Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Completely relevant: it speaks to judgement and taste.
    Do you want to say, Plisetskaya don't know what is the art?????

ps. : I adore Dmitri Hvorostovsky fantastic baritone
    Last edited by lala; 03-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Sure, everyone can judge the "judgement and taste" of Maya Plisetskaya on an internet board, its free for all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    If you haven't seen: two parts of a documentary 2006 Portrait of the star. Artist on ice 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcyg-KW3I0 and Artist on ice 11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqGEGsRigc with english subtitle. The speaker is Nikolai Tsiskaridze, he was principal dancer in Bolshoi. He is also a fan of Plushenko
    Who cares?! This is what should be called "irrelevant"!

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    And it's unfortunate that you can't see that the Emperor has no clothes...

Again, name a world championship winning men's performance with as many errors, please. You can't.

I'm not a Chan hater. When he's on, there's no one like him. But this was a farce.
    Do you mean that Plushenko has no clothes? No one has ever called Patrick Chan "Emperor", not even his craziest fans, I believe. Only Plushenko has been called "King". Yeah, you partly right. I think Plushenko is taking off his King's clothes by making fool of himself. He came off like a small hearted revenger. Calling it a politicking win? Doesn't he have any better ideas like something might be wrong about the scoring system?! Right, he's not that familiar with the IJS. That's the reason that he and his team have been struggling on making CoP friendly programs season after season. Well, to be honest, he might be finally starting to understand something about transitions since last year.

As of Chan's win, it was an unfortunate win. No one wants it, neither Patrick Chan nor his fans. But he didn't take it. It was handed to him. Ten was simply not good enough in the judges's eyes. If you want to blame, blame the judging system. If the system could be tweaked better, it'll be great! It is wrong to jump on top of the skater or the federation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Respect is earned, not a given right for what you have achieved.

In my book, someone who sacrifices his life to a goal and pursues his sport with the passion Plushenko does, has abundantly earned respect. The same way he has spoken of other elite skaters with respect, even Zags his fiercest rival.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Who cares?! This is what should be called "irrelevant"!
    Yeah! I answered to GoGreen I showed to him/her..

vCash
    This all reminds me of when Jeff Buttle didn't make the world team but won 4CC in 2004 after a very very crappy program. He knew he didn't skate well but his reply was something like "I'm going to look at it as if I got a raise at my job. I don't know why I got the raise, but I'm sure as hell going to prove that I deserve it." (and he won his first national title and the world silver the next year).

I think Patrick will have the same mindset. He's probably happy to have the title and knows it wasn't his best skate by any shot. But he's going to try to prove himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFan View Post
    In my book, someone who sacrifices his life to a goal and pursues his sport with the passion Plushenko does, has abundantly earned respect. The same way he has spoken of other elite skaters with respect, even Zags his fiercest rival.
    Yes, sometimes the people think if they don't know something, it does not exist ...

vCash
    Yeah! I answered to GoGreen I showed to him/her..
    So you posted it in this thread. But you don't want anyone other than GoGreen to comment on it. In that case, there is a place called "PM".

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    This all reminds me of when Jeff Buttle didn't make the world team but won 4CC in 2004 after a very very crappy program. He knew he didn't skate well but his reply was something like "I'm going to look at it as if I got a raise at my job. I don't know why I got the raise, but I'm sure as hell going to prove that I deserve it." (and he won his first national title and the world silver the next year).

I think Patrick will have the same mindset. He's probably happy to have the title and knows it wasn't his best skate by any shot. But he's going to try to prove himself.
    Buttle won that title because the ordinals for the other skaters were all over the place. He knew he was gifted because of a crazy algorithm.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    So you posted it in this thread. But you don't want anyone other than GoGreen to comment on it. In that case, there is a place called "PM".
    Thank you for your information . How can I forget this? Dear Eyre, I hope you calmed down.. you was like a fury yesterday
    Last edited by lala; 03-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    In my book, someone who sacrifices his life to a goal...
    Sacrifices his life? Dear skategods, I hope not.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks to this thread, I think we now know why Chan skated to "I Need A Dollar" for his gala performance. Skate Canada told him to go out and collect money to offset the cost of the they shelled out so that he would win.
    Last edited by overedge; 03-21-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Thank you for your information . How can I forget this? Dear Eyre, I hope you calm down.. you was like a fury yesterday
    Yeah, I was. Mainly at Plushenko.

vCash
    Ok, so are we talking about 2013 WCh or about Plushenko's skating?
    I don't care if Maya Plisetskaya likes him or not, or if the Bolshoi choreographer likes him or not or fi Eyre likes him or not. Judges liked him during all his career and they awarded him a looottt of gold medals. It's obvious he had everything a skater needs.

Ok now back to Worlds, D10 is young and he will have a bright future. And Chan needs a coach.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    Sure, everyone can judge the "judgement and taste" of Maya Plisetskaya on an internet board, its free for all!
    It's quite easy to at Plisetskaya's taste when she thinks Alonso's "Carmen" is a masterwork
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Yeah, I was. Mainly at Plushenko.
    OK.

vCash
    People can sacrifice their lives for whatever reason or cause. Doesn't necessarily mean they earn respect. It has to be earnt. I think Plushenko has done his fair share of things in the past that have lessened the respect people have for him. For example demonstrating very poor sportsmanship after Olympics such as the things he said about why he didn't win or his antics on the podium at Vancouver. But then it is all about perceptions and what one might think is justified others will consider it disrespectful.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Plushenko rules!

Just thought the Plushy ubers were being outnumbered and needed some help. He has more haterz than Chan has fans.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Who cares. But of course Canadians are just as guilty as receiving gifts as the bloody Russians not to bloody mention manufacturing a so called crisis over the 2002 pairs results. Everyone knows Canadians skating at home are going to get some sort of advantage and for people to suggest otherwise is bloody stupid. That Virtue & Moir lost to Davis & White is meaningless because Davis & White have been better this year. Also don't play some stupid innocent act and suggest no bloc voting took place for North American skaters. Russians only were advantaged most of the time because they had more on their side of the judging panel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Who cares. But of course Canadians are just as guilty as receiving gifts as the bloody Russians not to bloody mention manufacturing a so called crisis over the 2002 pairs results. Everyone knows Canadians skating at home are going to get some sort of advantage and for people to suggest otherwise is bloody stupid. That Virtue & Moir lost to Davis & White is meaningless because Davis & White have been better this year. Also don't play some stupid innocent act and suggest no bloc voting took place for North American skaters. Russians only were advantaged most of the time because they had more on their side of the judging panel.
    Wow, did some Canadians steal your maple syrup or something?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast