Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Thanks for finding it, lala!

I haven't paid close attention on Yagudin in recent years. But I can totally understand for what he said. Still, sorry to say, it's contrary to what you have said about Yagudin's view on Chan. Yes, he did say that he was not interested in competition anymore. But he was refering to lack of high athletic abilities in recent year competitions. He actually specifically singled out Patrick Chan as the only one who qualified for their "multi-quad club". Contrary to what you have insisted, I do not see Yagudin show dislike on Chan at least in this particular interview which you brought here as an example for your claim.

The second part of the translation which was only a small part of this very long interview did seem out of place, since there was no one asking for it. I, for one, have already known what Yagudin thought about USA, American food and drink, girls, and the sort. So the second part of the translation was no surprise to me at all. Whatever your "a bit malicious" intentions go, it didn't work one bit on me.

This whole business of re-direct attention from Plushenko to Yagudin is, to say the least, a little bit tasteless. It doesn't work. Now, back to Plushenko...
    You provoked it, do not act so innocent.

Yes, we should go back to the topic, but not to Plushenko, but to his opinion. This post is not about Plushenko's skating, but about his opinion on the result of this WC.

If you think Plushenko is over scored, fine, no problem, but it would just prove that the system is flawed, is it not? Or in some of you's opinion, when Plushenko is over scored, it is over scored, when Chan is over scored, it is reasonable? No matter how bad you think Plushenko's skating is to today's standard, he expressed his opinion on this year's WC men's result. As a very good skater in the past (since many of you consider he is outdated), as a professional who does FS for over 25 years, I think his opinion can be regarded as a valid comments.

In fact this article should be just used as a proof in one of the post around discussing about the flawed system, instead of being posted separately. His opinion is not new one, being posted separately especially here means only one thing, the focus of the topic itself will get lost in the heat debate about Plushenko's skating with similar critics back in years.

So if you want to go back to Plushenko, it is only fair to go back to the topic of the post, whether you agree on his opinion or not, not on his skating.

Blergh
    vCash
    I'm not a Plushenko fan by any means. I hated his dominance during the 2006 Olympics and didn't like that "better" skaters could not perform up to their potential in the 2010 Olympics and thus make it more difficult for Plushenko to medal.

That said, I find it a little...I don't know disrespectful that so many here dismiss him and his success (that he got with his skating) because he stated an opinion about Patrick Chan's win (a skater who I do think is a superior skater in terms of pure skating skills and choreography if not execution or interpretation of choreography). Say what you will about Plushenko's lack of transitions or hoaky performances, but the man does know his stuff when it comes to figure skating and I am sure he knows a lot more than most posters (maybe every poster) who has posted in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Well, If I want to be honest, yes, I was a little bit malicious. But I was angry, if I wrote true things about Yag, and that weren't nice and lovely, some Yag's fan said I'm lying..hm..because I'm a fan of Plushy, -who is a commie devil - thus I'm a liar person...Do you understand?
    And now it all come out. Exactly the sort of person I thought you were. I knew it wasn't just a language barrier, you really are a nasty person.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Ok, so Yagudin's fands and Plushenko's fans are arguing again, because it doesn't matter the topic, it's always interesting to talk about Plushenkos (lack of) transitions, Vancouver, Yagudin, etc.
    Now, please, someone tell me what should I do, argue with myself?

Yagudin said he wasn't interested in FS anymore
    No, no, no, you are an eville Plushenko fan, he didn't say such a thing, he loves FS.
    He also said America was EVILLE, OK?
    You're an eville communist just like Plushenko and you're trying to trash Yagudin's image in NA. You can't stand the fact that americans love Yagudin more than Plushenko because Yagudin was better.
    No, no, no Plushenko was better.
    No,no,no.....(let's lynch Lala )
    Oh, boy,this is great!

vCash
    Laugh so hard that my face hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Oh, boy,this is great!
    I'm, full of admiration ciocio, how did you get those frames around the comments??!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    I'm, full of admiration ciocio, how did you get those frames around the comments??!!
    Yes I am amazed too.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Yes I am amazed too.
    I've quoted the quotes. The result surprised me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    This is not true. I never ever said or indicated I supported goebel winning In slc! That is the main case and 3rd was right for him. The issue has always been some kind of equal difficulty from skaters in jumps and a total rejection of the stupid idea that a quadless skate could somehow be technically superior to a skate with no quads. Once that bees old is reached hen it becomes about everything else! Like plushenko was better than gachinski in 2012 euros with gachinski 2 quads to plushenko 1 quad. And yagudin and plushenko are better than goebel. You're just not paying close enough attention to what I've been saying to comment. It's like your ignoring what I say and going on characterizations of what I said by others.
    Excellent! Now we're making progress - I'll be sure to bookmark this post to throw back in your face when you recant for the umpteenth time then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    You provoked it, do not act so innocent.

Yes, we should go back to the topic, but not to Plushenko, but to his opinion. This post is not about Plushenko's skating, but about his opinion on the result of this WC.

If you think Plushenko is over scored, fine, no problem, but it would just prove that the system is flawed, is it not? Or in some of you's opinion, when Plushenko is over scored, it is over scored, when Chan is over scored, it is reasonable? No matter how bad you think Plushenko's skating is to today's standard, he expressed his opinion on this year's WC men's result. As a very good skater in the past (since many of you consider he is outdated), as a professional who does FS for over 25 years, I think his opinion can be regarded as a valid comments.

In fact this article should be just used as a proof in one of the post around discussing about the flawed system, instead of being posted separately. His opinion is not new one, being posted separately especially here means only one thing, the focus of the topic itself will get lost in the heat debate about Plushenko's skating with similar critics back in years.

So if you want to go back to Plushenko, it is only fair to go back to the topic of the post, whether you agree on his opinion or not, not on his skating.
    Fair! You are terribly mistaken though. Although I was indeed mad at him this time, Plushenko is the King in my eyes. But the King could be blinded by something as well. The reason I went after "Yagudin claim" was because I cannot stand some of the crazy Plushenko fans. So go figure.

Oh, boy,this is great!
    Are these quotes from actual posts? Or did I miss something?
    Last edited by Eyre; 03-26-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    Are these quotes from actual posts? Or did I miss something?
    No, they are all mine, you didn't miss anything.

vCash

vCash
    I like your artwork ciocio. What an Artist. Better than Ten.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash

vCash
    Really hope your clowning round could save some face for some shameless fans' behavior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    And now it all come out. Exactly the sort of person I thought you were. I knew it wasn't just a language barrier, you really are a nasty person.
    Who cares?? You think, what do you want. I know myself. I think you are not a too righteous man, and you are more biased like me. This is so funny.
    Last edited by lala; 03-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Fair! You are terribly mistaken though. Although I was indeed mad at him this time, Plushenko is the King in my eyes. But the King could be blinded by something as well. The reason I went after "Yagudin claim" was because I cannot stand some of the crazy Plushenko fans. So go figure.
    What do you mean he is blinded? About the remarks on the output of men's event this WC? It is not very clear from your post or maybe you mentioned somewhere in the previous post?

I think probably Chan "deserves" the title if only because of the IJS. Rules are rules. But with such messy LP and still got 8.61 for PE and 8.96 for IN, that is just scandalous. IMO, even his SS looked not that great in this particular performance, I felt his movement was kind of tight.

In fact I do not really understand CH, now a good CH means good TR plus reasonable jumping layout, right? So actually this is kind of independent of what skaters put on ice, which means as long as you can afford to hire a good COP friendly choreographer, and execute all your transitions, you can guarantee high CH points (or at least to certain skaters). Or in other word, this mark is marking the choreographer instead of skaters. In my opinion, since the transition is rewarded independently, CH is redundant (the jumping layout is rewarded by applying x1.1 in TES, and the presentation is marked by IN and PE). Or the TR can be combined together with CH.

vCash
    Oh, boy,this is great!
    it's really great ciocio!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

What I posted earlier is all I know Yagudin would have said of Chan and his skating. Yagudin and Chan were involved in several shows in China and Korea alongside other skaters in 2011 and 2012 and I thought Yagudin was genuinely friendly to Chan. But of course people who know these things better than I do might want to reply Yagudin was actually just polite to Chan, in fact Yagudin hates Chan and is against him.
    Of course, Yagudin was friendly to Chan. Why not? What does that prove? And you believe me nobody wanted to write what you predicted... and am I a biased?? What are you? And I never said he hates Chan, or something like this.. Rewatch my posts..

vCash
    Oh, boy,this is great!
    Oh this is great! We should screen cap it and whenever there is a post related to Plushenko, just post this baby up, that will save people so much time and energy!

One thing I really don't understand, why I always see Yags name popping up under a Plushenko thread here in FSU? Does he have his own thread, or is he a Plushenko twin of some kind that people only talk about him under the Plushenko thread?

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast