Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyta View Post
    Lost, because he's got a lower scores for a short program (than he deserved) ... unlike Chan at Worlds 2013 - who got more...
    Yeah he got fives in Vancouver Which wasn't seen seen again until below 20th place. Judges gave him 5.0 for transitions so he was scored below everyone else in the top 20!! A top 20 that had others with minimal transitions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I guess Pluschenko noticed no one was missing him in London so needed to tweet to remind us he's still around?
    "no one"??? Really? Yesterday he had 100.000 followers on twitter..In this moment he has 100.353..maybe some people from them missed him....
    Last edited by lala; 03-20-2013 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
    Honestly, I think the same should be said to you. Where is that "Holier than thou" attitude come from?
    Maybe brought out by the haters?!

I actually don't have a skater that I constantly devoting myself to like lala.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Maybe brought out by the haters?!

I actually don't have a skater that I constantly devoting myself to like lala.
    I'm Plushy's über, but I also adore the figure skating. I watched it in my whole life.. And that is absolute irrelevant what you think about me. You don't know me, and in this forum needed a Plushy über..
    Last edited by lala; 03-20-2013 at 10:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    If you factored in a zero in transitions in pcs it would have killed plushenkos pcs score! A total zero from 2004-2005 season to the most recent 2012-2013 season would he have won anything? One pcs category of zero from sp and lp would he have even won the 2006 Olympics? So here you have a situation to where the only right score for plushenko was zero and he doesn't win anything probably. But even if a zero was right that would mandate all judges giving plushenko more than zero be sanctioned so it's a judge issue. It doesn't really apply to 6.0.

But the point about why the obsession with transitions I missed. Non stop movement for movement sake is very popular among a lot and believed to make everything harder. People like crazy non stop movement for no reason!!
    Transitions were only one part of PCS, and how many skaters that skated under 6.0 most of their lives made a sudden switch to add transitions before the jumps?

A lot of Plushenko's high scores came from delivering the program with confidence, and whether you agree or not, expressing the music. He did have exciting footwork. He was no Takahashi in that area, but still pretty good.

I am glad that transitions are getting credit now, but when a skater falls due to transitions, that's not worthy of high marks.

vCash
    Yeah he got fives in Vancouver Which wasn't seen seen again until below 20th place. Judges gave him 5.0 for transitions so he was scored below everyone else in the top 20!! A top 20 that had others with minimal transitions!
    Here's what he got for transitions in the short:
    7.50 7.50 5.00 8.00 7.50 7.75 5.00 6.00

and in the long:
    8.75 6.00 8.00 8.75 6.00 6.50 7.25 7.25

Oda, who was fourth in the short, also got a 5. So no, those marks "weren't seen again until below 20th place". And several other skaters in the Top 10 also got 6s, 7.5, and 8s.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Plushy is entitled to voice his opinion, just as Chan has on many occasions on a variety of subjects. A controversial win is going to spark a lot of debate; it's par for the course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Here's what he got for transitions in the short:
    7.50 7.50 5.00 8.00 7.50 7.75 5.00 6.00

and in the long:
    8.75 6.00 8.00 8.75 6.00 6.50 7.25 7.25

Oda, who was fourth in the short, also got a 5. So no, those marks "weren't seen again until below 20th place". And several other skaters in the Top 10 also got 6s, 7.5, and 8s.
    Oda got one 5.75 plushenko got two 5.00 you did not see 5.00 until below 20th!! Rather than be happy that plushenko was the only one in the top 20 to get 5.00 you still harp on his scores not being low enough!! He got low horrendous scores in the sp! And it was not just in pcs but goe. He was royally hosed in the sp and was of on par with people who would not even make the lp by some judges. No one was treated so harshly in the whole men's event. No he needed zeroes!! 5.00 was not low enough!! And the next lowest was almost a full point higher!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 03-20-2013 at 11:22 PM.

vCash
    *sigh* So, Plushenko offers a common opinion, speaks of something that apparently ~should not be spoken of~ (the politiking), and of course, he's the big bad evil villain.

Oh, and we're back to Vancouver. He's over it, so can everyone else be, please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Transitions were only one part of PCS, and how many skaters that skated under 6.0 most of their lives made a sudden switch to add transitions before the jumps?

A lot of Plushenko's high scores came from delivering the program with confidence, and whether you agree or not, expressing the music. He did have exciting footwork. He was no Takahashi in that area, but still pretty good.

I am glad that transitions are getting credit now, but when a skater falls due to transitions, that's not worthy of high marks.
    I was trying to view his skating from people who don't like him! He's very good and I agree with what you write but like where is Inman and others coming from and what would there solution be. This whole focus on transitions like it's Tes and pcs and s third category transitions! If you don't like the sweeping across the board sameness of pcs marks say that! Apply it to everybody !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    *sigh* So, Plushenko offers a common opinion, speaks of something that apparently ~should not be spoken of~ (the politiking), and of course, he's the big bad evil villain.

Oh, and we're back to Vancouver. He's over it, so can everyone else be, please?
    Others talk of chan being overscored in some kind of vacuum or say it's just the judges! Why are judges overscoring. Maybe Canada fed!

vCash
    Oda got one 5.75 plushenko got two 5.00 you did not see 5.00 until below 20th!! Rather than be happy that plushenko was the only one in the top 20 to get 5.00 you still harp on his scores not being low enough!! He got low horrendous scores in the sp! And it was not just in pcs but goe. He was royally hosed in the sp and was of on par with people who would not even make the lp by some judges. No one was treated so harshly in the whole men's event. No he needed zeroes!! 5.00 was not low enough!! And the next lowest was almost a full point higher!
    I'm not "harping on anything", I'm stating facts . Oda got a 5 for transitions in the short program. Look at the official record.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._SP_Scores.pdf
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    That does not compare to plushenkos two 5.00's. Only one in the top 20 to get that. Plushenko wishes he got odas transition score.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Plushenko's just preparing the groundwork for the whining when he doesn't win the OGM in Sochi.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Plushenko scored 90.82 in the short program in Vancouver. Exactly how much higher do the Plushenko ubers think he should have been scored? His scores for transitions are in line with what he presented in the program that night. He admitted himself after 2010 Euros that he did not have transitions in his program, because he was all about the jumps. How anyone can argue that he was overscored in Vancouver is beyond me.

That said, I agree with him, Denis Ten should have won Worlds last week. My thoughts, since Friday night, have been that if Patrick Chan skates this messily in Sochi and defeats a clean Plushenko for gold; then the Russian Olympic Committee and the Russian Skating federation are going to raise absolute hell over the results.

Patrick frankly needs a jump coach, and he needs to pace himself next season so he does not peak at Canadian Nationals as it seems to me he typically does.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    The judges were supposed to be judging what was on the ice and he was the only one in the top 20 to get 2 5.00 's. He brought Joubert into his comment and Joubert didn't get two 5.00. Plushenko was underscored in the way that judges went out of their way to go under the corridor they set for him to give him 2 5.00's and one 6.00. acting like Oda was treated the same way but that's wrong. 7 plus was seen as right for plushenko based on what he did and not a comment from january. Actually arguing that a comment from euros was right criteria to judge plushenko in Vancouver is not acceptable to me.

vCash
    My point in bringing up Plushenko's post-Euros remarks is to say he is the one who brought major attention to the fact that he did not have transitions in his programs. The the two 5.00's and the 6.00 are proof that those judges were judging what was happening on the ice in Vancouver.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Others talk of chan being overscored in some kind of vacuum or say it's just the judges! Why are judges overscoring. Maybe Canada fed!
    Maybe?! As an anonymous internet poster, you may be irresponsible for what you've written. But as a famous skater, Plushenko may not. He cannot accuse something without evidence. It was an attack, not only to Patrick Chan, or the judges! Of course everyone has the right to state their own opinion. But to state this way?! I'm very disappointed that Plushenko has sliped down so low! He could have said that the judging system has a big problem that needs to be addressed and changed without hinting Canadian Federation politicking which, I'm sure, he has no knowledge nor evidence!

vCash
    That does not compare to plushenkos two 5.00's. Only one in the top 20 to get that. Plushenko wishes he got odas transition score.
    Please, you didn't say anything about getting more than one 5 until you were called out on the "no skater lower than 20" assertion. The comparison is to what you said, which was that Plushenko got a 5 for transitions and the next skater to get a 5 was ranked lower than 20. You're wrong.

vCash
    He accomplished his purpose. We're all talking about him, which no-one did during the actual competition. Score 1 for Plushenko.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast