Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    And we care what Plushenko thinks about Chan's win because???

This from a skater who acknowledges that he has not much of anything in between his jumps.
    This from a skater who has been repeatedly held up in PCS over past years.
    Has he even WATCHED anything from the comp?

I think some of you need to take a good look at what it actually taking place ON the ice instead of wuz-robbing and yelling CHANFLATION every time Chan wins.
    And yet you keep posting in this thread, not an effective way to show that you don't care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I am a big Plushenko fan but it's not going to help him to express his opinion this openly (even though many others - from other countries- agree with him), since he plans to compete in Sochi next year, and I hope he does. He needs to let the feds battle this out. It's OK for Weir and Eldredge to express it because they are not planning on competing in Sochi or even worlds at this point (yes, I am writing off Weir). Gao said the same thing but she does not have the kind of visibility Plushy has in international figure skating.

However, it is not Plushenko's nature to keep quiet if he feels that something is wrong. He speaks up. I just accept it as his opinion, and I happen to agree with it. I do believe that if this competition was somewhere other than Canada, there was at least a chance of seeing a different result.
    Come on, how can expressing his opinion is going to hurt Plushnko? He will compete on home ice in Sochi.

Chan's win at 2012 Worlds that allegedly caused "one of the biggest scandals" in figure skating happened in France, not Canada.

I wish Virtue and Moir had enjoyed the same treatment from the judges as Patrick Chan for competing on home ice. If you can make some mistakes and still win, V/M should have won the entire competition but instead of that they didn't even win the free dance where they were quite flawless IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    And we care what Plushenko thinks about Chan's win because???

This from a skater who acknowledges that he has not much of anything in between his jumps.
    This from a skater who has been repeatedly held up in PCS over past years.
    Has he even WATCHED anything from the comp?

I think some of you need to take a good look at what it actually taking place ON the ice instead of wuz-robbing and yelling CHANFLATION every time Chan wins.
    You was the person, who wrote yesturday, that Plushy admires Chan..yes? Plushy admires Chan today too, but he has an opinion about WCH, like have the other skaters and experts.

He came from Israel two days ago, and I'm sure he has watched the programs on Youtube. He always has opinion about the competitions.
    The other things what you wrote are ridiculous )) read Casey's 54th post )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    You was the person, who wrote yesturday, that Plushy admires Chan..yes? Plushy admires Chan today too, but he has an opinion about WCH, like have the other skaters and experts.

He came from Israel two days ago, and I'm sure he has watched the programs on Youtube. He always has opinion about the competitions.
    The other things what you wrote are ridiculous )) read Casey's 54th post )
    If I were you, I wouldn't be talking this way. Save some face for your beloved skater, will ya?! ...As if your beloved skater doesn't have untouchable tiger tail...

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Come on, how can expressing his opinion is going to hurt Plushnko? He will compete on home ice in Sochi.
    Oh, there we go, when he loses in Sochi he can blame Skate Canada politicking if and when Chan finishes ahead of him, he's just trying to establish precedence. (Sarcasm, people, sarcasm! Though I cannot see how Plushenko will even medal. If he makes it there, I will happy just not seeing him permanently cripple himself on international television.)

It's the same (okay, a tad worse) than Johnny saying how after watching US Nationals he would have placed well. Tacky, sounds like sour grapes of some kind, hardly the worst thing anyone's every said. It's just a bit more tacky coming from someone who's ostensibly competition. Last time I looked, Todd was retired and Christina is in the womens' event. And I don't think any of them said that Chan only won because of Skate Canada working on his behalf.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn't be talking this way. Save some face for your beloved skater, will ya?! ...As if your beloved skater doesn't have untouchable tiger tail...
    Honestly, I think the same should be said to you. Where is that "Holier than thou" attitude come from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

I wish Virtue and Moir had enjoyed the same treatment from the judges as Patrick Chan for competing on home ice. If you can make some mistakes and still win, V/M should have won the entire competition but instead of that they didn't even win the free dance where they were quite flawless IMO.
    The only reason why V&M did not win free dance (and overall) because they were not flawless. Their FD performance was their best on of the season but not entirely. There were moments where they were not polished , yet still their score was (rightfully imo) very high.

Americans were flawless and seems so me they can win if they are flawless and V&M make (tiny) mistakes.

As far as Plushenko, well I wish I could not predict his statements....

vCash
    @Tenis_Den:
    https://twitter.com/Tenis_Den/status/314287824302120960

@EvgeniPlushenko, spasibo bolshoe, Zhenya! Skoreishego vyzdorovleniya!
    Thank you very much, Zhenya! Get well soon

vCash
    I guess Pluschenko noticed no one was missing him in London so needed to tweet to remind us he's still around?

vCash
    I agree with Plushenko 100%.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    not relevans, and isn't true... but maybe , because he skated mostly under the old system?? hm?
    Oh, that's right. When he did compete under IJS, e.g. at the Olympics, his programs with no transitions *didn't* win. Silly me, how could I have forgotten that?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I agree with Plushenko 100%.
    Do you agree that Skate Canada influenced the outcome too?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Oh, that's right. When he did compete under IJS, e.g. at the Olympics, his programs with no transitions *didn't* win. Silly me, how could I have forgotten that?
    2006 IJS was assumed so that is when.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I hope I don't get for this, but I really don't understand the obsession with transitions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I guess Pluschenko noticed no one was missing him in London so needed to tweet to remind us he's still around?
    Oh, how i like, when someone write (on behalf of all): "no one"

---------------------------------------

Here are part from today's longer Plushy's interview for russian newspaper...
    http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/vi...rt=2260#p78272
    - Leaders in single men skating is better in the year?
    - Yes, there was even few sensations. In particular, 2nd place of Denis Ten. He is originally from Kazakhstan, but recently him prepared a wonderful coach Frank Carroll, who were engaged with Olympic champion Evan Lysacek and other famous skaters. So, Ten skated very well. As for the world leader Patrick Chan, I liked his short program, but free has disappointed me. Javier Fernandez, on the contrary, was third, well skated free program. But still, I was filled with great respect to Brian Joubert. A real man! In his 28 years, he well skated short, then free program - did two quads. I expected the judges for this performance will put him higher. I am surprised with Daisuke Takahashi. I thought he would be among winners. So, there was happened a lot of surprises.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    2006 IJS was assumed so that is when.
    WTF? He lost at the Olympics in 2010.

vCash
    And PLushenko can win titles (some anyway) with minimal choreography and no transitions. What's your point?
    This is where that is from and what you wrote! I just assumed you were talking about 2006 which triggered the Inman score him at zero for transitions video

vCash
    WTF? He lost at the Olympics in 2010.
    Lost, because he's got a lower scores for a short program (than he deserved) ... unlike Chan at Worlds 2013 - who got more...

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast