Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 448
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Didn't Plushy have a nasty fall at Dortmund in 04 and he still won the title?
    It was more of a silly fall, and not on an element, I think he was setting up for a jump at the time. That's not comparable to the multiple errors that Chan made this year - more like Trankov splatting after the throw in the LP, and nobody is complaining about that result.

    FWIW, back then I thought Joubert should have won, but it's been ages since I watched either skate so I can't say how I'd feel about it now.

    Plushenko is not the first skater to suggest that Ten should have won, though I do believe he's the first to attribute the result to Canadian politikking - and that, coming from a Russian skater, is rather a pot calling the kettle black situation.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    354
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think Plushenko knows a lot what is going on behind the curtains in this sport.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    51
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So he just voiced the same opinion as Todd Eldridge. I missed all the old timers.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,493
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    2110
    Speaking of old timer, I wonder what would Dick Button have to say about this!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2529
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Chan's winning performance was the poorest one in the event the last 35 years without a doubt. If he wins with such awful skates it can only mean two things: 1. the judging is scandously bad or 2. the field is absolutely terrible right now and the worst in history.
    You are playing one key on the piano my dear. It is time to move on.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,204
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    You are playing one key on the piano my dear. It is time to move on.
    and you seem to have nothing better to do except follow me around every thread on this forum and try to change my mind about Chan. It is time for YOU to move on (and I am not your dear troll).

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    633
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Plushy is exactly right... Chan's win is a total joke!

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    No. Who opened it, wanted a bit of animosity against Plushy...
    You could open one for every person you've mentioned in your previous post if you want to make it even. I can't believe that you're Plushy uber but you don't even know that that was Plushy's intention to be noticed and to be at the center of something!

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,907
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2529
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    and you seem to have nothing better to do except follow me around every thread on this forum and try to change my mind about Chan. It is time for YOU to move on (and I am not your dear troll).
    Not that it matters, but that was the first time that I have ever responded to one of your posts.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Chan's winning performance was the poorest one in the event the last 35 years without a doubt. If he wins with such awful skates it can only mean two things: 1. the judging is scandously bad or 2. the field is absolutely terrible right now and the worst in history.
    Tell me about that!

    I'm beginning to think that you might have some personal issues against Chan. So you find every possible opportunity to attack him.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    You could open one for every person you've mentioned in your previous post if you want to make it even. I can't believe that you're Plushy uber but you don't even know that that was Plushy's intention to be noticed and to be at the center of something!
    Well, I'm an über, but I don't know why he is doing something... Probably he knew, if he says something like this, that will be in the center...

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    near Chicago
    Posts
    2,039
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It was more of a silly fall, and not on an element, I think he was setting up for a jump at the time. That's not comparable to the multiple errors that Chan made this year - more like Trankov splatting after the throw in the LP, and nobody is complaining about that result.

    FWIW, back then I thought Joubert should have won, but it's been ages since I watched either skate so I can't say how I'd feel about it now.

    Plushenko is not the first skater to suggest that Ten should have won, though I do believe he's the first to attribute the result to Canadian politikking - and that, coming from a Russian skater, is rather a pot calling the kettle black situation.
    If he was referring to the 2004 World Championships that Plushenko won with a fall that is just ridiculous because it was more like a slip and the program was totally awesome!!! In fact it was the best program that Plushenko has ever skated. Chan's win on Saturday was just a complete mess!! Yes, Plushenko might be the pot calling the kettle black regarding politikking, but it doesn't change the fact that he is probably right.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    It was more of a silly fall, and not on an element, I think he was setting up for a jump at the time. That's not comparable to the multiple errors that Chan made this year - more like Trankov splatting after the throw in the LP, and nobody is complaining about that result.
    FWIW, back then I thought Joubert should have won, but it's been ages since I watched either skate so I can't say how I'd feel about it now.

    Plushenko is not the first skater to suggest that Ten should have won, though I do believe he's the first to attribute the result to Canadian politikking - and that, coming from a Russian skater, is rather a pot calling the kettle black situation.
    Since you mentioned Trankov, Chan's FS performance at Worlds looked more like V/T's free skate at 2012 Cup of Russia where they made mistakes on four of their technical elements - of which two were falls - but still won the segment to pairs that didn't fall.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    In fact it was the best program that Plushenko has ever skated.
    Really? Has he never had a great program that was clean?

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Really? Has he never had a great program that was clean?
    that program.. eleven 6.0s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJXkfMYTX4 perfect!!!!!! in every way..
    Last edited by lala; 03-20-2013 at 07:26 PM.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    I think Plushenko knows a lot what is going on behind the curtains in this sport.
    In Russia. Sure!

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It blows my mind how Plushenko has the nerve to blame Skate Canada. A simple look at the protocol tells anyone that mistakes are not penalized enough. Everyone rushes to how the PCS aren't apparently scored to their liking when the results don't turn out right. People think that incurring harsher penalties for missed jumps would be the end of quad attempts and such. I don't think so.

    Sure, we can debate and debate how Skater X should have their Skating Skills and Choreography mark drop down to a 5.00 or something outrageous because of falls, but that wouldn't be indicative of the skating and people are foolish if they really think that should happen. If you are indeed going to look towards the holding up of the PCS, then people need to cool down about Chan and look at cases like Michal Brezina in the short program. A 7.93 for interpretation? Fan or not, he skated right through the music without an ounce of trying to listen to it or choreography until the footwork towards the end started. People want to battle over whether a 9.00 or 8.50 was more appropriate for Chan, but it should be whether Brezina really deserved in the 3.00's or 4.00's for his TR, CH, and IN marks-- regardless of his start order or landing the jumps.

    Second thought-- 'as a person who knows figure skating', you'd think Evgeny would try to fill out his programs more to the liking of what the PCS criteria asks. But no, he seems to rather rely on questionable scoring for himself.
    Last edited by Tony Wheeler; 03-20-2013 at 07:53 PM.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Yes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3a61BJQp7o with Button commentary) But Joubert wasn't flawless and wasn't better. This is the big difference.
    Hahahaaaa
    Of course, he was not flawless, but Joubert had just a double turn at the end of his Quad/Triple combo, late in the program. Not a fall before jumping.
    I won't discuss if Joubert was better or not, I don't care. But it's your opinion (and judges', as it was judges opinion to put Chan over Ten here).

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,284
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3052
    If you say as part of a base value that failed jumps be punished more that did lead to abandonment of quads by men in large numbers. It did. If you say failed jump gets same base value but minus 2 for fall instead of 1 that is more penalty but less of a penalty if there was ur so base value for full rotation remains the same but 2 off not 1. The base value can't go down again so where like a quad toe with < and fall is actually worth nothing. 10.3 for quad with fall going down to 7 and then 5 because of minus for falls maybe would not lead to jump abandonment. And that goes for all jumps too.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Hahahaaaa
    Of course, he was not flawless, but Joubert had just a double turn at the end of his Quad/Triple combo, late in the program. Not a fall before jumping.
    I won't discuss if Joubert was better or not, I don't care. But it's your opinion (and judges', as it was judges opinion to put Chan over Ten here).
    Hahahaha? That is not the same thing...Chan can win a World title with 4 big mistakes including 2 falls.... Did you read my answer yesturday?
    Last edited by lala; 03-20-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •