battle over whether a 9.00 or 8.50 was more appropriate for Chan, but it should be whether Brezina really deserved in the 3.00's or 4.00's for his TR, CH, and IN marks-- regardless of his start order or landing the jumps.

    Second thought-- 'as a person who knows figure skating', you'd think Evgeny would try to fill out his programs more to the liking of what the PCS criteria asks. But no, he seems to rather rely on questionable scoring for himself.
    Thank you for being the voice of reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    And we care what Plushenko thinks about Chan's win because???

    This from a skater who acknowledges that he has not much of anything in between his jumps.
    This from a skater who has been repeatedly held up in PCS over past years.
    Has he even WATCHED anything from the comp?

    I think some of you need to take a good look at what it actually taking place ON the ice instead of wuz-robbing and yelling CHANFLATION every time Chan wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And PLushenko can win titles (some anyway) with minimal choreography and no transitions. What's your point?
    Exactly. He was a soar loser for losing to Lysacek in 2010 when it was his own fault to have not skated well and milked the system enough. He has as much credibility on this subject as Leonova had criticising Kostner's programs.

    In fact, from my own scoring he wouldn't have medalled in 2010.

  16. #116

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,836
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1638
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I agree with Plushenko 100%.
    I guess this just shows that posters with similar user names can disagree 100%.

    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Not exactly news. Pretty much everyone feels that way, and most people have said it too,
    judgejudy comes through with more comedy relief. Sure, there is a very loud minority that feels this way. Not sure how you got to "pretty much everyone" though.

    Honestly, Plushenko's complaints about Skate Canada are fairly ridiculous. Someone needs to learn to read protocols.

  17. #117

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My old Kentucky home, far away
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,429
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5515
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    In fact, from my own scoring he wouldn't have medalled in 2010.

    Mine either, I believe I had him in 5th place.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I personally don't have a problem with Chan's winning (though I wouldn't have if Ten had won either), but I think Chan really needs a convincing win to be considered as one of the greatest of the sport. Yes, I know he's had spectacular performances here and there, but he has to do it more often. You can say whatever you like about Plushenko, like zero choreo, zero transitions, or big ego etc., but at least he's won without dispute many times.
    Chan definitely has the goods. All he has to do is deliver. I hope it happens in Sochi.

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,260
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    judgejudy comes through with more comedy relief. Sure, there is a very loud minority that feels this way. .
    The only comedy are the minority of Chantards so stupid like yourself that think only the minority feels that way. Something so extreme that even journalists and the skater himself feels he needs to weigh in and defend himself, and that is a minority causing that, ROTFL!! You attempt to speak of me but really speak of yourself, as you are the real comedy relief around here, and what is special about you is that you dont even need to try at it, it just happens naturally while trying to pass off your so called knowledge on something.

  20. #120

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31302
    judgejudy27, you're going to hurt yourself ing so much.

    Why not sit up like an adult and accept that just because you have a certain opinion, that doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees with you.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •